(CLOSED) Eddistone Point

Antman9
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

(CLOSED) Eddistone Point

#1 Post by Antman9 »

Introduction
You have traveled a great distance to begin your adventuring career. Your nerves are on edge as you pass by the Red Ale Inn. It’s brightly colored door and shutters with the High Lord Brickfoot’s flag waving in the thick muggy air put you ill at ease. You decide to settle in an out of the way tavern. A dilapidated sign says, “The Belfry Tower.” Shutters hang askew, and there are holes and weapon marks in the front door. You feel at home here despite the accommodations.

You rent a room, filthy, with the stench of sweat and other malicious odors, inhuman and unknown, for a paltry 2 cp (includes meal and drink), toss your belongings in a corner, and attempt to swallow what they are trying to pass off as food and drink. There are only a few other patrons. They look to be merchants of some kind thought you are not sure, their clothing is ragged and filthy and they never make eye contact. Your after-meal belches threaten the very air you breathe and you begin to question what the meat-o-the-day really was.

A thick, pale, rough-looking man steps through the door, his garb is clean but worn. There is determination in his eyes as his lips part to speak. He pauses a moment, takes a couple of steps closer, and considers the room.

“I am in need of adventurers. The task is not of great difficulty, but there may be an element of danger. Those of you interested please introduce yourself along with any skills you may possess,” he says, then waits for reply.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Eddistone Point

#2 Post by Keehnelf »

Buckey Halfbeard, Halfling Vagrant Level 0: HP: 10/10, AC: 12

"Danger? Show me your gold, traveler, and I'll show you your enemy's blood."

Buckey makes a decidedly un-halfling-like face as he grimaces and draws one stubby finger across his throat. He does not, however, get up from his "meal".

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gorthak a large minotaur about 7' 5" stands up and haunches over to prevent his horns from scraping the ceiling. "If you cannot tell what I do then you are not even worth my time. I'm Gorthak and I'd hope it is obvious what I am. If you can clearly see my weapon and what I am then need I go on?" he lets a snort out of his bull nostrils "Gort I'll let you tell them exactly what I can do and did to those goblins."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by badams30 »

Gort - Savage 0 lv (HP: 10/10; AC 11)

Seeing the stranger enter the room, Gort grunts and glances at Gorthak. He tenses up inside his patchwork fur cloak and peers through his long unkempt hair. He springs to his feet nervously as Gorthak rises. As the tall minotaur finishes his sentence he raises a heavily scarred arm and says in almost a guttural growl "Gorthak smashes goblins." He chuckles the laugh of a madman and says "Heh heh... crush... SMASH! Heh heh heh..." And he nods vigorously, looking up at Gorthak. He abruptly stops and says at barely a whisper "If Gorthak goes, Gort goes."

He stands next to Gorthak, clenching and unclenching his fists.

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gorthak: Minotaur - Aspiring Knight "Yes this my friend Gort. Where I go he goes. He too has his skills." Gorthak returns to his seat and motions for Gort to calm down and return seated.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by MonkeyWrench »

["Seeker" Jyrbian Talanador of the Bleeding Eye - Lvl 0] {HP:10/10} {AC:9}

A man with tanned skin looks over from the stool at the bar, his messy hair spiking in all directions. He has a weathered face and a black goatee. His wears simple traveling clothes and a staff that leans against the bar next to his belongings. "Danger? Dangerous places always have interesting things, count me in!" He stands up from his stool, "As for who I am... hmm.... Well, I am known as Seeker Talanador. I am a... researcher and... procurer of things, I also have been known to dabble in a bit of magic." He gives the man a smile, anyone looking at him would be put at odds to see his golden eyes gleaming in the darker tavern.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

ArtoriasAbyssWalker
Scout
Scout

#7 Post by ArtoriasAbyssWalker »

[Elktran - Aspiring Psionisist 0] (HP 10/10) (AC: 9)

The Elf with dark skin and black hair peers up from his reading. Under his breath he mumbles a few things almost as if he's arguing with himself and then impulsively he blurts "Uh, I might fit what you are speaking of. I am an adventurer of sorts, I suppose, and these are my friends. Ah! Where are my manners, my name is Elktran, and I hope to one day unlock the secrets of the mind." He scratches head, says something about insects and inquires "What exactly do you need us to do?"

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Sol »

[Zirus - Lizardfolk Aspiring Cleric 0] (HP 10/10) (AC: 16)
Actions: Deducting 2 cp for the meal and room
Commentary: Introduction, Zirus

The Lizard Man considers what he is seeing in front of him - some humans, a minotaur, an elf. And the rough-looking man who has drawn them from their seats. At first, the reptilian is suspicious. Around his neck he wears a mirror on a chain - and this he pulls out of his armor as the others are talking. They are eager. Perhaps they are arrogant. Hmm. Good. Maybe these are the ones he has been looking for. He flicks his tongue at them to get their scent. He then peers into the mirror, tilting it so that it catches the candlelight. A moment later Zirus decides that his goddess has answered his concerns. Hmm. So these are the ones that will lead him to his fate.

"Zirus-s-s-s," he says, standing as well. He wades forward through the crowd, unnerving some of the patrons, but unconcerned of their fear. He replaces the mirror. He wears robes which are of deep crimson, but it can be seen clearly that he is wearing armor beneath. He is wearing a backpack - so it is clear he is a traveller. The backpack is laden with gear of various kinds. Zirus eyes the group curiously, settling his amber eyes ultimately on their would-be benefactor. "If you are asking about my skills with killing," he says, disdainfully, "Then yes, I, like my people, am no stranger to this skill. As for myself, I aspire to more. To the power over life and death." He grins, revealing rows of sharp teeth. The swamps of his people are nearby. The reputation of the Lizard Folk is one of harsh justice against all trespassers.

Zirus wishes to know more of this stranger and his purposes - but having had the reassurance of his goddess, he realizes that the answers he seeks will be revealed shortly. As such, he contents himself with learning what he may of these others who he knows he is fated to quest with.
Last edited by Sol on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ready your Sword, your Spells, your Warhammer. The Iron Realm Podcast awaits!
http://theironrealm.blogspot.com/

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Regarding the lizard mans introduction a Jyrbian smiles, speaking low and more so to himself, "Life over death? Hmm... Interesting."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gorthak back in his seat turns to see the lizardman "Life over death. I hold justice over good and smash evil." he snorts again out of his bull nose. Turns back to his friend Gort and goes back to their drinking and eating.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by Antman9 »

The man steps a bit closer and states with an easy, fair voice, “My name is Gunther Wilmhest. I represent the High Wizard Netheril. It is my pleasure to meet each of you. Now, if we may get down to business. My lord’s offer is ten gold each, plus whatever you find along the way. He is not in the business of treasure hunting and shall not haggle over it. What you do along the way is your business, as long as his errand is performed as instructed and promptly. What say you?” he crosses his arms and looks to each man with indifference.

GreyWolfVT

#12 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gorthak "Surely it is more than a mere errand otherwise you'd have done it yourself. What errand is this that requires hearty adventurers?"

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by Antman9 »

Gunther looks to the Minotaur and smiles softly, "I see you are a shrewd individual, but there are no secrets here. I am the High Netheril's servant, within the walls of this broken city. My purpose is to do his bidding and he expects nothing more. This city is in need of true leadership, not that glutinous palavering fool Brickfoot. Netheril shall see it so. This errand is but a small part of that endeavor. I am but a pauper compared to men such as you. That is why I, or rather he, asks for your assistance. Should that answer appease your curiosity?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by badams30 »

Gort - Savage 0 lv (HP: 10/10; AC 11)

Gort scratches at his beard and with a puzzled look on his face glances up at Gorthak and says barely above a whisper "Huh? Too many words." He shovels a huge spoon of the questionable food into his mouth and says with a mouthful "Mmmggfff... Gort go with Gorthak mmmffff huurrggg brrrmmmmgaaaa..." and he nods his head, pausing long enough to give Gorthak a hearty back slap.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Jybrian thinks for a moment, his hand stroking his goatee, he then seems to have come to a decision as he nods to himself and gives Gunther a wicked smile, "Sounds like fun! I for one am always willing to travel. Will you be giving us the task at hand or shall we be meeting this Netheril?" He grabs his staff and places both hands on top and leaning into it, using it to rest his body. his face still showing a smile, "Seeker Talanador accepts your errand"

GreyWolfVT

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gorthak doesn't even notice the back slap other than that he knows his fur was disturbed on his back near to Gort. Imagine Gort slapping a brick wall, I think his hand stings a bit with pain. "Very well if we must go meet this Netheril then so be it." he turns to Gort "You follow me. *pause* Eat fast friend."

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by Sol »

[Zirus - Lizardfolk Aspiring Cleric 0] (HP 10/10) (AC: 16)

"The task, Gunther Wilmhest," says the Lizard Man, "Has yet to be stated. But we are listening." Unblinking, he eyes Gunther.
Last edited by Sol on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ready your Sword, your Spells, your Warhammer. The Iron Realm Podcast awaits!
http://theironrealm.blogspot.com/

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Keehnelf »

Buckey looks a bit concerned, though it's tough to tell through his usual scowl.

"Listen, pig-eyes. Ten gold pieces is a lot of clink for a simple delivery, and not enough for real danger. What exactly do you want?"

He pauses, then mutters,

"If your family and friends were killed by orcs, you'd never settle for ten gold pieces..."

ArtoriasAbyssWalker
Scout
Scout

#19 Post by ArtoriasAbyssWalker »

Elktran nods his head in agreement with Buckey and states "Yes, what exactly is the task at hand? I would like to know before I throw my life away as I hope to have a few hundred more years under my belt. Then the stench pervades his nostrils, and the remnants of the "food" he's now set aside begin to stir in his stomach. "Although, I would do just about anything to leave this place... and ten gold could buy us much better rooms."

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by Antman9 »

Gunther looks at Buckey and Elktran, each in turn. “I am merely the messenger,” he states, matter of fact like. “The High Wizard Netheril will explain the task in detail. You may accept or refuse as you like. But there is nothing more I can tell you about the errand, I have told you all I know. You may haggle the details with him. If you have an interest please state it and I will take you to see him.

Return to “Dragons Belch: A New Beginning”