Face of Cowardice, Mark of Courage (Villian arc)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Face of Cowardice, Mark of Courage (Villian arc)

#141 Post by MonkeyWrench »

GreyWolfVT wrote:To Cowboy I know a great hero that deserves more enemies calls himself Raven ;)
lol, I see how it is GW.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#142 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well you know.... he does not have nearly enough nemesis's' just yet MW ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As the two exchange greetings Genocide picks up one of the severed arms laying out, using blood to smear on the wall "Laughing Genocide was here hehe" He then turns to Hot Streak and extends the bloody severed arm to him, giggling and saying,

"I was playing with that man
I think he said he name was stan!
His powers however, needed a new plan,
So I came here to take a stand!
and see if you needed a hand! Hehehe"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#144 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot streak
rolls his eyes at LG and his annoying riddling. "Well met then there Cowboy." Hot streak sends a jet of flame at the severed body parts in LG's hands "No legs have I to dance, No lungs have I to breathe, No life have I to live or die And yet I do all three." he smiles and chuckles.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As the limb is aflamed Genocide drops it, letting the fire burn the skin, sending a burnt skin smell throughout the hallway. He simply laughs and walks past the two men to talk amongst themselves some more, deciding that for the moment at least they are not going to die by him. He strolls on, his mad laughter echoing as he searches the place for more fun.

GreyWolfVT

#146 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak turns as LG walks by "Oh LG there might be more to kill down below. I'm sure Vorpal would appreciate your skills if you wish to join him." he then turns back to converse with the new guy.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Then that is where Genocide shall go! Murder, Murder, Murder, Murder!!

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#148 Post by atpollard »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Hot Streak ... then turns back to converse with the new guy.
Cowboy (The Eye)
Watching as LG walks away, "A very unique individual."

Turning his full attention towards Hot Streak "That was very impressive. Things have been pretty much the same old same old around here. I suspect that things are about to get much more interesting in the near future."

The muppet rights an overturned table and places his gun in the middle of the table. He then grabs a chair, with less blood on it, kicks a human leg out of the way, and places the chair near the table, facing towards Hot Streak and a view of the door. He sits down, places his feet on the table, folds his hands behind his head and pops his back. "So you two, or three depending on what a 'vorpal' is, have brought all this, whatever this is, to our back yard. While we enjoyed the show, we generally don't like surprises. We survive by remaining hidden in the shadows for the most part. This" he gestures around the room "is not low profile."

He places his feet back on the floor and leans forward, "So why are you here and what are your intentions? ... so we can plan accordingly."
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

GreyWolfVT

#149 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak super speeds to the other side of Cowboy taps his shoulder and smiles "Ah well you see why we are here is a long story but to put it short Vorpal and myself both of us mutants were teleported by another villain to two random locations here in this city. Against our own will but with no means to prevent it. We used to work for him. But have had plans of our own long before meeting the man known as Symboisis. Our designs are fairly simple kill supers and any do gooders and watch as the world burns." he shoots a bit of flame out of a pyropack jet from the opposite hand not facing anyone to add emphasis to his watch the world burn statement then continues on with the story. "Vorpal and I did not intend for this strike it was a surprise to us though I suspect we brought it on our selves when we hit the supply truck that was headed here for the civilians. I only just met LG and yes I agree with your assessment of him. We are working to gather any and all villains that wish to take down the heroes and are fellow agents of chaos. Would you be along those lines with your own plans Cowboy?"

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#150 Post by atpollard »

“I had not thought so far ahead” he closes his eyes. “For so very long, we have struggled to merely survive.”

Speaking to himself, more than Hot Streak, thinking out loud … as if encountering new ideas for the first time … “In ages past, the strong took what they wanted from the weak … and the pawns were powerless on the chess board … then came the modern age, with machines. Machines of life and machines of war and machines of change … and the power shifted to those less deserving. At least the strong man ruled by virtue of his own strength … both of his sword and his will … his power to command others. These modern men, these so called self-made men, they rule by the power of their gold … but not really their gold. How few actually do anything great. How many merely take by the power of their father’s gold, their grandfather’s gold.”

His eyes open “We are no longer in the modern age. The real power is not in the machine. It has returned to the mind and body of the individual.” Pointing at Hot Streak “You … and I … We are the living proof of the end of modern man and the return to the older order of things.”

He stands and hurls the table in an explosive fit of rage. “ENOUGH! We have hidden in the shadows for too long. I was blind, but my eyes are now open … my mind is open to the truth! I will open the eyes of the others … Be afraid world, be very afraid … The old order of things is passing away and, behold all things are being made new!”

Turning to stare at Hot Streak “The time has come for the beast to awaken. The world is ours. We shall become more than man … more than machine … we shall ascend! And we will reclaim our ancient birthright … the right of the strong to sweep aside the objections of the weak.”

He smiles “The fools think that their wealth gives them power and keeps them safe. We will show them their error. Cyberspace is where the real power and wealth is found … and we own cyberspace. Their tools are ours to command. We shall destroy anyone who would sustain this unnatural power system.”

Speaking directly to Hot Streak now: “We are The Eye. We will assist you. Our resources are vast, possibly infinite. What are your immediate needs?”

GreyWolfVT

#151 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak smiles all too sinisterly "Glad to have another join the cause. Lets see if we cannot find out how the ASF found our place and take the fight back to them. I am sure The Eye can handle some hacking and tracing to figure out exactly how they tracked us. I already have my suspicions but lets find out. I suspect a local ASF base will be destroyed before the day is over." he stops looks at Cowboy "Go do what you do best. You might not find us here when you have finished but I suspect you can connect with me through my smart phone. Do as you must."

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#152 Post by atpollard »

The muppet walks over and picks up the dangling phone. In a moment, this muppet will go from being a tool to being a liability ... I trust that you will clean up this last loose end ... so this is WAR.
He holds the phone to his ear and ... the ASF officer wakes up staring at Hot Streak and Cowboy wakes up in his shipping container-home.

After a quick meal and some exercise for stiff muscles, he gets to work on two fronts.
A message to his cyber-minions calls for an all out effort to hack into Poseidon Electronics and Rook Industries and dump all of their files and secrets into a Torrent scattered around the globe for the hacker world to read and use.
Cowboy will personally call the local ASF station using a disposable cell phone and take control of the operator who answers ... [marginal success].
[1d100] = 41

Does he/she have access to police records?
What technician has access to police records?
Who is in charge of the station?
Last edited by atpollard on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT

#153 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak hearing those last words takes his phone back and torches the ASF officer. Setting him ablaze.

Init[1d100 +6] = 87+6 = 93
Fire Attack [1d100] = 93

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by Rukellian »

Ah yes... the dialogues to come. :D I admit, I missed seeing such interactions between players. I actually sat back as well with my arms folded behind my head, enjoying the reading session at my computer. Such good feels... Anyways, back to the game.

With the cowboy returning to his digital playground, Hot Streak takes care of business in the bar. The ASF officer was weakened to begin with, and with your excellent rolls, he didn't stand much of a chance to do anything really. As the embers in the room start to die down, Hot Streak thinks he can hear the sound of heavy footsteps coming towards the bar entrance. It doesn't sound fast, but you get the feeling that maybe...

-----

LG is met with a mixture of fear, confusion, and chaos as he enters the wrecked warehouse. Vorpal is quick to calm his remaining men down, but tells them to group up behind him. He knows all too well how insane Laughing Genocide is and does not want to take any chances. "You missed the party! Though, if I know my buddy Hot Streak right, we are about crash another one, interested?" Vorpal says this in a cautiously defensive tone, not quite sure where this conversation will take him.

-----

Give me some time to update Cowboy's side of the arc. I have to take a refresher course in internet language, and.... Hmmm, this might turn out interesting. :lol:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#155 Post by GreyWolfVT »

:lol: see I told you a lot more fun when I have other Real People to interact with ;)

Hot Streak
not caring much to find out who or what the foot falls are from speeds off to catch up with Vorpal and LG. "Ah well I see you have met once again fellas. Lets make sure this level is clear of unwanted law keepers and heroes before we go any further." he looks back to LG and says "Don't worry about the Cowboy. He has I suspect gone back to his true body and is working on a task for our cause of ridding the city and world of heroes." back to Vorpal quickly "We have another who has joined our cause Vorpal."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Right after Vorpal invites him and Hot Streak comes rushing in, Genocide giggles that insane giggle again and stares at the two villains and each of the remaining gang members, earning himself more than a couple fearful looks,

"A party with me?
Fighting just us three?
How interesting and fun!
Seeing those we meet run."

He seems to abruptly stop his mad rhyming for a moment, staring directly at both Hot Streak and Vorpal, "If killing and maiming, tearing limbs off of the toys we find watching as their blood creates a river... if that is the plan, count me in" With that Genocide gives them a wide and twisted smile, his maddening eyes glinting with glee at the future prospect of dismembering those he meets.

Before it is all over however Genocide seems to remember something, "Ah! I should call home, let them know how I am, catch up with the mrs and all that. There's a no fun super still here, play with him while I am gone yes? Save some for me though! Hahah!" With that Genocide casually takes a phone from his blood soaked clothes and begins dialing a number, walking away and cloaking at the same time, after a moment the mad laughter stop echoing throughout the room.

Calling Cersei, updating her on everything, including the new hacker villain. Asks for any information on the ASF in this city, people or supers listed as working there and if any locations are listed somewhere. Also asks about any remaining mutants and failed experiments left at the place, they might be a fun time if deployed at the locations.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by Rukellian »

atpollard wrote:The muppet walks over and picks up the dangling phone. In a moment, this muppet will go from being a tool to being a liability ... I trust that you will clean up this last loose end ... so this is WAR.
He holds the phone to his ear and ... the ASF officer wakes up staring at Hot Streak and Cowboy wakes up in his shipping container-home.

After a quick meal and some exercise for stiff muscles, he gets to work on two fronts.
A message to his cyber-minions calls for an all out effort to hack into Poseidon Electronics and Rook Industries and dump all of their files and secrets into a Torrent scattered around the globe for the hacker world to read and use.
Cowboy will personally call the local ASF station using a disposable cell phone and take control of the operator who answers ... [marginal success].
[1d100] = 41

Does he/she have access to police records?
What technician has access to police records?
Who is in charge of the station?
After going through the normal physical upkeep routine, he straps on a head set that covers the entire upper hemisphere of his head. There are wires hooked up in the back of the device that flow out onto the floor and connect into the computer tower before him. Cracking his fingers and getting himself comfy in his seat, Cowboy launches his mind into the virtual world of the internet. Looking to crack open two major corporations in the most secure place on earth, he knows that an army of his kind will be necessary; what better place to find such a group than Voodoo's V-Station? Entering the four universal passcodes, he gains easy entry into the virtual club room.

This music plays in the clubroom. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fz85FE0KtQ

The room is lit with psychedelic colors and designs, shifting between lightshows and holographic backdrops. Heavy music pounds in the air as groups of people in virtual avatars are found dancing all around the room, drinking virtual beverages, and experiencing other pleasures, virtual but very real to the user... A common scene found on the interenet these days. Forums have evolved over the years to what you see before you, a virtual reality chat room. These rooms are filled with people who have V-ware Headsets, external comlinks that hook up neural brainwaves onto a program, which is then used to help people 'dive' into the internet. All five senses are intact and can be disabled using many security features in place. Diving has become activity for millions of users around the world, but has its risks, naturally.

These virtual chatrooms, or V-Stations, are hotspots for hackers. The Cowboy walks into Voodoo's V-Station in his avatar, and is instantly recognized. He is a bit of celebrity in these parts and many people respect his username, and what sort of work has been done behind it. The Cowboy, usually quick to soak in the praise and attention, cuts it short as he calls for a meeting. The room fills with excited whispers and murmurings as they all know what a meeting entails.

Poseidon Electronics, Rook Industries, those two names was all he needed to say. The room explodes with activity as music ramps up to keep up with the excitement. A flood of private chat requests appears before Cowboy's avatar hud, but he is quick to single out a select few. He picks out the top names, the elites of the underground organization known as The Eye. Their messages are brief and to the point, very professional. "You found a way inside?" "Show us. The usual place." The Cowboy smiles as he tilts his hat forward and walks to the usual spot, away from the prying eyes of the avatars around him.

The meeting itself takes place in a small, dimly lit room. Three individuals sit before Cowboy, still in their avatars, but formalities are dropped as they engage in their conversation. He shows the three his ticket into Atlas City's security wall. They all whistle in astonishment and approval. "Custom job huh? Nice!" "You always seem to pull through with the juiciest of heists, but this one may be your biggest one yet. I'm getting excited just thinking about it." "Keep your pants on SlipStreak! *lols*" The latter person turns to Cowboy and says with great confidence: "Once we get that wicked piece of work into the proper hands, we can coordinate our strike groups and go in for the kill, at your ready of course."

Leaving the chat room with smile on his face, the Cowboy leaves feeling confident in his handiwork thus far. He has amassed his army and is arming them with the necessary weapons through reliable channels. This sort of work will take care of itself, but the next part in his plan, this will take a more 'hands on' approach. Using a disposable cell phone, he calls the local ASF station. A friendly female voice picks up on the other end and goes through the standard introductory phrase and questions. Further conversation reveals that she is the dispatcher for the station. The dispatcher would have access to police records for that station. The Police Commissioner or Police Chief of Atlas City is well-known and can easily be looked up. The Police Chief runs all of the ASF stations throughout the vast island city, but each precinct has its own Commissioner which answers to the chief. The Cowboy is currently phoning the Industrial Sector ASF Station and its commanding commissioner is currently Mace McKay.

I apologize if you were expecting some serious computer language in there... it just wasn't going to fly. I did have some ideas though, so I went with it. If you do not agree with anything that I just typed, feel free to tear it apart as you see fit, to fit it into your own style of writing and all that.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Right after Vorpal invites him and Hot Streak comes rushing in, Genocide giggles that insane giggle again and stares at the two villains and each of the remaining gang members, earning himself more than a couple fearful looks,

"A party with me?
Fighting just us three?
How interesting and fun!
Seeing those we meet run."

He seems to abruptly stop his mad rhyming for a moment, staring directly at both Hot Streak and Vorpal, "If killing and maiming, tearing limbs off of the toys we find watching as their blood creates a river... if that is the plan, count me in" With that Genocide gives them a wide and twisted smile, his maddening eyes glinting with glee at the future prospect of dismembering those he meets.

Before it is all over however Genocide seems to remember something, "Ah! I should call home, let them know how I am, catch up with the mrs and all that. There's a no fun super still here, play with him while I am gone yes? Save some for me though! Hahah!" With that Genocide casually takes a phone from his blood soaked clothes and begins dialing a number, walking away and cloaking at the same time, after a moment the mad laughter stop echoing throughout the room.

Calling Cersei, updating her on everything, including the new hacker villain. Asks for any information on the ASF in this city, people or supers listed as working there and if any locations are listed somewhere. Also asks about any remaining mutants and failed experiments left at the place, they might be a fun time if deployed at the locations.
Cersei coos back into the phone and reassures LG that everything is under control at the facility. "Oh its sooo good to hear from you again Victor! Have you had your fill on the topside? No, you don't have to say anything, I know... the news channel has been very explicit about your latest exploits. Your an artist, you know that? Never satisfied with the what the works you produce, always striving towards something much grander.... oh the things I could do to you if you were right here, right now." LG surmises that Cersei has grown a bit lonely in the complex and her feelings for him have only grown in his absence.

"A Cowboy? I don't see anyone by that name in our listings here. Sorry darling, but we did find some more of your fellow experiments in the lower levels. Quite the lively bunch, let me tell you! There is this one guy, that can turn any line that he sees into a snake, for real! He had this fixation of strangling his opponents with said snakes until they were just to the point of suffocating, then he would release them and start all over again. Apparently he loves seeing the pain their eyes as he slowly squeezes the life out of them, sort of reminds me of a certain someone I know..." She laughs over the phone and whispers sweet nothings into LG's ears.

"I'm no hacker darling, but I will see what I can do with digging up that info that you wanted. Promise! By the way, I just let a few of the mutants and experiments loose, set them in the direction of Atlas City, and let them have at it. Hope you don't mind if they aren't collared, they tend to work best unrestricted anyways. Do call back again soon Victor! I miss you and I will keep my eyes open for more of your artwork on the news."

-----

While LG is on the phone with his sweety, Hot Streak and Vorpal can hear the loud sounds of stuff being thrown around upstairs, the shouts of a very angry man. The steps grow louder as the man seems to draw closer to the warehouse.

Actions?

GreyWolfVT

#159 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak "Vorpal get the remainder of your men into a good position to fire upon anyone who comes down the stairs. If this guys is a tank like you it might be best to have you hiding around the stairs out of sight ready to strike, unless you want to stand in the middle ground with me firing at the man with that nice rifle you took from Sym. I'll launch a fire attack on him from a concealed position there is no telling what we are facing but I have a gut feeling it is more than an ASF lacky. LG when you are done on the phone do what you do best on whatever comes down the stairs." Hot Streak gets into position a map would be sweet but I'll go with my imagination ;) in a semi concealed space closer to the stairs ready to launch a flame assault upon whatever comes down the stairs.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Genocide finishes the phone conversation, telling her they she won't be waiting long for that request and he will check in again soon with some more fun information. With that done Genocide laughs at the approaching sound of a very angry man,

"Hahahah!
It seems the man did not like my surprise!
Lets make this a fun little exercise!
We shall kill another Hero! We can bit and chew...

With that Genocide stops for a moment thinking before resuming his mad rhyme
"You should be careful you two,
Make him mad and he may turn Blue! Hahaha!!"

Afterwards Genocide Cloaks and his mad laughter fades. as he makes his way somewhere else, likely to ambush the person coming in.

Loved the dialogue Ruke, I honestly didn't have any kind of personality set up for his contact but you did an awesome job :lol:

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”