I. Entry

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: I. Entry

#321 Post by AleBelly »

Tavari will step aside to the right, allowing others to enter as he takes a shot at the centipedes.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#322 Post by dmw71 »

Still need action for Abe.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#323 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:Still need action for Abe.
Abelard tries to peer ahead, alerted to the presence of danger by Tavari's shot with his bow.

He gruffs, "Luken, why are you in the front while the big guy is behind me?" as he pushes forward into the room.

He won't advance towards anything hostile, but if anything comes at him, he will attack it.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#324 Post by dmw71 »

Tavari reacts quickly and enters the cavern, sliding to the right. He lets loose an arrow and nails one of the albino creatures; it curls up into a ball before falling motionless. With Abe basically pushing at Luken's back, the weakened fighter finds himself in the cavern with Abe moving to stand between him and Tavari at the entrance to the cavern.

Luken and witnesses one of the albino monstrosities circle around the standing puddle in the center of the room and the two prepare to engage off to the left. Tavari, having picked one of the initially spotted creatures off reveals a third, larger albino creature now exposed in the northeast corner. This larger centipede is twice the size of the others -- probably two feet long -- and it rushes at the halfling but is easily avoided.
C8.png
C8.png (6.15 KiB) Viewed 1122 times

Actions?
-- Project --
-- DM --

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#325 Post by AleBelly »

"Help!" squeals Tavari as he drops his bow, draws sword and shield, and hacks at the foul creature.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#326 Post by Alethan »

Hoping the water isn't dangerous, Abe rushes to his left and engages the creature attacking Luken.

He misses.

To Hit = 10

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by Starbeard »

Pardu, following Abe's lead, will rush into the pool of water and engage the centipede that is in combat with Tavari. Unfortunately, all he manages to do is splash lots of water about.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by onlyme »

Kerndodle will keep rear guard, to make sure nothing crawls near them while the others surround the centipedes. He will move into the room, (where Abe was) ready to help either group if room opens up.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#329 Post by spanningtree »

Luken will also rush into the water after witnessing one of the creatures avoiding it. If he can he'll sling his crossbow at the same time and draw his sword.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#330 Post by dmw71 »

"Help!" squeals Tavari as he drops his bow and draws sword and shield... just in time to fend off a biting attack from the large centipede slithering around by the halflings feet. Pardu rushes into the pool of water joins Tavari in the fray, but the pair are unable to rid themselves of the threat.

Luken and Abe have similar ideas and both rush into the water after witnessing one of the creatures avoiding it. While fighting for position, Luken narrowly misses getting bitten by the pesky creature. The fighter quickly slings his crossbow, draw his sword, and quickly puts an end to the threat with a single slice.

Kernodle advances into the room, ready to help out where needed, but remains in his position as the rear guard.
C8.png
C8.png (3.86 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
Actions?
-- Project --
-- DM --

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by AleBelly »

Tavari, hopping around to avoid the creature, horror and disgust on his face, hacks again at the bug.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#332 Post by Alethan »

Abelard moves around Luken and attacks the centipede that remains.
To Hit = 18
Damage = 1

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by Starbeard »

Pardu will continue moving past the little pool and try to engage the centipede from behind, blocking its retreat. As he swerves around the hideous creature, he will bring his flail back around and attack a second time.
LL Basic has no rules for flank/rear attacks, so I'm assuming I just roll per usual.
Attack roll: [1d20] = 13, damage roll: [1d6] = 1

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#334 Post by onlyme »

Kernodle will continue watching, with his sword at the ready.

"if" the creature goes toward him, he will attempt a chop.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#335 Post by spanningtree »

Luken will also try to jockey for a position to swipe at the bug with his sword.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#336 Post by dmw71 »

The menacing albino centipede attempts to bite at Tavari, but the nimble halfling is able to avoid the attack. After the near miss, he brings his blade down and severs the foe in half while the rest of the party scrambles to provide what turns out to be unnecessary aid.
C8.png
C8.png (8.52 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
Now that all known threats have been eliminated, the group finds itself in an oddly shaped cavern, approximately 30 feet in width, with a familiar standing puddle of water in its center which has proven to be harmless. Aside from the passage to the south, from which you entered, there's a passage on the western wall. Movement, and a whispered chatter in a strange tongue is heard echoing from down this exit to the west.

---

Experience Points
3 giant centipedes: +5xp (Each)
First successful encounter: +100xp (Pardu only)

---
Starbeard wrote:LL Basic has no rules for flank/rear attacks, so I'm assuming I just roll per usual.
I will adjust any rolls as needed. All I need from the player is their roll with any known adjustments (e.g. strength bonus, range, etc...)
-- Project --
-- DM --

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#337 Post by AleBelly »

"Whew!" exclaims Tavari. "That crawler got too close for my tastes. Speaking of which..." he pulls his wine skin from his pack and takes a healthy swig, offering it to others. "And where are my manners? Pardu, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance" as he bows deeply. "The more friends the better down here. Does anyone understand that strange chatter? Being a fisher halfling, I never had much occasion to learn new tongues. Although it would have been nice to talk the fish into my nets..." conscious that he is rambling again, Tavari ambles over to the centipede he hit with the arrow and is happy to find it salvageable.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#338 Post by Alethan »

Abe shakes his head, "No, I don't recognize it at all." After taking a look at the rest of the party, Abe nods at Pardu and says, "Pardu, you may serve us better being situated ahead of me and Luken. He is still weak from the last centipede nest we found and you're much better armoured (and likely skilled) than me."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by onlyme »

Kernodle listens but doesnt recognize the sound either.

Eh, it might be a voice I recognize, which means it is most likely trouble.

edit to correct text...

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by onlyme »

Kernodle listens a bit more, and nods...

yeah... definitely sounds like it might be one of them kobolds that lurk around places like this. Kinda surprised we aint seen any already.

Return to “Resurface (LL)”