Chpt. 5 - Race for the Runestaff

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chpt. 5 - Race for the Runestaff

#221 Post by AleBelly »

Raquinel-in-Flint will use her glove to continue to encourage the three-headed hermaphrodite giants to attack the blue horned monster with a head hanging from its belt.

I'm reasonably certain that's the first time that sentence has been written in the history of the English language. 8-)

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#222 Post by doughx99 »

Idwillen will again fire his sling.
Idwillen's Short Sling Cast (THACO: 20) [1d20+2] = 6+2 = 8, S/M Damage [1d4+2] = 4+2 = 6, L Damage [1d4+2] = 4+2 = 6

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#223 Post by Marcel »

Poltux-in-Shen, disgusted with this body's performance, stomps away from the battle to the back with the others. On the way he tries to whack one of the blue snakes floating about.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#224 Post by greyarea »

Shen-in-Bjorn

Shen tries to finish off the baddie.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by Grognardsw »

Mirror Mirror - Round Eight

The hermaphrodite giants keep hammering the monster of Chaos (12 HP damage total) as the insect swarm disperses.

Poltux-in-Shen moves to join the others in the back of the room. He swipes his axe at a passing snake, but it darts past the blade. Idwellin-in-Andover unleashes another sling stone but it arcs too far left and strikes a giant in the back of its middle head. Shen-in-Bjorn follows up again with his magic mace but it gets fouled up amongst the many-limbed giants.

Bjorn-in-Ianin darts in, landing a solid punch with the fist bearing the Ring of Shocking Grasp. It unleashes a violent shock that fries the monster! (critical, 24 HP damage)

The ring itself smokes a bit. The monster falls back dead, then disappears. The blue glowing snakes disappear. The giants likewise vanish. The adventurers are suddenly alone in the quiet room.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#226 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn looks up to the ceiling "Come on durned flash I want me own body back! Damn it where is the damned flash that fixed us a'fore!"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ianin, mind controlling Raquinel's body, looks around the room. "I don't know about you all but I don't have a problem being stuck in my new form for a bit more Hahaha. I see my Ring has done it's work for you, whoever is in my body that is. I will need my knives though..."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Zhym »

"You'd feel differently if you'd gotten stuck in the half-orc," Andover-in-Poltux tells Ianin-in-Raquinel.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ianin-In-Raquinel, "Hahahahaha!! I guess I would."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#230 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"You'd feel differently if you were a shorter folk stuck in a tall folk's body to. Same in the opposite I'd assume as well. Shen how's me mace if that is you in me body."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#231 Post by Marcel »

"grrgghh," growls Poltux-in-Shen.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by tkrexx »

Is that creature contained within the monocle? Flint via Honnilee scrambles over to his own body, controlled now by Raquinel.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by tkrexx »

Poor Durandal, Honnilee via Idwillen grieves for the Priest aloud. We failed him.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#234 Post by greyarea »

Shen-in-Bjorn

Perhaps the gods didn't intend for us to save, Durandal. I'm sorry for his death, but our goal is loftier and our lives are in service to Law. Let us see if this room has a clue as to the whereabouts of the Runestaff.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by tkrexx »

Where is the child? Flint turns Honnilee's head and peers about. Raquinel, you said there was a child with Durandal.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by AleBelly »

"I was wondering about the child myself" muses Raquinel-in-Flint. "However, I think we need to reverse this…" choosing her words carefully..."curse as soon as possible. The fighters among us are struggling in their new bodies and Ianin's getting far too comfortable in mine. I've suggested going back to the other room with mirrors in it, and I repeat it. There is mention of a curse written on it, after all. Durandal's gone, we can do nothing for him. Let's look after ourselves to get back to full strength in our own bodies then continue to pursue the Runestaff."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by Grognardsw »

The Fellowship of Law ponders new bodies and paths to take. Glass crunches underfoot as another search for secret doors is made behind all the broken mirrors. No hidden exits are found. The floor area of the monster battle is examined. Blood stains, many dead bugs, a four-headed flail, giant shield, Durandal head, a pouch of small polished stones, and a stoppered jug are found. Apparently if the creature of Chaos was wisked away to the red misty cavern, its belongings did not go with it.

Outside of the chamber, the hallway goes north and south.

Maps

GreyWolfVT

#238 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn "Shall we venture North some more?"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#239 Post by Zhym »

Andover is willing to go back to the other mirrored room. Anything to get his mind out of the half-Orc body.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ianin, his mind circling throughout Raquinel in ways that would make the dark gods blush, shrugs. I Suppose she is right, Maybe it is time to see if the puzzle room can help us.

Return to “War is Hell - Palace of the Silver Princess”