OOC2

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

OOC2

#1 Post by ToniXX »

I've tried to pick this up right where we left off. I still need to sort a few things out, like who's got light, etc.
I'll be posting randomly in the next few hours as things pop into my head. If you have anything to note, or have questions, let me know.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OOC2

#2 Post by ToniXX »

Where did we leave the NPCs and the mule? Please remind me if you remember.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Argennian »

We left them back at our previous camp in the treeline to the east of the temple: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=790#p17961

I remember that the captured Red Blade patrol leader was charmed by Nuke's druid, too: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=790&start=20#p18660
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by ToniXX »

Thanks, Mitch. I completely forgot about the charmed red blade soldier. There was some great role playing there!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by Alethan »

I want to say I don't even remember my character's name, but... Francisco Bandy is such a great name, I can't ever forget it!
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by rredmond »

T'is a good name. :D
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by onlyme »

I'll be away through Thursday, but Veneficus will want to run away with the rest of them. Npc as necessary. I should be able to post once or twice, so it shouldnt be a problem.

thanks
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by ToniXX »

onlyme wrote:I'll be away through Thursday, but Veneficus will want to run away with the rest of them. Npc as necessary. I should be able to post once or twice, so it shouldnt be a problem.

thanks
Got it. Thanks for letting me/us know.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by ravenn4544 »

Are we missing any overall mission objectives by fleeing the temple now? I'll have to go back re-read some of the background.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by ToniXX »

ravenn4544 wrote:Are we missing any overall mission objectives by fleeing the temple now? I'll have to go back re-read some of the background.
I'll answer this, although maybe I shouldn't: You've basically done what the mayor requested, but there was a lot of other stuff to explore, which may turn up more clues as to why the Red Blade was at the temple in the first place.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Argennian »

ToniXX wrote:
ravenn4544 wrote:Are we missing any overall mission objectives by fleeing the temple now? I'll have to go back re-read some of the background.
I'll answer this, although maybe I shouldn't: You've basically done what the mayor requested, but there was a lot of other stuff to explore, which may turn up more clues as to why the Red Blade was at the temple in the first place.
From the original action thread here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=474#p7971
Cecilia Geth, daughter of the governor of Newiron, and head council to the mayor of Craldash wrote:... Your job is to remove them or at least run them off, and return to us any information you can gather. I can offer you 250gp each as payment and to cover expenses, and another 100gp will be rewarded to each survivor upon your return, as long as the mission was a success.
and: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=474&start=20#p8059
Cecilia Geth, daughter of the governor of Newiron, and head council to the mayor of Craldash wrote:... "One more thing: My spies in the hills will be well aware of the outcome of your mission, so do not attempt to falsify the results upon your return. As long as you are fair and loyal with me, I, the mayor and the governor will take care of you. May the gods be with you, gentlemen."
Point of Order: I'd say that although we didn't kill all of them, we did:

- ambush a red blade patrol of 6 soldiers (encounter#5) we killed 5 & took Khariq prisoner (whom Cis charmed for intel @ the temple compound)
- ambush another patrol of 3 soldiers & 2 orcs inside the temple compound (encounter #6) killed all of them
- ambushed the 8 orcs gambling/hanging out in a eastern room of the cloister (encounter #7 or 7A) killed all of them
- fought 4 soldiers from room on the north side of the cloister building, emerged while we were killing the last orc (encounter #7B or 8?) killed 3, 1 escaped with a leader-type that emerged in the doorway of a room on the western side of the cloister compound
- we rescued Meryth and gathered some pretty valuable and time-sensitive intel, like the fact that the Red Blade have moved through the Tieran's Pass en force, and that they were awaiting reinforcements to arrive at the temple anytime. Found trapdoor escape hatch & treasure in Shand's (the apparent leader) room.
from Meryth's accounting while she was prisoner: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1707&start=160#p70194
and here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1707&start=200#p74559
- wounded 2 soldiers escaping from the cloister compound (encounter #8 or 9) they escaped to the temple but wounded; Brok & Veneficus hit one with 3 arrows and the other with one arrow; they dropped the chest
- recovered some coin/nice silver dagger in the dropped chest & found the following stuff in Shand's room: (in a box) 4 daggers, 2 short swords, 3 leather guantlets & 4 heavy black cloaks; maps & journals, possibly about why they're at the temple and/or details about the invasion/potential enemy troop movements
- made escape with no party casualties & Cis even druid-charmed 3 wolf-like creatures to go find something to eat at the compound! 8-)

So that's a mission summary of:
- 11 Red Blade soldiers KIAed (2 wounded Red Blade soldiers & charmed patrol leader Khariq escaped)
- 10 Red Blade orcs KIAed
- 1 prisoner rescued (Meryth)
- valuable intel, maps/material for the mayor & lady, hopefully about the invasion/troop movements/Red Blade plans/etc acquired
- some other treasure/loot for the party

POP: We knew there were Red Blade reinforcements coming at any moment, and perhaps more than the party could deal with. They could have either ambushed or trapped us within temple compound. There was also the 2 soldiers that escaped to the temple. There could have been more orcs, soldiers or who-knows-what inside the temple that could have counterattacked us.

Brok felt that, especially with these factors in mind, it was more important to get the maps & documents as well as their rescued prisoner & garnered intel about troop movements back to the mayor, so they could make plans, adjust their own troop movements, whatever.

Imho, that achieves most of our mission parameters. No reason we couldn't reload and return for another go on the temple afterward though, right? DM/players willing, of course... :geek:
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by ravenn4544 »

Thanks! Agree with reloading and re-engaging the temple if those are the orders/guidance we get in town.

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”