5. A Surprise Party?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: 5. A Surprise Party?

#361 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Tibbius

I agree with Tumbler. Why would there be 2 secret doors if there wasn't something behind them?

I know that I can barely function in my weakened state, but I think we need to at least investigate it before moving on.

Zhym.....are there any other negative affects involved with a mage loosing his familiar or is it just the permanent hit point loss?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#362 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt "Very well. I'll do my best to be a front line man being more of the fighter I am than the magic user, provided that works for everyone." he checks over his equipment and prepares to head off into the unknown of the double secret doors.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#363 Post by Cwreando »

"Since we have rested perhaps we can heal up before we explore the area", Robert says.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#364 Post by Stirling »

"Okay with me, take the point Fendt, lets discover more of the secret passageway." Agrippo will follow in line behind the more sneaky fellows. Leaving the room he will turn and give a final salute back to the body of Vorkath, thinking that either we will return to stake him out or cremate him properly in the fireplace.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#365 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Iluq falls in line with the others, "Who needs healing? I can heal what I can before we go. Or we can wait until combat." His tone is no longer the friendly cleric that they know, since the death of their friend he is more hardened and rough.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#366 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Tibbius

Tib looks at the Drow with a blank stare. I am weakened to near death but please don't waste your heals on me. My life nears its end......I can sense it in this evil place. I will stay out of the fight for now if I can, and help when I may, but don't expect much from me unless you can somehow bring my Familiar back to life. I am not too weak to move on but I will be even more useless now in hand to hand combat.

Tibbius, once joyful and happy, seems completely distraught since the death of his precious cat. His desire to find and kill Strahd hasn't diminished, but he doesn't seem to like the partys chances without the mighty Paladin.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by Zhym »

Date: Nouluna 5, 1221
Time: 1:30 PM
Weather: Rain
Moon: Full

The spellcasters in the group begin their prayers, studies, and meditations. By mid-afternoon, Fendt has completed his arcane studies and Iluq has finished his prayers. Mercifully, you have not yet been disturbed.

Tibbius and Robert continue their studies and meditations—studies that will continue into the evening if they are to replenish all their spells.

Meanwhile, the rest of you plan your next move. Exploration of the area behind the secret door seems a natural course of action.

Iluq offers healing. Tibbius, heavily injured and weakened from the loss of his cat, takes time from his studies to respond morosely that the cleric should not waste healing spells on him.

It will take Tibbius 4.5 hours and Robert 6.5 hours to learn their new spells. That means Tibbius will be ready to go at 6:00 and Robert at 8:00 at night. What will everyone else be doing during this time?

Status: Agrippo: 33/52, Tibbius: 2/10, Iluq: 15/34, Tumbler: 24/39, Robert: 16/27; Fendt: 19/15
Effects: None

GreyWolfVT

#368 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt nothing apparently...... :roll:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#369 Post by MonkeyWrench »

If we are waiting for them...
Iluq spends his time praying further for his lost friends.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#370 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I guess we could have investigated the secret rooms more with out them but there is no saying what could get to them or us as we are separated...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#371 Post by OGRE MAGE »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I guess we could have investigated the secret rooms more with out them but there is no saying what could get to them or us as we are separated...
Good points!

That Banshee just appeared out of nowhere and dang near TPK'd us. Best to stay together in this place!

Looks like we could all use healing MW so go ahead and take your pick!

Are we waiting on anything else Zhym?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#372 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Agrippo: 33/52, Tibbius: 2/10, Iluq: 15/34, Tumbler: 24/39, Robert: 16/27; Fendt: 19/15
As the group waits and re-groups Iluq lays hands on both Tibbius and Agrippo, Muttering a prayer to his God.

Agrippo Tibbius

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#373 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Tib

Thank you my dark brother. I actually feel a bit better now. Tib puts his hand on Iluq's shoulder Keep your head up and you wits about you my friend. Maybe we will find others in this place that we can save from a fate that is surely worse than death.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by Zhym »

Maybe the DM was simulating the effect of waiting. :D

Continued here: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=3375

Return to “Ravenloft”