4- The Irlingstar Ancestral Helm Quest

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 4- The Irlingstar Ancestral Helm Quest

#321 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Mage

Not happy to be underground Tella will find herself a place to study and rest. She will take the time to inspect the book that was recovered in the gargoyle room to see what it contains.

When Ganon comes to visit: Several folks take you into their ranks and you try to craftily loot one of their dead, in front of them. She will say with a shrug. I think you failed to make an impression... By the way, these are friends that I have been through thick and thin with. If you wish to remain with us I would go and sort the issue out with them before the wound gets to deep.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#322 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Ganon listens to Tella sound advice. "Thank you Tella, I know what I need to do." He leaves Tella letting her get back to her reading. Ganon goes to the kitchen's and seeks out "mother". He would like to purchase a small travel sized keg of Dwarven Ale.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#323 Post by ybn1197 »

Cormack nods at Glimble's words.
I know that I can be intolerant of others, but I do try to give them a chance, But first he was quite disrespectful to the king and then to loot a fallen comrade... I'm surprised he involved himself in the battle at all.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#324 Post by ylinett »

"I think we need to discuss going our separate ways."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#325 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Mage

OCC: Updating Tella's spells, I assume she got some rest.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#326 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ylinett wrote:"I think we need to discuss going our separate ways."
Who is talking here?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#327 Post by ylinett »

Thorax to Glimble and Cormack re: Ganon.

GreyWolfVT

#328 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sorry wasn't sure since you hadn't posted a character name. Made me have to look back.

Glimble converses more with Cormack and Thorax
"Let us not be too hasty being two of us are of holy power we are taught to turn the other cheek but perhaps we have to just keep a very close eye on him and guard his actions if he wishes to remain with us."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#329 Post by ylinett »

"Gond maybe, Clangeddin no. He wrongs us again and I will shake him by the boot until he is penniless and send him on his way."

GreyWolfVT

#330 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble
"Actually Gond says that actions count. So Ganon's actions have spoke for the man himself. Intentions are one thing, but it is the result that is most important. But it is less clear as to how Gond suggests we deal with those whose actions speak badly of the person."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#331 Post by Darkmane »

While Kurnick, Glimble, and Thorax are talking, Kurnick looks at Thorax and says, "You've been a great group to fight with, and I thank you most Thorax for rekindling the fire in me heart, when I was down and out in the human city! However, I think I want to live here with Korin and these dwarves. I can right a wrong I did years ago and battle for a cause of my people. It' because of this that I'm gonna say goodbye brother! I hope you all come back and visit when we have this mine working again!" His eyes seem a bit misty, he is sad to leave Thorax, but happy to have found a real home.

Meanwhile, Ganon finds mother, and she does something that is completely unexpected to him. She hugs him, and gives it to him freely, thanking him for his help. This is the chance they were looing for!

Finally, Tella reads the book, skiming through it. I'll PM you with a list of the spells you find.

*I'll give you guys a bit more time to interact around this stealing issue before the convo with Korin.*

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#332 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Ganon stands there not knowing what do and feeling quite awkward as "mother" embraces him. It has been many years since he has felt such a comforting and warm embrace. The last time he feel such embrace was right before his mother became ill and passed away, leaving him to fend for himself as his brother and sisters had left months earlier when the debt collectors took all the family had. The embrace brought back memories of joy and great sorrow. Finding it difficult to speak Ganon manages to thank mother. "Ah, your welcome and thank you for the ah..., ale."
He leaves the kitchen and goes in search of Cormack. After searching for a while he finds Cormack, Thorax and Glimble engaged in conversation. When they notice Ganon all become quiet. The hall go dead silent as the three men stare at Ganon.

Ganon standing some feet away with the keg of ale in his arms feeling a little uneasy at the staring eyes speaks "Excuse me Cormack, could I speak with you, alone?"

GreyWolfVT

#333 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble nods to Cormack "Go ahead Cormack. But what needs to be said to him can be said in front of all of us Ganon." the gnome looks to Thorax and Cormack as well hoping he did not overstep speaking for the three of them.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#334 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Ganon stands there in silence waiting for something to break the awful nothingness. He finds it to be his own voice. "Cormack I get the feeling that I not your favorite human," His eyes then shift to the other two men and then back to Cormack "and it seems that sentiment is growing. Once again do apologies if I offended you, all of you. I've lived on the streets of Waterdeep by myself so long that I have forgotten what it means to be part of a group. I've always had to rely on what I could find or steal to live. I've been doing it so long it's become second nature to me. It's become life for me, not that I wished it upon me, nor do I wish to use it as an excuse now, but it is the path that Weehaken has put me on. I brought a peace offering, it's the best I could find, a keg of Dwarven Ale, the best 'mother' had." He slightly lifts up the keg in is arms. "I was hoping that maybe we could have a drink and wash way the sediment that has spoiled our fellowship." He places the keg down onto the ground and looks at the three not able to read the thoughts through the cold blank stares. "Um well, perhaps not." He turns and starts to walk away but stops and does a half turn. "What ever you think of me please don't let the ale go to waste. 'Mother' was so pleased to give it to me. I hate to see her disappointed." Ganon walks off and will return to the kitchen to spend time with "mother".

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#335 Post by Darkmane »

Tella -

The spellbook contains:

1st
Feather Fall
Spider Climb
Affect Normal Fires
Magic Missile

2nd
Wizard Lock
Knock
Blur

3rd
Lightning Bolt

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#336 Post by spanningtree »

Teela - Mage

Tella's eyes gleam at the incantations contained in the recovered spellbook, a rare and slight smile nudges it's way onto her face.

GreyWolfVT

#337 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I was waiting for Thorax or Cormack to reply first but so be it.

Glimble gives a slight smile back to Ganon "Well as Gond has taught my order judge people by their actions and this action now is speaking fondly of you Ganon."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#338 Post by Darkmane »

I'll give you guys a bit more time to discuss. I'd like to let Cormack and Thorax respond before pushing things forward.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#339 Post by ylinett »

Thorax for one has nothing to say. He listens to the words and considers them. True or not, and they sound very convincing, actions will determine their future.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by ybn1197 »

DadsAngry wrote:Ganon:

Ganon stands there in silence waiting for something to break the awful nothingness. He finds it to be his own voice. "Cormack I get the feeling that I not your favorite human," His eyes then shift to the other two men and then back to Cormack "and it seems that sentiment is growing. Once again do apologies if I offended you, all of you. I've lived on the streets of Waterdeep by myself so long that I have forgotten what it means to be part of a group. I've always had to rely on what I could find or steal to live. I've been doing it so long it's become second nature to me. It's become life for me, not that I wished it upon me, nor do I wish to use it as an excuse now, but it is the path that Weehaken has put me on. I brought a peace offering, it's the best I could find, a keg of Dwarven Ale, the best 'mother' had." He slightly lifts up the keg in is arms. "I was hoping that maybe we could have a drink and wash way the sediment that has spoiled our fellowship." He places the keg down onto the ground and looks at the three not able to read the thoughts through the cold blank stares. "Um well, perhaps not." He turns and starts to walk away but stops and does a half turn. "What ever you think of me please don't let the ale go to waste. 'Mother' was so pleased to give it to me. I hate to see her disappointed." Ganon walks off and will return to the kitchen to spend time with "mother".
As Ganon starts to walk away, Cormack turns to look at Glimble and Thorax.
GreyWolfVT wrote:Glimble gives a slight smile back to Ganon "Well as Gond has taught my order judge people by their actions and this action now is speaking fondly of you Ganon."
"Aye," Cormack says more to himself than others. "Good Father, though Clangeddin is a just god, Ganon is a human," he says to Thorax in a way as if to present an excuse for Ganon's action. Turning back Cormack calls out, "Ganon! Sit with us and share the ale mother has so pleasantly provided. We have shared battle today and tomorrow is, as you humans say, another day."

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”