Chpt. 5 - Race for the Runestaff

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chpt. 5 - Race for the Runestaff

#241 Post by greyarea »

Shen-in-Bjorn

Shen picks up the pouch of small polished stones and stoppered jug, examining both.

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#242 Post by Marcel »

Poltux-in-Shen makes an effort to lift the giant flail, then the shield.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by tkrexx »

The eyepiece, Flint via Honnilee scampers over to his own body, knowing Raquinel resides within. Let me see the eyepiece! This isn't right!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by tkrexx »

Well, Honnilee via Idwillen decides, I might not be able to sneak up on anyone, or climb a wall, but this body sure is good at bashing things!

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by Grognardsw »

The adventurers discuss returning to the Art Emporium in the Tower of Roses in hopes that those mirrors may return minds to their proper bodies.

Shen-in-Bjorn investigates the pouch of polished stones and jug. He is delighted to find the latter full of pink liquid that looks just like the powerful healing drink found in the Hall of Pools! In the pouch are 11 very small stones in various shades and shapes.

Poltux-in-Shen lifts the monster's flail and then shield. Heavy they are and impractical to wield. Flint-in-Honnilee retrieves his eyepatch and glove from Raquinel-in-Flint. He believes something is amiss.

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#246 Post by doughx99 »

Idwiilen in Andover Did anyone see which way that creature came from,he yelled something about us not getting the staff maybe he has it hidden

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by tkrexx »

He didn't say the staff in particular, the body of Idwillen raises a finger to make Honnilee's point, highlighting the Halfling's uncanny, if surprising, attention to detail. He just said we will not have IT. We all assumed he meant the Staff in the shock of the moment, but he could have meant this flail, or poor Durandal's head, for all we know.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by tkrexx »

The flail, the shield, should have made the journey with the demon, the Hobbit seems to be pinching pouches right out in the open. Donning the crystal eyepatch, Flint via Honnilee is focused on the final disposition of this most formidable enemy.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by AleBelly »

"We need to return to the Art Emporium or the great room where our last curses were reversed. We're weakened in the bodies of others and need to return to full strength as I'm sure we will only face stronger foes" states Raquinel-in-Ianin firmly.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#250 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn "We got lucky consider it a blessing we are even alive. Andy any way we can track where that thing came from? Also Ianin didn't you say in your out of body spirit travel you saw Dur with a young boy?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ianin-in-Raquinel, "hm? Why yes, yes I did. I am pretty sure the boy is either the staff or connected to the staff through magical means. We should find it-him soon."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#252 Post by Marcel »

Poltux-in-Shen throws down the monster armaments in disgust.

"I do not remember which way the monster came from," he answers Idwellin-in-Andover. "But let us move on."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by Grognardsw »

The Fellowship of Law decides to leave the Chamber of Mirrors. Out in the hallway, Andover-in-Poltux still retains his ranger abilities, and can make out signs that the monster came from the north.

Many in the party favor south, to return to the Tower of Roses to seek out the Art Emporium's mirrors.

Actions?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ianin will follow the group south since the majority seems to be headed in that direction.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by Zhym »

Andover in Poltux: "We must find the runestaff with all due haste, but we can't battle enemies in this state. Removing this curse must be our first priority. I do not know if the art emporium's mirrors will work, but it is worth a try."

GreyWolfVT

#256 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn "Finally someone on the same page as me I'd like to find the staff and be done with this place I'm done trying to seek anything but the staff. Honestly I see no point and going backwards it is wiser to follow the trail."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ianin-in-Raquinel, "I'll be honest with you all... I've completely forgotten why we are getting this staff in the first place, I've been just going with the flow for a bit now." He uses Raquinels womanly face to give everyone a smile.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by AleBelly »

"The boy with Durandal is but a distraction as well. With no concrete leads towards the staff's location, let's take a few minutes to return to the Emporium and see if those mirrors reverse the curse. If not, let's head to the location that DID reverse the earlier curse."

Raquinel-in-Ianin makes ready to leave the room and head towards the Emporium.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ianin-in-Raquinel
Raquinel-in-Ianin
Whatever will Bjorn say! Oh my! :lol: ;)

GreyWolfVT

#260 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn "Did you forget that Durandal was teleported to the staff. Also how could you forget the staff can help us end the war of law and chaos."

Return to “War is Hell - Palace of the Silver Princess”