Face of Cowardice, Mark of Courage (Villian arc)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Face of Cowardice, Mark of Courage (Villian arc)

#1 Post by Rukellian »

atlas city inside view 2.jpg
atlas city inside view 2.jpg (49.19 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6AbSImGu4A This song plays as the scene is set, the theme of your entrance into Atlas City.

The room you and Vorpal stand in hums with a red glow of energy as you can feel the air around you tingle with static electricity. You have your equipment with you, as does Vorpal, but the last thing that Symbiosis said before he threw the switch still has you pissed off. "Oh, by the way, you are both going to be teleported into different sections of the city. When you two get arrested, I wouldn't want to lose both of you at once, now would I? Distract them long enough for me to send over my army, it will take a couple of days." You didn't have enough time to even throw out a backlash statement. As your mouth opened and Sym's face twisted into a smile, a flash of light hits you.

There is darkness for a bit, and sounds of something going on. As you finally come to, you find yourself standing on top of a building, overlooking a section of the city. In the distance you can see the sparkling jewel of the city, the main business district. Right below you and all around is the industrial district. The streets are filled with trash and grime, shady people are found going in and out of buildings, sometimes carrying weapons with them, others too busy hauling objects around, most likely stolen goods. This feels like your kind of area, its shame that you feel sick to your stomach; Symbiosis certainly didn't mention anything about that.

The sounds from earlier are close by. Heading over to the buildings ledge, you can see a gathering of people in a dark alleyway. There is a burning trashcan and a person standing on top of a box, speaking to the group with his arms raised. You have no idea who these guys are and cannot get a good look at them due to the poor lighting. Looking up towards the sky, you notice that there is overcast in the sky, or is factory smoke? Maybe both.

Actions and rolls if needed. Have at it!
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Face of Cowardice, Mark of Courage (Villian arc)

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake listens to the man/thing on the box. have at what? now I have to kill Sym for being a d#$@head.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rukellian »

Laying close to the ground on the rooftop, you peer over the edge and listen more closely to the speech being made:

"...and the skies will rain green fire and the ground will bear the seeds of our evolution!
"The prophet has spoken and the time draws near! Drink deep the ambrosia of the gods and embrace the new future.
"The city, no... THE WORLD will be ours for the taking, for we shall be greater than normal men, greater than supers, we will become ascended beings! Ichthios!"

"ICHTHIOS!!!" The group shouts in response. The rallying speech creates a stir amongst the members, making them shout and raise their makeshift weapons. You notice that their complexions vary in severity, but it all stems from the same source, Ichnorite. You've noticed the same complexion when looking at Symbiosis and you cannot help but wonder if they are somehow connected to him. They look like a bunch of fanatical thugs, a cult hyped up on propaganda, drugs no doubt, mechanical augmentation and.... this ambrosia of the gods.

The robed figure on the box steps down, arms still raised. He nods approvingly to those before him and then sweeps his arms, telling them to scatter.
atlas city street gang.jpg
atlas city street gang.jpg (638.49 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bah I was hoping it was the council those guys are more up my alley.

Blake a bit perplexed that there are more similar to Sym or maybe related to Sym's creations running about the city already. He then sets out to find some more military looking folks. "Remember everything is a nemesis plot." he says sarcastically smiles then sets off.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rukellian »

I will get back to you on this tomorrow. I apologize for not posting today, kind of a got a late start on the computer and I have to leave for work soon. Know that I won't be able to literally put the council into my campaign. That would risk copyright infringement or something along those lines and I don't want to get caught up in that sort of mess, though I do have an idea for something....

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rukellian »

Still on the rooftop, Hot Streak takes another look around his surroundings, this time peering farther out into the distance. In one direction lies a massive junkyard of sorts, a wasted part of a city that never quite got cleaned up, turned into a landfill too you think. The skies hanging over it are dense and colored brown.

In another direction, you see the industrial district extend some miles aways, featuring similiar housing and factories around each corner. You do not see any signs of a military installation from this vantage point, but your sure you can find a security force within the shining part of the city... the one filled with supers who wouldn't hesitate in attempting your arrest.

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake will set off into the industrial district. Perhaps in search of a better vantage point like maybe a large billboard on a roof or something. Who knows maybe he'll locate Vorpal.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rukellian »

Hot Streak ventures further into the industrial district, taking note of all of the new faces and potential enemies along they. You marvel at the open acts of villiany taking place here, the lack of control, and yet, the very prominant control of evil in this area; it's as if you find yourself playing the popular video game City of Villians again! You smile at the thought for the world has definitely taken on its visage, more so than it realizes.

It is during your super speeding of the area on the rooftops that you come across an interesting sight. You see a bloodied man running away, screaming frantically as barrels down an alleyway. Taking a closer look, you notice it is one of those street gang members you encountered earlier, but without his gun or groupmates. His screams and frantic stammerings echo in the alley as he tries to find cover, from what though? He seems to answer your unspoken question all the same as he hysterically sobs to himself. "T-t-the laughing.... *screams* keep him away from me! It's the Laughing Genocide...." Wait a moment, the laughing what? Is that the name of some villian around here? Interesting....

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake launches a flame blast at the fleeing gang member. "Fear you are a weak and pathetic worm."

Flame Blast if needed [1d100] = 57

After if the gang member is aflame he will wait and watch for this laughing genocide. "I fear nothing. Lets meet this laughing genocide." :twisted:

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by MonkeyWrench »

We meet again! :twisted:

As Hot streak waits for this mystery thing the faint sound of laughter can be heard, reverberating off the alley walls in the narrow area he is in. After a moment it fades out and a voice speaks, the words still not showing where this person in...

"I spy with my little eye
another tasty morsel, this one quite sly.
As I sit here, staring, I ponder...
Just where do you come from I wonder?
What do I call this tasty snack?
Tell me, before I Attack!"

After the last word is said that faint laughter can be heard again, a deeply crazed giggle...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Oh god someone really let you play both sides :roll: :roll:

Hot Streak just grins sinisterly "Your song is a bit off but I won't hold that against you." then hot streak flares up a great flame wall around himself. "I am the bringer of flame. Unlike the cowardly punk there I don't wet myself in fear."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Well, Ruke was in need of a proper villain 8-) ;)
My main goal of course is to kill my better half! :lol: :twisted:

The laughter grows from an insane giggle to an outright laugh before subsiding, that same twisted rhyming coming out again.

"How delightful! The bringer of flame!
unlike that bringer of shame!
So tell me, oh great flame bringer,
What brings you to this dreadful ringer?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak "Well I have been setting a plan in motion for some time now. To form an army of vile villains to kill the lame supers. I have a fellow follower here in the city already joining my cause. I've also already got a super I've been tormenting called Raven. What of you do you enjoy killing supers? or just generally killing anything that walks in front of you?"

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by MonkeyWrench »

The laughter begins to die out until the alley way is again silent. It stays like this for only a moment until a figure seems to meld out of the wall, suddenly coming into view. His body losing what transparency it seemed to have and finally giving Hot streak a first look at the man he had been talking to.

The most noticeable is the violet hair, the wide and pearly white smile, and the unnerving yellow eyes of the man which seem to peer directly in the dark alley, almost giving them a glow. His body is somewhat tall and lithe with toned muscle, like that of a marathon runner, he wears what looks like hospital scrubs with a jacket over it, covered in blood and probably pilfered from the gang members friends, his hands are covered in blood as if he doesn't use a weapon, preferring to kill with his bare hands.

He gives hot streak a wide smile, something seeming extremely off about it. His eyes portray some kind of deep madness as he searches the entirety of the Bringer of flame, this lasts only a short moment before he speaks up again.

Army to kill the supers?
I am interested in these troopers,
I hear they are great party poopers! Haha!
Your plan indeed seems fun!
So count me in when you run!

Again that maniacal laughter starts up again, this time though the source is obvious...

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak "If you run into a mutant with a sword for an arm that is the man whom has already joined me. He is called Vorpal and he and you might have a bit in common with the brutality in your methods. I on the other hand enjoy things with fire and explosions. We unfortunately were dooped by a green man with robotic legs called Symboisis I though I had recruited him but he appears to have his own designs. He's a mad scientist that plays god. His ego has made him less of a man with our vision and more of a tyrant that is begging to get to big for his ego. The plan is to put him down unfortunately he teleported myself and Vorpal into the city. I know not where either of them are at this time. Eventually we shall need to setup a base of our own. But for now I have more recruiting to do." he then super speeds off into a direction hard to tell by the blur of his movements.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Genocide shrugs his shoulders and laughs, this time laughing loudly for all to hear.

The game is set!
Time to place my bet!
How fun this game shall be!
I cant wait to see,
Just who the winners will be! Hahaha!"

With that he blends into the surrounding area and heads into the city in search for his supposed team mate, Vorpal. If the search takes too long or becomes too boring then the city may find more people missing just like that gang....

He is basically out looking for Vorpal since that was the only thing that Hot Streak told him. He will also probably kill more gang members or really anyone that decides to walk alone tonight.

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak's mission right now is to look for Vorpal and recruit more villains as they will be needed when Vorpal and Hot Streak turn the tables on Symboisis. We're sick of the insane scientists plans and are trying to plan a revolt as well as kill all supers and watch the world burn as we rule it. :twisted:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Hot Streak's mission right now is to look for Vorpal and recruit more villains as they will be needed when Vorpal and Hot Streak turn the tables on Symboisis. We're sick of the insane scientists plans and are trying to plan a revolt as well as kill all supers and watch the world burn as we rule it. :twisted:
So, how do you plan on going about this. Search aimlessly throughout the streets and hopefully find him? Put your ear to the streets and get info (or interrogate) on various happenings, happenings that Vorpal might be involved in? Or did you just want to do your own thing for now and hope that you bump into Vorpal in the process? And if its the latter, what exactly is Hot Streak's version of "doing his own thing"?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Genocide shrugs his shoulders and laughs, this time laughing loudly for all to hear.

The game is set!
Time to place my bet!
How fun this game shall be!
I cant wait to see,
Just who the winners will be! Hahaha!"

With that he blends into the surrounding area and heads into the city in search for his supposed team mate, Vorpal. If the search takes too long or becomes too boring then the city may find more people missing just like that gang....

He is basically out looking for Vorpal since that was the only thing that Hot Streak told him. He will also probably kill more gang members or really anyone that decides to walk alone tonight.
Okay, which way are you heading? There is the industrial district, which you are currently in, the massive junkyard in the distance, a decent superspeed away, or the main section of the city, the sparkling jewel of the Atlas City, also the home to all supers who call themselves good and champions of justice.

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rukellian wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Hot Streak's mission right now is to look for Vorpal and recruit more villains as they will be needed when Vorpal and Hot Streak turn the tables on Symboisis. We're sick of the insane scientists plans and are trying to plan a revolt as well as kill all supers and watch the world burn as we rule it. :twisted:
So, how do you plan on going about this. Search aimlessly throughout the streets and hopefully find him? Put your ear to the streets and get info (or interrogate) on various happenings, happenings that Vorpal might be involved in? Or did you just want to do your own thing for now and hope that you bump into Vorpal in the process? And if its the latter, what exactly is Hot Streak's version of "doing his own thing"?
Simple I know Vorpal's work shouldn't be terribly hard just follow the carnage. ;)

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”