Chapter 1 - Screams at Dawn

Eulalios

Re: Chapter 1 - Screams at Dawn

#161 Post by Eulalios »

Abhkari pulls out and nocks another arrow as he ambles after Craw. "I kinda think they took and left," he says.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#162 Post by MrHemlocks »

Adrik, heads toward the bog. Standing off the trail, that the sled took and using cover as much as possible, he stops and calls out to the others. "You know that lady, think her name was Moss, said that she saw her family being taken to the bog. She said nothing about a sled. So, I been thinking. Whatever the heck those goblins gathered must of been plenty heavy to leave this marks. I am curious what they took for if not the captives or furniture what else could way down a sled to such a degree?"

Trail leads to the bog....

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#163 Post by tumblingdice »

What, indeed? Erevan says. He looks toward the bog with a puzzled expression, then prepares ray of frost.

Sorry to be out of touch, guys. I stopped receiving notifications for some reason.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by ybn1197 »

Craw & Abhkari
Craw approaches and enters the barn first with Abhkari close behind. After you both enter and your eyes adjust to the sudden darkness, the sight before you is reminiscent of a battlefield, or more appropriately a slaughter house. There are large pools of blood in the hay which covers the ground and splatter covering the walls. There are no humanoid bodies to be found but there are a couple of chickens laying covered in the hay, their bodies crushed as if by a much greater weight. Tools and other farming materials are scattered against the far wall. To the left of the entrance, a couple of sets of tack and harness hang from the wall. The sets are too large for a horse's neck so you think they may have had oxen.

Eulalios

#165 Post by Eulalios »

"Looks like the gobbos slaughtered the animals. Then had the humans drag the carcasses into the swamp on their sled."

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#166 Post by MrHemlocks »

Adrik, shakes his head in disbelief."Why would goblins kill the animals, in the barn, than have the human pull them into the swamp using a sled? Would it not been wiser to have the animals, in this case looks like an ox, pull the sled and the human captives along with whatever else they wanted to take from this place?" Looking toward the swamp he rambles on. "Whatever the hell happened here 'it' takes us to the swamp. And that is where we head to next...unless the rest of you have other ideas."

Eulalios

#167 Post by Eulalios »

"If goblins were wise they might have figured out agriculture and how to make their own stuff instead of stealing ours..."

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#168 Post by tumblingdice »

"Goblins are lazy, cowardly creatures," Erevan replies pedantically. "They lack the discipline to farm. I wonder who's leading them in all this.

He looks toward the swamp."Adrik's right. Let's investigate the swamp."
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#169 Post by MrHemlocks »

tumblingdice wrote:"Goblins are lazy, cowardly creatures," Erevan replies pedantically. "They lack the discipline to farm. I wonder who's leading them in all this.

He looks toward the swamp."Adrik's right. Let's investigate the swamp."
The groups make their way toward the swamp....

pipes84
Tracker
Tracker

#170 Post by pipes84 »

Craw follows along the others towards the swamp, strapping his shield on his back, keeping an axe at the ready and pulling out a piece of dried meat from his backpack.
"They have been quick, anyway. All that took place in between the lady's departure and our arrival".

Eulalios

#171 Post by Eulalios »

Abhkari checks his gear, counts his arrows (Still 20), flexes his bow, runs his draw hand over the hilt of his sword and the heads of his axes, eyes the peat bog ... "Damned flat ... hard to believe there's much hiding there, it goes for miles like that. I guess the goblins might be hidden in one of those stands of trees, those might be islands of solid ground in the bog?"

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#172 Post by tumblingdice »

Erevan the Eager, elf wizard

Yes, but can we get out to those stands of trees? We might sink right though. Especially stout dwarves, Erevan says with a smile. He tentatively tests the firmness of the ground.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#173 Post by MrHemlocks »

"Not confuse your delicate body with that of a dwarf, Erevan. I can get through this nasty swamp as good and any tree hugger!"Making his way into the bog, Adrik keeps his ears alert for any strange noises. His eyes shift back and forth from the trail made by the sled to scanning the surrounding area for any possible dangers.

Return to “Veranar (DnD 5e)”