5. A Surprise Party?

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 5. A Surprise Party?

#281 Post by Cwreando »

Robert says, "I do not want to seem insensitive but all his gear is of no use to him now, unless we can resurrect him. Barring that we should utilize it for the purpose it was intended, to defeat evil. I cannot use it myself but perhaps someone may come along that could or if we get to a town we could sell it perhaps. Let's burn the dead bodies and be going with the villagers."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#282 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt still very hesitant to do as Robert mentioned Fendt looks on to Tib, Agrippo and Tumbler before he starts stripping items off the dead paladin. In awaiting their approval he seeks out a urn or anything that might be of use in the rooms attached to put the ashes in to carry them back to town.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#283 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler speaks up at the mention of taking Vorkaths gear. Leave the man his armor and his sword. It was all he really possessed in life, it should be with him in death.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#284 Post by Stirling »

"Leave his body alone in the bedroom, we can take his sword and any stuff we need. Don't think we will see his ghost chasing after us, more likely become an angel watching over us.",Agrippo will not want to see the body burned, at least not until we can do the old barbarian viking thing and send him off in a noble flaming longship...

"we need to plan our next moves, wraiths were guarding one way and there are zombies on the staircase that other way. Do we explore along the halls of heroes or press on through more towers. I'm a bit lost as to which direction to take and do we go for finding Strahd or Ireena?" Agrippo will be musing over some choices ahead.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#285 Post by Zhym »

Date: Nouluna 5, 1221
Time: 5:10 AM
Weather: Rain
Moon: Full

Robert bandages Tibbius. The elf is still unconscious, but stable.

Time passes as you try to decide what to do next. Do you remain in the castle or return to town with the villagers, to regroup and recoup? What will you do about the bodies of Vorkath and Randolph Cat? And what should you do with Vorkath's possessions?

While you discuss your options, Agrippo drags Vorkath's body into Gertruda's room and lays the corpse out on her bed. "Ewww!" she complains as the backs away into the library.

"You can probably get out of the castle the way we got in," offers Barnabus. "The ropes and grapples are still in place. I doubt you'd be able to climb the ropes and carry the big guy, though."

The once-roaring fire, untended through the night, has dwindled to a few embers that now glow a dull red in the huge fireplace.

Status: Agrippo: 33/52, Tibbius: -5/10, Iluq: 13/34, Tumbler: 24/39, Robert: 16/27; Fendt: 15/15
Effects: None

GreyWolfVT

#286 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt to Gertruda and Barnabus "Sorry my dear but we had to move his body. We did not mean to scare or gross you out. Unfortunately it is a part of war. To which we are at with Strahd. Barnabus I think that might be our only course those some are not wise enough to accept it. Though that is why we were going to burn the dead and carry ashes in something back to a proper burial place."
He then looks back at those whom doubt the dead can be turned on them "I speak not of Vorkath as a ghost but as a zombie. We already know Strahd has the means to reanimate the dead and turn them on folks. But apparently you have already forgotten that skirmish from earlier." Fendt then begins helping strip items off Vorkath except for his sword and armor. Putting them in a organized layout on the bed next to his body. Taking great care and respect for the dead. Iluq would you mind giving Vorkath his last rights. Issue a pray to usher him into the heavens if you would please. I know you are a elf of holiness, I find it fitting for you to give him his burial ceremony."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As everyone discusses the next move Iluq silent stood in the background, tears still staining his face as he quietly mumbled to himself. After what seems an eternity for him he unsteadily walks to the fallen form of his comrade in faith and kneels beside the bed, clasping his hands in prayer he looks at the paladin, mumbling to the paladin in a hushed tone that only those right beside him would hear, "I have failed you my friend... I was not strong enough, I should have helped you but I... I am sorry, you did not deserve this."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#288 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler helps Fendt along with the grim task. He also takes the body of Randolph Cat and lays him beside the large paladin. Seems fitting that they stick together. he says with tears in his eyes.

When Iluq breaks down Tumbler move over to put a hand on his shoulder. Its not yer fault, any of us could froze under that hell bitch. There is nothing more any of us coulda done..

GreyWolfVT

#289 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt still sorrowful and set to his grim task "Illuq it's not your fault. Any of us could have died a banshee is a terrible foe we are all lucky to even be alive. Or perhaps you can say we were being watched by the gods. Why the holiest of us fell I cannot say. Perhaps his god required him by his side. But do not take this weight on yourself it was not your doing. If anything blame Strahd. For he is the devil."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by MonkeyWrench »

At the mention of Strahd, Iluq rises to his feet, his face contorted into more fury and hatred than anyone had seen previously on the friendly and placating Dark Elf. He hefts one of his hammers and swings against the stone wall with all his might, hitting the wall with a very loud sound. He breathes heavily, speaking in a hushed tone but gradually getting louder, "Strahd... I will make him pay... He will be given no mercy, no quarter!" He then turns to the rest of the group, his dark elven eyes burning red, boldly calling out, "I will pike his head and burn his unholy remains myself!!!"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#291 Post by Cwreando »

Robert gets some rope and says, "We can lower his body down and any others that cannot safely use the ropes on their own. We should get moving and put some distance between us and the castle then burn the bodies and rest in a safer location. We can then take the ashes back for a proper burial at town and regroup. One of us should go down first then help the others as the get to the bottom while the other help lower some of you down."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#292 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt being on the same thought wave as Robert agrees as he finishes the task at hand and prepares for the next.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#293 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Iluq seems about to argue but looks at the rest of his companions, eyes lingering on the fallen forms of Vorkath and Randolph, Sighing deeply, "You are right... This is no place for them to rest. Let's get them somewhere proper."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#294 Post by Stirling »

"We have no time to dig a proper grave, either here or back in the town, remember the reluctance of the villagers to bury the burghers body. So what are we going to drag, drag Vorkath and the cat into the woods only to be dug up by some dire wolf. That's not fitting either. Better for him to rest in this room, It is untouched by Strahd so far and Gertrude has been here unmolested so I think the 'others', meaning the zombies and wraiths may refrain from these parts to. So save your rope and strength for pressing onwards."Agrippo will advise. He senses we are better of together in the castle than retreating to the woods. "Do we have healing spells and potions available for the injured amongst us? Trekking through the castle walls and woods will not give you time to meditate and prep spells either."

GreyWolfVT

#295 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt
being done with the castle and done with this argument walks away. He walks over to one of the villagers and whispers
"Take me to where your ropes are."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#296 Post by Zhym »

Time: 5:20 AM

Fendt respectfully inventories Vorkath’s possessions. He removes everything except the paladin’s sword and armor and lays them out on the bed. The items include Vorkath’s shield, three potions, a scroll of protection from magic, and a backpack and two belt pouches full of more mundane supplies.

Iluq blames himself for Vorkath’s death, but Tumbler and Fendt reassure him that there was nothing he could have done to prevent it.

You return to the discussion of what to do next. Robert wants take the bodies out of the castle, burn them, bury the ashes in town, and regroup. Fend and Iluq agree. Stirling argues that there is no time to dig a proper grave; he believes that Gertruda’s safety to this point means the bodies could be left where they are. “Save your rope and strength for pressing onwards,” he says.

Tumbler has yet to state his position. Tibbius is in no condition to share his opinion.

Fendt, tired of arguing, whispers a question to Barnabus. Barnabus points in the direction of the dusty dining room.
Stirling wrote:"Do we have healing spells and potions available for the injured amongst us?
One of Vorkath's potions is a healing potion. By my count, Iluq still has healing spells remaining (although I might have forgotten them being used).
Status: Agrippo: 33/52, Tibbius: -5/10, Iluq: 13/34, Tumbler: 24/39, Robert: 16/27; Fendt: 15/15

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#297 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Iluq has used no spells yet.

GreyWolfVT

#298 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt nods to Barnabus and heads off in that direction. He looks for the ropes and inspects that they are secure. Examines as best he can the landing at the other end as far as his infravision can show provided it is giving off a heat signature.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#299 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler walks over and tries to bring a little more life to the fire. If successful he will try to take a burning log or ember over to the bed and set it alight.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#300 Post by Zhym »

Time: 5:22 AM

Fendt heads off into the dining room as indicated by Barnabus. On the south wall, a large window hangs slightly open. Outside the window is a walkway and parapet. Poking his head out the window, Fendt sees a grappling hook on the parapet about 30’ to the west.

Tumbler walks over to the fire, hoping to bring a little more life to it. He sees no intact logs, and has nothing with which to pick up a burning ember without injuring himself. There is a woodpile and a well-polished poker to one side of the fireplace, however.

Tibbius remains unconscious, finally getting that rest he was hoping for.

Return to “Ravenloft”