4- The Irlingstar Ancestral Helm Quest

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

Re: 4- The Irlingstar Ancestral Helm Quest

#341 Post by ylinett »

Thorax will produce his mug and drink to the fallen in silence. As for Kurnick...his path lies elsewhere and Thorax may return someday but not for a long time he thinks. The day has worn on the brother and drinking his fill he heads to sleep.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#342 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Ganon sits down with the three and drinks until the party breaks and goes to bed. Before the party leaves for their next destination, Ganon will visit mother and hide a gold coin under a mixing bowl she is sure to find.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#343 Post by Darkmane »

Ok- ill push things forward tomorrow. I got roped into moving furniture for my wife today :)

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#344 Post by Darkmane »

Korin comes into to see you with a group of followers, Kurnick, Flynn, and Goddgrieg are among them. He hands you a bag of coin and says, "As we are still trying to reclaim the mine, we have very little now. I hope you can return years from now and we will have this place humming and producing once more. However, I ask you to accept our gift, and our thanks. You have dealt the enemy a mighty blow, no more will the necromancer be able to pillage dwarven magic with little resistance! If he returns he will find us strengthened!"

With that, Korin and his followers surge forward and begin clasping hands with you all, each of them giving you hugs, and some provisions for your trip. Not much in the way of food, but some hearty ale which has the consistency of cereal, and probably as many calories.

*the bag of coin has 200 gp, newly minted with Illefarn in dwarven runes, a mountain, and Korin on them, you have the first coins from a newly formed dwarven nation! they might be worth something extra years from now to collectors!*

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#345 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble being humble "You gift is great but being a man of Gond I would say keep my portion of the money and use it the gnomes surely could use it to help with more inventions. Their working with me was gift enough. I thank you greatly and mean no insults It was my honor to help." he clasps hands and bows humbly to the king.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by ybn1197 »

Cormack nods his agreement with Glimble's statement. "You honor me with your generosity and it is with the deepest sincerity that I return it to you. Put it towards the construction of the kingdom, that is a better use than I will ever find for it. I will merely retain one coin in remembrance of the acts of bravery your kingdom accomplished today. Now the ale I will heartily accept. It is so difficult to find decent ale amongst the humans nowadays."

GreyWolfVT

#347 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "I am not one to drink but I will partake of this hearty dwarf ale tonight I assure you." the gnome smiles "I might ask only that you remember us and the acts we have made on this day. Welcome us again sometime with open arms if we come knocking on these very doors." with a bit of a flourish as he speaks. He bows again humbly.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#348 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Ganon stands in silence but internally his screams are deafening as Glimble and Cormack turns away the golden filled bag. He is sure Thorax will do the same, so Ganon looks to Tella. If she does not accept the bag then there will be no gold for him. The wounds that Ganon inflicted on the group are still healing and being the only one to accept the reward would surely reopen them. Not having any special talent in mental communication he lowers his head so that his hooded clock hides his face. He closes his eyes and tries his best to send Tella the message "Yes Accept".

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#349 Post by ylinett »

Brother Thorax steps forward. "Your honor and largess are both great. May your Kingdom be so too. I know my companions do not mean to be rude by turning down your generous gift. I will certainly accept on my behalf as well as theirs. Should your Kingdom ever need our aid I will be back with Clangeddin's fury to smite your foes.". Thorax takes a step back bowing deeply. Softly he says to the others, " Do not insult the King by refusing his gift. His honor must be greater than ours. He was just rescued by a handful of wanderers. Allow him his moment in front of his people."

GreyWolfVT

#350 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble looks at Thorax as though he was just insulted.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#351 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Ganon head pops out of his hooded cloak to reveal a look of surprise and then morph into a large grin. That was not what he was expecting to hear from Thorax. Was he still drunk from last night? Did he hear my mental calling to Tella? What ever the cause, Ganon's gamble to leave Waterdeep to go adventuring was finally paying off.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#352 Post by Darkmane »

Korin looks relieved that Thorax accepted the gift, you could almost see him inhaling like a blowfish, to spill forth a tide of words to convince you to take it. In the end he says but,"Gold won't help us, it is strength of deeds that will. Deeds such as this party has performed."

You party into the night, rest, finish up healing, and the dwarves see you out of the underhalls safely. It is strange but the dungeon almost seems less oppressive in a single night! Maybe it is just the change of attitude in the dwarves and gnomes around you.

With that the elf ranger, Flam, begins the journey to take you to the elves. You journey is quick, again you find them sliding out of camouflage as if they were part of the forest. The elf King Melandrach, comes forth in his starnge wooden platemail and green and white cape and pulls forth a box. He lifts the lid and shows you an egg the size of a babies head, it is probably a griffon egg, and it is surrounded by elaborate gold chain or wire or carving the surrounds the egg and depicts several griffons in flight. He hands the egg directly to Tella and says, "My gift for stopping the poison waters, many animals will be spared."

The rest of the elves laugh and toss fruit at the PC's, figs, and cheese, wild grapes, berries, and plums. They begin to sing and dance and this celebration heads into the night. During the celebration the elf King takes Tella aside for a moment telling her something in secret...

GreyWolfVT

#353 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble stops and looks to the others "I'm thinking to stay here with the dwarves and gnomes to help them rebuild. Maybe even try and start up a church of Gond." you can tell from the look on his face the gnome is dead serious.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#354 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

After hearing Glimble's realization: Glimble, I would think that our current en-devour should be completed. We as a group have an agreement. I do agree, your cause is noble and they do appear to need the help. I would miss you... I do think that Gond and those those in the mountain would be better supported by you providing them with gold and other supplies garnered by our groups exploits.

Taking the egg from the king: We gracefully accept this gift and give you thanks for letting us help.

OCC: Sheet updated with egg, group property though. Probably leave it in the apartment in Waterdeep, maybe start an apartment inventory thread?

After chatting with the king she will return to the group and say: The egg is more than it appears. Should we decide to ever make our way to a secret Elvin island it would act as a key...

After chatting with a few other elves and making a bit of merry she will return to the group ready to take off for Waterdeep.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by ybn1197 »

"Glimble, my friend, it has been a sincere pleasure adventuring beside you. I wish you that you were returning with us but I know what it means to find a place where you 'belong.'" Cormack claps the gnome on the shoulder.

GreyWolfVT

#356 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble smiles at Cormack "I appreciate that Cormack. Tella I understand what you are saying perhaps I will return with you folks on the journey back and after returning the artifacts to the proper family in Waterdeep I will venture back this way and join the dwarves and gnomes and help them rebuild."

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#357 Post by ylinett »

Thorax mulls Glimble's statement and nods. "As you see fit."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#358 Post by Darkmane »

The party with the elves goes into the night. You still have your hearty dwarf ale, and the elves have a clear crisp white wine that tastes vaguely of apple and peach under the grape. They give you plenty of elven bread, which they tell you can keep a man alive for days. (5 days of bread per person, it stays good for months)

In the morning you clean up the camp with the elves and part ways, Flam staying with his elven brothers. The trip to Waterdeep is quick and without incident. You come through the gate and quickly head home to drop off some stuff before delivering the helm to Trevor.

With it being mid-afternoon, you head up through the city, weaving through the congested streets, finally making it to the Irlingstar Villa by nightfall. You are let in, and quickly, Trevor arrives in the parlor, wearing a wolfskin vest over plain clothes, it looks like he has been working in dirt... he looks at you excited and says,

"Wow, you actually tracked it down?"

GreyWolfVT

#359 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "As promised Trevor. Back to it's rightful place."

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#360 Post by ylinett »

"Good Sir, other than a dragon little could have stood in our way. " Thorax says cracking a wry smile.

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”