Action Thread 20

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 20

#141 Post by rredmond »

Day 22 – Just about-Dawn Sortie -- 7:08 am

Made a PMing mistake, sent the PM to myself instead of Ethan... sigh. Hopefully I've rectified that at this point.

The elf, bow at the ready, sends two arrows to the group on the roof. The first shot goes high, and sails over the three goblins up there. But the second shot catches a goblin in the throat, sending him gurgling to the ground. It also sends the other goblin that was shooting at Till ducking for cover. Out of targets for the moment, Yosef sees a goblin appear for just a moment, as it flies up with a bunch of splinters.

The half-orc gets right under the trapdoor for a second try, with the human cleric a bit too close for comfort beneath her. Putting should to the trapdoor, and heaving, muscles straining, she bursts through it, sending bits of wood flying as the trapdoor bursts upward and asunder. The goblin standing on the trapdoor gets tossed up a foot or two before falling to the floor of the rooftop guard-post.

That leaves but two goblins on the top of the tower who are a lot quieter now. I will need an initiative roll, action calls, and any corresponding rolls for those actions.

HPs: Jeloon - 29/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 13/13; Bruard - 19/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: Nothing yet (long sword); Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till; 2- Yosef; 3- Jeloon; 4- Bruard UNDER THE WALKWAY: Eyman and Van; Ancor, Rosin, DAMs
Consumables: Lantern - (Bruard) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 50 minutes (Yosef), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#142 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:I will need an initiative roll..
Initiative [1d6] = 6
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#143 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon's momentum carries her into the room and she quickly pounces to her feet and collects her bearing. Spotting the two remaining goblins, she stares them down and, without a moment of hesitation, brandishes her blade as she begins to move in their direction. Unable to speak their tongue, she sees little choice but to eliminate the potential "threat."

+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5 [1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4
+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 4+2 = 6 [1d8+3] = 4+3 = 7
+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 10+2 = 12 [1d8+3] = 6+3 = 9
+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 16+2 = 18 [1d8+3] = 4+3 = 7
+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 19+2 = 21 [1d8+3] = 3+3 = 6
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by Argennian »

Yosef smiles excitedly when he picks off one of the tower goblins with his second shot. He laughs out loud when he sees his hearty half-orc fighter counterpart breech and send another one of the dirty little humanoids flying through the air with broken trapdoor. He can hear Bruard yelling up encouragements, and is reminded of when they cleared out and secured the Caves of Quasqueton together as fledgling adventurers and companions. The memories are all fond ones.
"The good times continue to roll, dear Dravic," he offers the soul of his long past magely companion and former human best friend.

Knowing that Jeloon and Bruard can easily finish off the remaining couple of dirty, soon-to-be-dead humanoid crybabies up on the tower, Yosef turns around and kneels down by the day shift leader he shot. He sets his bow and next arrow down beside him and begins giving the dead goblin a proper once-over. Already knowing both his arrows are broken and won't be recoverable, the fighter/mage concentrates on looking for things like keys and any other interesting trinkets.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#145 Post by ToniXX »

If Bruard can get through the trap door behind Jeloon, AND attack any still-standing gobbies, he will. If not, disregard this roll:

Mace to-hit [1d20] = 14 damage (sm/m) [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by rredmond »

Day 22 – Just about-Dawn Sortie -- 7:09 am

The elf smiling at the utter destruction of the goblins takes a peek at the crumpled goblin below him. The goblin is outfitted like the others, short sword, crossbow, 20 bolts, and a pouch with 2gp and 5sp. He shakes his head at the meager haul.

The half-orc explodes on to the rooftop. After a second of hesitation, both goblins stare at her (one from the ground) and steel their resolve (likely due to the fact that they see no escape than bravery) and charge at her with swords. Prepared for the onslaught though she makes some poor strikes, not able to hit the foremost goblin. This allows the goblin an inside attack, which it cannot capitalize on, missing terribly. Her next strike finishes it off, then her next quick two strikes finish the second goblin, just getting up off the ground, in a snicker-snack of blood and gore.

It's at this point that Bruard jumps up with mace at the ready to attack. He just shakes his head and smiles in a "this again" kind of way, at the rapidly expanding pools of red on the floor of the tower top.

Till, meanwhile, is still over the edge of the wall.

HPs: Jeloon - 35/35; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 13/13; Bruard - 19/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: Nothing yet (long sword); Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till; 2- Yosef; 3- Jeloon; 4- Bruard UNDER THE WALKWAY: Eyman and Van; Ancor, Rosin, DAMs
Consumables: Lantern - (Bruard) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 50 minutes (Yosef), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Argennian »

Yosef frowns when all he finds is the meager coin. He had hoped there would be a key to the inner compound, or perhaps something else of special import. "Stupid, dirty and cheap bastards," he curses under his breath.

Seeing no further sign of Till, the elf quickly pockets the coin purse and proceeds to roll the dirty little humanoid off the same side of the elevated walkway where Van and Eyman await, along with any of his weapons or gear he dropped. Once the deceased goblin goes thud/splat/whatever, Yosef leans over the edge and gives their two loyal henchmen a quick smile and salute and also a signal to remain at the bottom of the rope quietly until further notice.

The fighter/mage then proceeds to pick up his bow and loose arrow and double-time it back to the tower to meet back up with Jeloon and Bruard. He will take up a position in the shadows of the open double doors, ready his bow and arrow again, and train his sights on the walkway before calling up to his two mates above. "Any of the dirty bastards have a key on them?"

OOC: Ron, wanted to confirm how light it is now. Assuming still twilight but can we determine how long before the sun will peek over the horizon?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by rredmond »

Sun has definitely started to slowly peek, and it's becoming lighter. Dawn means lots of shadows thrown though too.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#149 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Sun has definitely started to slowly peek, and it's becoming lighter. Dawn means lots of shadows thrown though too.
Braaaaaains.... brAAAAAAIIIIIINNNNnnnnsssss...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”