OOC Randomness

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC Randomness

#21 Post by GreyWolfVT »

hmmm typo on my end. :o :shock: :?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#22 Post by Baramoor »

Woundwort (Scientific Name: Stachys palustris) Other names: Clown's woundwort, downy woundwort, marsh woundwort.
Appearance: Woundwort has rough slender green stalks, up to two feet high, bearing long and narrow dark green leaves covered with fine hairs. The leaves are pointed, with jagged edges. The flowers of woundwort are large and purplish red, with white spots. The roots are long and stringy, with small tubers growing among them. The plant has a strong, acrid smell.
Location: Woundwort grows in or near ditches, or by the sides of paths and in fields. The marsh woundwort, identical in healing properties, grows in marshy areas. The plant flowers in mid-summer.
Uses: This herb is very effective as an immediate treatment for all wounds, especially deep cuts such as those produced from sword thrusts. Woundwort is a remarkable stypic, staunching bleeding almost immediately and quickening coagulation of blood to form scabs. To use it, bind enough fresh leaves up against the wound to form a dressing, or steep the leaves in hot water and apply them as a poultice.
Game Effect: If applied immediately (within 2 rounds), to an injury, woundwort will stop bleeding and prevent further weakness from blood loss. The wounded character will immediately regain 20% (round down) of the hit points he would have lost from the damage of the injury, reflecting the blood loss that "never took place".
Precautions: While woundwort will always stop bleeding and benefit its user as described above, dwarves will sometimes suffer adverse reaction to it. If it is used on a dwarven character, he has a 25% chance of being blinded for 1-6 rounds.

This came from Best of Dragon, Volume IV, pgs 68-71
Last edited by Baramoor on Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If it is not true, do not speak it. If it is not right, do not do it. Marcus Aurelius

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#23 Post by Baramoor »

Aaron's Rod (scientific name:Verbascum thapsiforme) Other names: Great Mullen, King's Candle, Candlestick Plant
Appearance: Aaron's rod has many large, pale, silvery green leaes that feel like soft felt. These leaves surround a thick, tapered stalk of large flowers and smaller leaves, which growns to four or five feet in height. According to tradition, this prominent spike of flowers was dipped in suet and then burned as a ceremonial candle. The flowers are bright yellow, bearing five petals each. Aaron's rod has a long, white, wood-like root.
Location: Aaron's rod grows in rocky or clay soil, most often on sunny slopes, cliff faces, and terrain such as that found along roads. The flowers appear in mid-summer.
Uses: Aaron's rod is useful as a pain-killer. At least five flowers should be crushed and mixed with water or, better still wine.
Game Effect: Since pain itself can weaken an injured victim, this herb will restore 1-4 hit points immediately. These hit points will be lost again, however, in two hours when the pain-killer wears off. Aaron's rod can only restore hit points once every 2 hours; multiple applications before the first application has worn off are not cumulative in effect.
Precautions: If a character uses this pain-killer to help him get back on his feet and fight again while still heavily wounded, he will lose an additional 1-4 points when the solution wears off because he has aggravated his injuries in the meantime. Also, if used more than 3 times a day for 3 days the person using the substance to treat pain has a 50% chance of becoming addicted to it
Last edited by Baramoor on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it is not true, do not speak it. If it is not right, do not do it. Marcus Aurelius

GreyWolfVT

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I also have to give Baramoor and doughx99 a magic item for their character. I also have not gotten anything into the chapter 1 section yet either. Been kinda slacking off on this stuff this weekend.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

GreyWolfVT

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

well unfortunately I have heard nothing from NJWilliams or Todd so therefore I will just move them to the waitlist so we can just continue on the introduction part and we shall move onto the first chapter once everyone is done drilling the only traveler that you found not going in the same direction as you. ;)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#26 Post by OGRE MAGE »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Salmoneus "If you want a toga then I'm your man."
:lol:

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Baramoor wrote:
MonkeyWrench wrote:So I cannot teleport, kill everything, and then have the group enter the town while my character sits on a throne of bones while wearing some kind of weird S&M outfit?

Well then...
No worries, we know you keep this on your mantle in hopes of one day sitting a throne of bonesImage
Hahahahahahaah That is wonderful
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by MonkeyWrench »

lol, we're really going to be fighting robin hood and his band of merry men aren't we...

Ohhh boy :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

possibly guess the druid thinks they are worthless.

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#30 Post by Baramoor »

If the paladin wants to "speak for the party", it likely won't happen with Doric at this moment. We just met, Druids are loners who don't wait for the opinions and directions of others unless they've been with a group for some time and there was never a mention of leaders at any point. We are moving along as a group, but are still able to make decisions and speak as individuals. If Doric is slain in the process....so be it.

I'm a bit surprised that birds; which, usually are intensely aware of their surroundings and have such keen eyesight for movement as to acquire their meal, were completely unable to spot over a half dozen individuals in ambush. Between this game and the other, I am getting the inclination I may move on and my actions are going to be more class/alignment based till I decide otherwise. I am not going to push/pull anyone into any defined course of action...we all have free will, but I am also getting a little annoyed.

If anyone (player or DM) wishes me to depart, or want to take on the characters as a second/NPC, let me know and there isn't going to be any "hard feelings" as I await how things are going to unfold in both games. Till then, I will continue to play as I think the character would appropriately play, doing my best to support the group and stay alive as well...and yes, I am aware that a Druid is openly confronting a band of individuals in a day where superstition runs rampant, displays of power are uncommon and the workings of deities are uncertain. In the end, as I said, if it works...good, if it doesn't...I call a final curse and see what happens mayhap this evolution will go down in one of my books as "ooops, shouldn't have done that plan while flustered" decisions.

GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

it was pointed out that I gave someone a much more powerful magical item than I had originally intended who has the cane of evocation? I will need to nerf that down a bit to be a lesser cane with only 3 gems 2 are cracked and unusable there is the one that casts magic missile at the normal rate for the level of the magic user using the item. I can cast the magic missiles 2 times a day. The cane also does not do the following
The second power of the walking stick is the ability to temporarily boost the level of the wielder when casting spells. The item can boost the level of the magic-user by up to 10 levels per day. This boost in level can be taken when casting a single spell, or any number of spells as long as the total level boost per day does not exceed 10. This power is summoned by pressing a ring of concentric circles etched into the end of the handle of the walking stick while concentrating on the size of level boost required. The power manifests in one segment and appears as a lens of faintly blue energy positioned in front of the caster, with the lens having one concentric ring per level of boosting. When the wielder casts the spell, the spell energy is focused through the lens, the lens flaring a stronger blue as it adds its' own energy to the spell. If a spell is not cast within a round of activation then the 'lens' vanishes and the level boost is not used up. The wielder can activate the booster lens and cast a spell in the same melee round.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Baramoor, no one is saying anything like that, at least not that I can tell. You are playing your character just fine. As for the birds I like to just go along with whatever, using the sage old advice of GM Fiat. He has a reason for making these guys not known until now and that is good enough for me.

And now let the hidden assassin be the beacon of goodwill and save the group, because that isn't going to bite everyone in the ass later on... much... :lol: 8-) :twisted:

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by ybn1197 »

At least he is not hopping up and down on one leg begging them for their bread. :D

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by MonkeyWrench »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder what will happen to Alanis and the bread gang down in the tunnels.

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by doughx99 »

I did think it was a very powerful item. So I will change it to magic missile twice a day.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#36 Post by OGRE MAGE »

That's not going to bode well for his poll vote. :lol:

GreyWolfVT

#37 Post by GreyWolfVT »

sorry for my lapse of posting been since since about 4 days ago was in the ER friday and been resting all weekend. Just starting to finally feem normalish today. I'm also sorry for not thinking through things better with the magic items or the encounters and sorry that I might have made a player leave because I did not want the encounter discovered.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by MonkeyWrench »

It's all good man, hope you're recovering well.

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#39 Post by Baramoor »

Ok, looks like we may have some new allies. I'm going to pull Doric back as he is out of spells and the ones he has cast should be dropping by now. Secondly, I can't tell lies or evil intent and would rather a class that is "leadership bound" and "tactically inclined" (i.e. Paladins/Fighters) take the lead and let me slip back in recovering/study mode till we engage this "Leader of uncommon charisma". I would say we rest the night, study up and make plans of attack, but require their party to split some.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by MonkeyWrench »

What time of day is it? unless we are getting to the end of the day I would rather at least scout the town itself before resting, making sure that the bandits aren't keeping the place under lock and key and patrolling the area.

Return to “A Village With No Name [Sandbox] (2e AD&D)”