Part 1: The Fish Paste Idyll: A Prosperous Interlude

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Part 1: The Fish Paste Idyll: A Prosperous Interlude

#161 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Marcus cleans the edge of his spear and inspects the remaining dog, "Abel, what can you do for the animal? Do we put it out of it's misery?" He internally forms plans for the dead dog, namely being breakfast.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#162 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Abel "Hmm well I am not sure I did crack it pretty darned hard twice in the head, but it did bite me so.... if I had some stronger magics I could try something." never added any spells was not sure how that all worked.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#163 Post by Dizlexus »

Smokey

Let us not bury the dead dog, man. They will come back to eat it later and be less likely to come after us.

This one looks bad. Only magic could help now.
All GMs are evil.
What foulness goads your laughter? (Pulpatoon, 03/26/14)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I see... While I will stop at nothing to protect you all I still like to hold onto my humanity... If there is nothing that can be done for the creature then I shall end it's suffering."

leaving the option for any type of magics or skills in healing to be added if Pulp allows it since no one really had a grasp on it. If there is nothing then Marcus will spear the dog through the heart, killing it instantly.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#165 Post by Dizlexus »

MonkeyWrench wrote:I see... While I will stop at nothing to protect you all I still like to hold onto my humanity... If there is nothing that can be done for the creature then I shall end it's suffering."

leaving the option for any type of magics or skills in healing to be added if Pulp allows it since no one really had a grasp on it. If there is nothing then Marcus will spear the dog through the heart, killing it instantly.
or is this where the skill "herbalism" comes to play?

Smokey can get the dog a couple rips if that will help.
All GMs are evil.

mb.
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#166 Post by mb. »

Bürd says, "Good riddance to bad rubbish me greatma always said!" and puts his axe through the injured dog's head. Thunk.

He strokes his beard, "Abel, would y'say that's normal? Dogs attacking like that around here?"

GreyWolfVT

#167 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"I'm no woodsman but could be." is Abel's reply with his mouth hung open a bit.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Marcus begins dragging the dog corpses away, "Doesn't matter what it is, if it's hungry enough it'll attack anything that's food. My question is why were they so hungry that they would dare attack a camp, what is out there taking all the prey..."

GreyWolfVT

#169 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Abel thinks a moment "Well something could have driven the dog's mad. I think wild dogs can go mad where they will attack anything. But we were sleeping so it is possible they thought us easy prey."

mb.
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#170 Post by mb. »

"Don't rightly think they're short on prey Marcus." Bürd gestures at a corpse, "Even them as din't bite us has bloody muzzles, right?"

Cleaning his greataxe, Bürd asks, "Did y'notice the direction they come from?"

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by Pulpatoon »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Marcus begins dragging the dog corpses away, "Doesn't matter what it is, if it's hungry enough it'll attack anything that's food. My question is why were they so hungry that they would dare attack a camp, what is out there taking all the prey..."
How far do you drag the corpses away? Do you do anything with them?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Dragging them about 60 feet away from the camp, far enough that the smell won't bother us and any animals won't bother us by going after them. nothing is done to them besides leaving them there, let nature do it's thing.

When Marcus returns, "I suppose you were right, the blood caked on their muzzles was proof that they had at least fed earlier, so they probably weren't after us for food, or easy prey. Maybe they did go mad, there might be a disease going around the wild, something that will make them lash out at anything..." Marcus checks out the rest of the camp, "Let's just continue to rest up and head out again at first light."

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#173 Post by Dizlexus »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Dragging them about 60 feet away from the camp, far enough that the smell won't bother us and any animals won't bother us by going after them. nothing is done to them besides leaving them there, let nature do it's thing.

When Marcus returns, "I suppose you were right, the blood caked on their muzzles was proof that they had at least fed earlier, so they probably weren't after us for food, or easy prey. Maybe they did go mad, there might be a disease going around the wild, something that will make them lash out at anything..." Marcus checks out the rest of the camp, "Let's just continue to rest up and head out again at first light."
Something is very amiss, man, says Smokey.
All GMs are evil.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#174 Post by KingOfCowards »

Pulpatoon wrote:
zebediah wrote:Let us check the mill then. If we see no trace of ill doing by Sal then we resume the old plan of following Mrs Miller. Right now Sal's attitude smells bad and we cannot simply ignore it.
Jonas and Simon return to the Mill. All is dark and quiet. There is no sign of Hag Sal.
"I suppose we follow our first plan and try to find Lady Miller."

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by Pulpatoon »

KingOfCowards wrote: "I suppose we follow our first plan and try to find Lady Miller."
As you stand in front of the Miller's house, you hear voices approaching from the North.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#176 Post by KingOfCowards »

Pulpatoon wrote:
KingOfCowards wrote: "I suppose we follow our first plan and try to find Lady Miller."
As you stand in front of the Miller's house, you hear voices approaching from the North.
Voices? Male? Female? Incredibly old or incredibly young female?

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#177 Post by zebediah »

Without saying a word, just tugging Simon's sleeve, Jonas hides somewhere nearby, hopefully some place they can have a good view from whoever approaches.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by Pulpatoon »

zebediah wrote:Without saying a word, just tugging Simon's sleeve, Jonas hides somewhere nearby, hopefully some place they can have a good view from whoever approaches.
As the voices get nearer, they become more identifiable: it is the musical, laughing voices of the Miller's daughters. You can't see them yet, or make out the content of their conversation.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#179 Post by zebediah »

Jonas remains hiding and will wait to see what will follow.

mb.
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#180 Post by mb. »

Bürd decides comfort isn't tonight's priority and buckles on his armour before throwing himself down onto his bedroll again, greataxe close at hand.

Return to “Adventure 1: Death Comes to Herebury”