OOC Discussion

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion

#141 Post by sulldawga »

Q.Q Elf wrote:
sulldawga wrote:Agrom's new Goal: I will get everyone back alive... except the Chaotic guy. He's too shifty.
Ha :) My character's actual a girl this time out. Agrom wouldn't hit a girl, would he?! :D

Helping solve conditions & creating havoc. That's my goal!
I wouldn't hit you... but I might not sacrifice my pet kobold and my favorite 50' of rope to save you from being eaten by a giant crocodile either.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by Keehnelf »

Just want to toss this out here as a quick reminder:

Stuff is kind of happening in the game world, some of it local and some of it broader, and you'll find plenty to engage you as you travel through it. I don't want anyone to feel, just because they've got something staring them in the face, that they need to feel bound to keep going along a given route. Sometimes that route will lead to a challenge way above the abilities and the resources the party can bring to bear (like the Bale), so please keep that in mind when deciding on next longer-term steps.

While there are obvious leads, you can also choose to spend time in the Town Phase seeking out rumors or leads toward other adventures as well. I just don't want anyone to feel obligated in any particular direction, especially if a given opportunity or story seems less than awesome to them for some reason, or doesn't suit their character's longer-term objectives.

Simon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#143 Post by Simon »

Thanks for the reminder. TB is such an intense, goal oriented play experience its easy to forget that there are options, like running the fuck away. :)
A little bit of damage is good for the system
-Tehching Hsieh

Harlan Wax, Halfling Burglar - Flickering Light (Torchbearer)

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by sulldawga »

Maybe now is a good time to discuss distribution of magic items, since Starbeard seems to have claimed the Book for himself. How are we doing that?

EDIT: Although one reading of the Book's powers suggests it will still work for others even after it's no longer useful for one PC. Is that correct, Keehnelf?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Keehnelf »

That is correct.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by sulldawga »

All righty then.

We still ought to discuss who gets the sword and the armor though, right? Although I guess the armor is Agrom's by default and the sword should then stay with Harlan. I guess we could sell either or both but that would probably anger the Pilgrim.

Plus I feel like the rules strongly suggest you should spend all your money every time you go back to town.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Keehnelf »

Carrying around cash or holding over from one adventure to the next is not necessarily a problem except that it takes up a lot of space. Pack1 for every 1D of gold coins, Pack2 for 1D of silver coins. Which adds up fast.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by Keehnelf »

There's also the shield and hammer to account for, if either of them are of interest to anyone. Though not strictly magical, they'd cost money to get in town or could be a source of extra cash.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by sulldawga »

I don't know why any adventurer would carry around his life's savings on any adventure. Agrom would leave any extra cash he had behind, at his parents' house. Or, at the very least, buy a few small but valuable gems.

I mean, let's face it, a lot of adventurers risk their lives to get rich. It's a serious flaw in the rules if you're then actively impeded from enjoying the rewards of your labor.

As for the loot, Agrom needs a new shield since the statue trap smashed his old one. Not sure what we should do with the hammer.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Keehnelf »

Yeah, my sense of that is that extra cash you earn is intended to be sunk into new gear and stuff to make your life easier overall, like property and such.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Keehnelf »

You estimate that, in addition to its value as a weapon, the hammer is probably the equivalent of 1D if used as treasure.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by sulldawga »

Hmm, the one thing we keep forgetting about is the amulet. We ought to ask the ghost about that before we leave.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by sulldawga »

So I guess we could say the Book is a group possession, Harlan keeps the sword, Agrom keeps the armor and shield, we sell the hammer and then Raiz gets the 3d of gold (2d bag of coins + 1d from hammer)?

Or we split the gold and Raiz gets first choice of the next magic item?

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by Starbeard »

I'm fine with splitting the gold. I wouldn't be surprised if Raize comes aross a magic item that he'll obviously call dibs on somewhere around this place, so for now we can muust keep everythng communal and let the more fighty types keep the weapons & armour.

Simon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#155 Post by Simon »

That all sounds good to me, but we can also keep our options open for when/if we ever make it to town. If Ag and Raize are still stuck being Sick or whatever they'll want and need extra resources to help recover. By the same token, if Harlan is pretty much condition free or just needs a good nights sleep in a comfy bed, then there's really no need for him to have any loot at all.

Also, we should definitely ask this ghost what's up with the amulet...
-Tehching Hsieh

Simon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#156 Post by Simon »

Rules question: In the Skills chapter, most skills are listed with a helping profession that could provide supplies for that skill. For example under Cartographer it mentions that "Supplies of paper from millers and ink from alchemists are
always welcome" (pg. 31). I read this as implying that you could, using Alchemy, produce expendable supplies (ink) that could be consumed for a +1D for Cartography. Does that sound about right?
-Tehching Hsieh

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by Keehnelf »

That is exactly right.

Simon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#158 Post by Simon »

Cool.
-Tehching Hsieh

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#159 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Still waiting patiently to cause trouble with my Chaotic Cleric.

I mean, waiting to cure some conditions!
There is only one real path: the river of fire. Everything else is an illusion. Trevor Faith, in Christopher Moeller's Faith Conquers

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by Keehnelf »

Camp took much longer than I expected it to :)

Return to “A Flickering Light (Torchbearer)”