OOC / Questions? Pt.2

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC / Questions? Pt.2

#61 Post by Argennian »

Nuke66 wrote:Here's to us for making it to the top of the boards as the longest lived game!

Thanks Mitch
And a Big Thanks right back at ya, Nuke! :P

You guys are beyond rad & I very much appreciate you sticking it out here, especially when I was struggling to even make one post a week. One thing I can honestly say: no matter how complicated life became or how busy I got with work, I never once considered giving up this game.

If that makes us the longest lived game running on the board, so be it! :D
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Argennian »

All groups,

Apologies for the ongoing delay here, folks. Was battling the flu end of last week & over the weekend and back to working double shifts again this week without being fully recovered. It seems the flu going around right now is a real doozy and I actually considered getting a flu shot for the first time. Only trouble is that it's apparently only 23% effective and has killed over half a dozen people out here on the left coast. Good times...

Anyways, looking to get off at a decent enough hour today to get things going again and very much appreciate everyone's patience as I'm struggling through it. If I can't, I'm calling in sick for the rest of the week and they can get some other unlucky, underpaid and unappreciated bastard to train the new field techs.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by tkrexx »

Hey, that flu hit me hard last month, took 3 days off work! Like you, I went back too soon and was flattened for another day. Even after that it was a week before I had enough HD to feel human. Take care of that nastiness, Brother!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Argennian »

Status Update:

Still struggling with this lingering flu and the heavy workload/long hours on the job of late but almost there with our next action posts for both teams. I also obviously still need to get the latest encounters entered and will do so as soon as I'm able. Massive appreciations for everyone's continued patience as I'm working through it.

Rexx: PM finally responded to. Based on that answer, go ahead and feel free to edit your post accordingly, if so desired. Otherwise, we'll keep it as is and see what happens! :)

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Argennian »

Good morning, all,

Wanted to chime in to confirm I finally posted updates for both main groups. I know it seems I make a continued, repetitive apology here for not being able to post as much as I & everyone else would like, but if I didn't honestly want to post more and recognize & reward you guys as players for being so loyal and hanging in there when things slow to a near-glacial pace, I wouldn't do so. Although I've always tried to provide an exciting game with as much detail and colorful background elements & themes as I can, I realize and understand that it doesn't make up for my lack of consistent posting.

I wanted you all to know that I'm still working on trying to better my work situation and not be forced to work so many hours a day/days a week, as well as trying not to use my ongoing health status/issues as a crutch or excuse. Although I am thankful for having a job after struggling without a regular one for 3 years and almost losing everything, I do NOT want to be out in the field killing myself like I am any longer than I have to. I don't want to discuss too many details about that here in the open but I can assure that things will not always be so inconsistent. Although I realize there will still be busy times & hectic RL things going on from time to time, I still want to improve my posting pace and so very much appreciate and salute you all for being so patient and understanding with me.

I still need to make more forum updates over this weekend and am going to be taking some time off next week to ensure I get caught up with everything here and everywhere else online, as well as make preparations for my upcoming Con ( http://www.dundracon.com ) next weekend. I sincerely hope everyone is doing well and having fun, and would like to thank you all once again for being such rad players and gamers! 8-)

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by tkrexx »

Hey, Bro, if I worked as many hours as you do, they'da buried me years ago. I'm almost certain that when we finally retire we're gonna own this board.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by tkrexx »

Guys, the Corporal has provided an easy out for us, do we allow him to take it? We won't have our ongoing spy, but no trace of us will be suspected. Plus, we have another bird. Third, the next time we encounter this giant lizard, he'll be alot weaker than the last time. Or do we save the Guard from himself and continue playing this complicated game? What do you think?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#68 Post by dmw71 »

tkrexx wrote:Or do we save the Guard from himself and continue playing this complicated game? What do you think?
Sorry, guys, but Caelvanna is going on the offensive. Not to defend the guard, but because that's what she would do.

I encourage you guys to play your characters how they would play; whether that's sticking around or saving their own hides.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by Nuke66 »

Agreed, though she may have been more effective from a distance lol.

If the beast decides to fight then he will die, I hope.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Argennian »

tkrexx wrote:Hey, Bro, if I worked as many hours as you do, they'da buried me years ago. I'm almost certain that when we finally retire we're gonna own this board.
Thanks, Rexx. Been working on that problem for awhile now and hoping to make some positive changes in that regard in the near future. Fingers crossed!

And yeah, I often wonder what things will look/be like here in another 5 or even 10 years. How many of the current games will still be going, how many of us will still be around and how many will have given it up and moved on & away? Hoping that no matter what, the good ship USS keeps sailing long & strong and that folks continue to enjoy the PbP experience. As long as the 1%ers and others in charge don't find a way to blow the world up before then, that is... :)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Argennian »

Status Update: All groups

Wanted to check in and report that I just returned late last night from my local con and am looking to get things rolling again later this eveing after work.

I had an absolutely rad 4-day weekend of gaming: hooked up with some old buddies and made some great new friends too. Grabbed up some awesome painted figs as well as OOP & 1e treasure to boot! I was also extremely lucky to have lost my wallet with a lot of $$ in it on Saturday morning when we went to breakfast at our local spot and have it returned by complete strangers that weren't even part of the convention. That restored my faith and hope in humanity there and DunDraCon39 is now being coined "Wallet Con" by my mates!

Had great fun with the FtF gaming & over-swizzlage but am very much ready to get back to some pbp radness with you all again! :)

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by tkrexx »

Glad you had a good time at the con... But that wallet thing, wow, that's one for the books! Good on them folks!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by tkrexx »

I'm gonna post tonight, I'm gonna. Emm is clearly not gonna be happy about the raiders going after the owl, and is gonna want to put a stop to it. I'm getting a headache trying to figure out the best move. Bringing the corporal back to Shanny is not it, in my mind. Any suggestions?

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#75 Post by Nuke66 »

Sorry for being MIA. Lost my computer and everything else we owned to a house fire on Monday. No one was home nor hurt so things are going as well as can be.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Argennian »

Damn, really sorry to hear that, Nuke. Like you said, thank God no one got hurt, or worse.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you and your family out.

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#77 Post by Alethan »

That sucks, Nuke. But glad you and the family are safe.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#78 Post by dmw71 »

Sorry to hear that, Nuke. It's obviously great to hear that you and your family are unharmed, though.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#79 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Ditto. Glad you're ok. :)
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by tkrexx »

Damn, Nuke, consolations, Brother, that sucks a big one. Glad tho that you and yours are safe. Be well and get things right. The game will wait for you.

Return to “A New Hope to the West”