Face of Cowardice, Mark of Courage (Villian arc)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Face of Cowardice, Mark of Courage (Villian arc)

#121 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Welcome! Hopefully you see some fun carnage through the security cameras! Unfortunately Genocide is on a low rolling streak right now, hopefully that fixes itself soon. But Hot Streak and Vorpal are having a grand time!
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Rukellian »

*click click click*
*static feed*
*click click*

One by one, the cameras of the modern world start to move on their own, guided by the hands of someone or something else. The coffee shop's front entrance whirs to life as it scans the peripherial area of the street. Nothing of interest save the tumbling of paper and trash on the ground. *click* The bank of Atlas City Industrial hums to life, showing an influx of late night patrons. A robbery appears to be underway, no one is stopping them. You see three night guards sprawled over the floor, dead and drenched in blood.*click click* The television overlooking a wrecked bar scene blinks to life, a small eye in a triangle appearing in the lower left corner of the screen. A fight is going down, the wicked display of what appears to be a super tearing some poor techies apart, beating them with their own limbs. The sounds of maniacal laughter and screams of pain can be heard.

Phones can be found in each of the locations listed.... does the mysterious observer continue to flip through the channels?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#123 Post by atpollard »

Rukellian wrote:The television overlooking a wrecked bar scene blinks to life, a small eye in a triangle appearing in the lower left corner of the screen. A fight is going down, the wicked display of what appears to be a super tearing some poor techies apart, beating them with their own limbs. The sounds of maniacal laughter and screams of pain can be heard.

Phones can be found in each of the locations listed.... does the mysterious observer continue to flip through the channels?
Cowboy (The Eye)
"Cool" ... At the speed of light, Google Earth identifies the name and location of the bar, the computer in the Atlas Phone Company queries the number for every public, private and business phone located near that address and pings the GPS on every mobile phone within 1000 feet of the bar. In some telemarketing office, an underutilized computer receives a file and begins to call every number on that file.

In the bar, the phone rings. If there is more than one phone in the bar, they all begin to ring. Every cell phone in the vicinity begins to ring. Then someone picks up a phone ...

... the Telemarketing computer transfers the connection to another line that is routed through multiple automated relay stations ... and to Cowboy's liquid crystal cyberdeck. "Game On!"

(So who answers the phone?)
I am pretty sure that I still have some data to fill in on the character sheet, but given Cowboy's power, most of it can probably wait, so I will add data as needed and I reread the Chargen topics.
Last edited by atpollard on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Rukellian »

A bunch of wounded and mentally defeated ASF officers are heard rushing up a hallway in the back of the bar. They abruptly stop when they hear the violence and screams in the room right next to them. One of the officers, still armed, slowly rounds the corner to get a better view of what is going on. He jumps a bit when the phone mounted on the wall rings near him. Not wanting it to gather any attention, he quickly picks it up and brings it to his ear, motioning those behind him to close up on him and prepare to move out. This all happens in the corner of the room, farthest away from LG, so he doesn't hear their approach or the phone in time while he is busy playing with the techies.

----

Meanwhile, back at the warehouse, Hot Streak and Vorpal clean up the trash and finish the wounded super they encountered. Some ASF officers manage to slip past them during the chaos and make their way back to the bar area for a tactical withdrawal. A lot of Vorpal's men were taken down during the skirmish, but you still have about 30 or so henchmen remaining, most of them are badly wounded though. Even now, you can see them breaking up the medical crates, dessiminating the supplies in a surprisingly orderly fashion.

Vorpal walks up to the Hot Streak and just shakes his head as he looks at the mess of bodies and bullet ridden items. "They really messed up my place, damn them! At least we were able to take most of them out. How you holding up? Those bullets knick you bad?"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#125 Post by atpollard »

Rukellian wrote:A bunch of wounded and mentally defeated ASF officers are heard rushing up a hallway in the back of the bar. They abruptly stop when they hear the violence and screams in the room right next to them. One of the officers, still armed, slowly rounds the corner to get a better view of what is going on. He jumps a bit when the phone mounted on the wall rings near him. Not wanting it to gather any attention, he quickly picks it up and brings it to his ear, motioning those behind him to close up on him and prepare to move out. This all happens in the corner of the room, farthest away from LG, so he doesn't hear their approach or the phone in time while he is busy playing with the techies.
Cowboy (The Eye)
It happens in the blink of an eye. Cowboy is standing in a hall holding a phone in his hand. (Just like in a video game), he thinks. Actually not really, he is all sweaty, (yuck, this body armor is hot). But this is still way cooler than the games. He is all amped up on adrenaline, and all these strange memories and skills pour into his mind. (Hey, I know how to kill a man with my bare hands.)

Suddenly aware of the men staring at him, seeing their uniforms triggers a foreign memory (I am a f*ckin ASF thug, just like these a*sh*les).

The officer frowns, then smiles, then whispers "We charge on three, it's payback time." He lowers the phone, leaving it off the hook. Counting silently on his fingers (one) (two) (three) "Go! Go! Go!" He rushes into the room, waving the others to follow, weapon drawn.
He allows the others to pass him, waving them on, then stops to just watch.
Last edited by atpollard on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#126 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rukellian wrote:Meanwhile, back at the warehouse, Hot Streak and Vorpal clean up the trash and finish the wounded super they encountered. Some ASF officers manage to slip past them during the chaos and make their way back to the bar area for a tactical withdrawal. A lot of Vorpal's men were taken down during the skirmish, but you still have about 30 or so henchmen remaining, most of them are badly wounded though. Even now, you can see them breaking up the medical crates, dessiminating the supplies in a surprisingly orderly fashion.

Vorpal walks up to the Hot Streak and just shakes his head as he looks at the mess of bodies and bullet ridden items. "They really messed up my place, damn them! At least we were able to take most of them out. How you holding up? Those bullets knick you bad?"
Hot Streak "Eh I took a bit of damage myself but, we should ensure the entire place is sweeped but it looks as if we should relocate soon. I'll take a hit of something from a medical crate before I go check the bar. Care to join me or would you rather direct your men?" Hot Streak walks over to a medical crate and helps mend himself before going off to ensure the bar area is cleared up of ASF and other unwanted lawkeepers.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rukellian wrote:A bunch of wounded and mentally defeated ASF officers are heard rushing up a hallway in the back of the bar. They abruptly stop when they hear the violence and screams in the room right next to them. One of the officers, still armed, slowly rounds the corner to get a better view of what is going on. He jumps a bit when the phone mounted on the wall rings near him. Not wanting it to gather any attention, he quickly picks it up and brings it to his ear, motioning those behind him to close up on him and prepare to move out. This all happens in the corner of the room, farthest away from LG, so he doesn't hear their approach or the phone in time while he is busy playing with the techies.
atpollard wrote:William (Cowboy)
It happens in the blink of an eye. Cowboy is standing in a hall holding a phone in his hand. (Just like in a video game), he thinks. Actually not really, he is all sweaty, (yuck, this body armor is hot). But this is still way cooler than the games. He is all amped up on adrenaline, and all these strange memories and skills pour into his mind. (Hey, I know how to kill a man with my bare hands.)

Suddenly aware of the men staring at him, seeing their uniforms triggers a foreign memory (I am a f*ckin ASF thug, just like these a*sh*les).

The officer frowns, then smiles, then whispers "We charge on three, it's payback time." He lowers the phone, leaving it off the hook. Counting silently on his fingers (one) (two) (three) "Go! Go! Go!" He rushes into the room, waving the others to follow, weapon drawn.
He allows the others to pass him, waving them on, then stops to just watch.
As Genocide just finishes up playing with the techies some more ASF soldiers storm into the room, Genocide smiles such a sickening smile at their entrance as the torn bodies litter the ground around him, "More men to play? Why, It must be christmas! Hahahahahaha" As the laughters echoes through the hallway Genocide super speeds to the men, launching to the side in hopes of dodging any bullets before setting into the group of men.

Fast Attack 30, Damage 130: Initiative: [1d100+10] = 7+10 = 17, To-Hit: [1d100] = 24, [1d100] = 23, [1d100] = 86
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#128 Post by atpollard »

Cowboy (The Eye)
Startled at the speed of the strange guy, Cowboy attempts to jump back.
Since everything seems to want a percent roll, here is mine to be used for whatever might require it ...
[1d100] = 21
I don't think that was very good.
Maybe those poor rolls are contagious, or maybe it has something to do with the location. :)

On a personal note, I just try to post something in every game, every day ... and it has been 2 days since I posted.
(not 'hating' on the ref, just explaining why I posted today.)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Rukellian »

atpollard wrote:Cowboy (The Eye)
Startled at the speed of the strange guy, Cowboy attempts to jump back.
Since everything seems to want a percent roll, here is mine to be used for whatever might require it ...
[1d100] = 21
I don't think that was very good.
Maybe those poor rolls are contagious, or maybe it has something to do with the location. :)

On a personal note, I just try to post something in every game, every day ... and it has been 2 days since I posted.
(not 'hating' on the ref, just explaining why I posted today.)
Noted. I will try to keep the villian side of this campaign on a regular posting rate. Though admittedly, you will find me a bit slow at times, considering that sometimes I sleep through my free time to prepare myself for 3rd shift hours. Just as a forewarning.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
Rukellian wrote:Meanwhile, back at the warehouse, Hot Streak and Vorpal clean up the trash and finish the wounded super they encountered. Some ASF officers manage to slip past them during the chaos and make their way back to the bar area for a tactical withdrawal. A lot of Vorpal's men were taken down during the skirmish, but you still have about 30 or so henchmen remaining, most of them are badly wounded though. Even now, you can see them breaking up the medical crates, dessiminating the supplies in a surprisingly orderly fashion.

Hot Streak "Eh I took a bit of damage myself but, we should ensure the entire place is sweeped but it looks as if we should relocate soon. I'll take a hit of something from a medical crate before I go check the bar. Care to join me or would you rather direct your men?" Hot Streak walks over to a medical crate and helps mend himself before going off to ensure the bar area is cleared up of ASF and other unwanted lawkeepers.
"Got it. I'm going to need to do a quick head count and reconsolidate our resources before moving out, that will take some time. I'm... not good with numbers. Meet you topside when I'm finished with my work down here." And with that, Vorpal leaves to do exactly what he said he'd do. He asks out loud if there is a calculator laying about somewhere. Some of the thugs look confused as he asks.

Helping yourself to one of the medical crates that were opened, you find the medicines and healing devices inside more than you can ask for. Chiron Pharmaceuticals has really outdone themselves with the civilian care packages. Using one of the healing devices, you push a blue button and find that a small drone pops out and hovers over all of your bullet wounds. With the quick precision of laser, it pops out the submerged bullets, stitches the openings and then sprays the areas with a green mist. The scars vanish and you feel slightly rejuvenated after the process is finished. All damage is restored, your at full health.

Turning his attention to the the bar, Hot Streak starts to speed towards that direction...

-----

Laughing Genocide goes to town with the weakened ASF officers, taking three down in his first volley of attacks. (normally, the first two rolls would have been failed attacks, but I applied a -2 row shift on them to reflect their weakened state) Despite your success in dropping three of the six officers firing upon you, you still recieve quite a bit of damage from the combined assault (60 points worth). LG notices that one of the officers is hanging back in the corridor away from the others. For some reason, there is a twisted smile on the mans face.

Hot Streak will encounter the lone officer in the next set of actions.

GreyWolfVT

#131 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak before he bursts off with a blast of super speed he will grab 2 more of the healing drone packs then head to the bar area of the not so secret hideout.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Genocide steps back a bit with the onslaught, feeling pained but relishing in the mutilation. He decides to take a different approach and cloaks himself before super speeding to another angle out of their gun fire and then pouncing on the remaining men left.

Chameleon 20: [1d100] = 75

Fast Attack 30, Damage 130: Initiative: [1d100+10] = 69+10 = 79, To-Hit: [1d100] = 64, [1d100] = 38, [1d100] = 87

Hoping that killed all of them, if not save this next part, if so then add it in after he rips the three remaining men to pieces.

Genocide, bloodied, standing among broken bodies and torn limbs, stares at the man that hung back. Genocide stares off to the side, "What about him? What do you mean different?" He stares at the man again, thinking, "I dont know... He seems just as breakable as these toys here... Fine, I will ask him." Genocide begins to walk up to the man, a twisted smile placed on his face.

"Now who do we have here?
A soldier come to cheer?
Although you smile and leer instead,
Are you friend or snack?
is your heart oh so black?
Let me pull it out and see, Hehehehe"

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#133 Post by atpollard »

Cowboy (The Eye)
That was absolutely friggin' incredible!
Looking down at the gun in his hands, Hey, I didn't get to shoot anyone. D@mn.
Hey, there's a bank robbery up the street, can we go there and kill someone ... but I get to shoot someone.
MonkeyWrench wrote:Genocide begins to walk up to the man, a twisted smile placed on his face.

"Now who do we have here?
A soldier come to cheer?
Although you smile and leer instead,
Are you friend or snack?
is your heart oh so black?
Let me pull it out and see, Hehehehe"
Dude, that is so whacked. But I kinda like it.

Repeating out loud ... "Now who do we have here?
A soldier come to cheer?" ... So, like, who the heck am I, right? a smile, Well I am sure not some friggin' ASF meat-pupet ... that's too long, I need a better word ... Ha! I got it, muppet ... meat plus puppet is muppet.

Standing tall and proud, I am the king of the world. He smiles and points at the TV screen with the eye in a triangle symbol ... At least, I am king of the cyber-world, and with the ascendancy of technology, they are practically the same thing.

So let's see, where were we ... "Although you smile and leer instead,
Are you friend or snack?
is your heart oh so black?" ... Friend or snack? Neither, I guess. Bored. I was bored and you were interesting, so I borrowed the muppet he smiles and came to play. That was so cool. Can you tech me to do that? ... I wonder what would happen if I borrowed your body? I wonder if I would be able to do that cool stuff too.

"Let me pull it out and see, Hehehehe" ... A pointless waste of time. All you would do is really piss me off and I would feel obligated to make your life a living hell. ... We are The Eye, we are everywhere and we see all.

So, if we aren't going to go shoot somebody, then ... what the f#ck are you?
Last edited by atpollard on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Genocide walks closer to the man, staring at him as he talks to himself and breaks down Genocides mad banter. As the man finishes saying "what the f#ck are you?" Genocide looks at the tv and clicks his tongue, giving a short sigh, still looking the man over in a curious way.

"I get what you mean, he is different. Killer robot maybe?

Yeah but he pointed to the tv, this isn't really him, just some dude he is controlling... No, I don't know if we kill him we kill the one controlling him... No, I don't know what the eye is, Sounds French... Why wouldn't I know what the french are up to? Lousy cowards. They don't even make good popping noises when I tear their arms... Fine, I'll answer him since he's waiting."

After what seems to be an internal dialogue is cut short Genocide once again looks at the man and not all over him, his eyes twisted with madness and his grin full of malevolence.

"What am I? Well... That is a bit tricky! For now let us just say I am a creature born by man built to kill man and then failed to be stopped by man Hahaha." Genocide takes a couple steps back, gives a bow in a very formal fashion and proudly says, "My existence is EX100334502-EFR, I was named Victor by the woman that freed me, and those I meet call me the Laughing Genocide! But you? You may simply call me Genocide." His constant maddening laughter echoes throughout the hallway of the bar. Bodies still broken and torn, laying throughout the rooms and hallway.

GreyWolfVT

#135 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak while headed off to the hideout bar area stops for a moment and pauses. Slaps his forehead and cranks up the tunes. Thinking damn I'm losing my touch almost forgot my tunes. Then makes sure to send the feed through whatever there is for sound in this place.
The following plays over whatever overhead speakers are still working.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLN1OB3_wG8

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Rukellian »

Your initiative won and all the attacks finished them off. (when you only have to roll d100s, it makes my job a lot easier, and in turn, the battle recaps short sweet and to the point. But don't worry, when combat becomes more in-depth, I will provide better combat recaps.)

The Cowboy and Laughing Genocide meet. Words are exchanged, and it seems as if they could get along, but for how long? As the 'Muppet' suggests a bank robbery raid, the loud speakers in the room start to blare out a tune for all to hear. Hot Streak makes his appearance, timing the music perfectly as walks in with an evil swagger of his own. He stands right behind the 'Muppet' and stares at the bloody mess on the ground, then up at LG, then towards the Cowboy with a look of astonishment on his face.

GreyWolfVT

#137 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak "Well this will be a mess to clean up. Ah so you made it here just fine good to see the idiot hero did not kill you. I see you are still good at your hobby LG. Who's the new guy?"

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#138 Post by atpollard »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Hot Streak "Well this will be a mess to clean up. Ah so you made it here just fine good to see the idiot hero did not kill you. I see you are still good at your hobby LG. Who's the new guy?"
Smile ... I am the worthless meat puppet currently doing the every bidding of the all-powerful, yet bored, master of the cyber-universe ... the all-seeing, all-present ... The Eye. ... bow.

So what's the deal, you two woke up this morning and decided 'I really, really hate that bar, so I think that I will go and trash the place and pull the appendages off of everyone in there' ... Is that what this is about?
Quick question for the ref ... We never really discussed it, but can Cowboy use his Hacker skill while in another body? Cowboy wants to fact check LG's story and I was wondering if he could start now or needed to wait until I was back home.

... To Ref and players, Cowboy is a typical teen with a chip on his shoulder and an emotional roller coaster ... but he is still just learning about his powers and still needs to find a cause or arch-enemy. I have some ideas of what I can do as a super-villain, but still need something or someone to point it at. ;)

GreyWolfVT

#139 Post by GreyWolfVT »

To Cowboy I know a great hero that deserves more enemies calls himself Raven ;)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Rukellian »

Quick question for the ref ... We never really discussed it, but can Cowboy use his Hacker skill while in another body?
The way I saw it worked out was that it was a toggled ability strictly between the user and the target. If the user of the power wanted to switch to another body, he'd have to transfer himself back to his original form using a form of electronic communication (telephone, computer, ATM, ect.), all before jacking the next target. Make sense?

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”