Action Thread 11

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 11

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 12:30 p

The Slave Pits

Blodgett and Phanstern remain invisible.

Party decides that getting the slaves, and their information, to freedom is the safest bet at this point. Getting into the marching order, Phanstern and Eljay take rear guard, while Blodgett moves up front, the fighters hanging in the middle to be ready for anything.

They move the slaves up the ladder and in single file, back to the stairway they came down. You use the secret path shortcut. Surprisingly it is very quiet, and you make it to the stairs without any encounters or issues. The stairs lead up from the dark, dank, and smelly sewers, up to a more well-lit, and somewhat less stinky stone corridor.

Things are very quiet and the hallway seems deserted. No sign of any patrols or other creatures wandering about. The walls are back to the regular stonework, with the ceilings about 10 feet high… the only problem is it remains 5’ wide, which means a fighting marching order remains single file.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed, Blodget and Phanstern are STILL invisible. A new map is here for your planning needs: viewtopic.php?p=99926#p99926

HPs: Ogre (1) - 45/45; Elwita (1) - 32/50; Delgath (6) - 25/25; Blodgett (3) - 10/20 ; Freda (-5) - 29/40; Phanstern (2) - 25/25; Eljayess (1) - 17/25; Kayen (2) - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Elwita Hammer (heavy xbow): Staff; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Blodgett, Kayen, Ogre, Freda, Delgath, slaves, Phanstern, Eljayess, Elwita
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Invisibility potion: 2 doses left.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 11

#2 Post by Argennian »

"Wait here, I'll have a look-see up ahead to make sure the coast be clear. Tell them to remain quiet," invisible Blodgett whispers back to Kayen at the top of the stairs.

The surefooted halfling thief will steel forward and peer around the corner to the left to get a look at the upcoming T-intersection they came down previously. Whilst there, he'll hold his breath and strain his ears with the hope of hearing any signs of occupancy up ahead or other such noises of concern...
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Stirling »

Kayen will hold his ground until Blodgett comes back, hoping he'll use the 'secret' whistle code as some tap on his shoulder from an invisible may get a swift rebuke!.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by saalaria »

Dredd silently hops from foot to foot , aware the escape is the most dangerous part of any rescue.....

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by tkrexx »

From somewhere in the rear, Phanstern's whispered voice can be heard thinking ahead, instead of at the tumultuous present. How will we get this herd past the ghouls??

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 12:33 p

The Upper Level

Blodgett sneaks forward and returns, with a quiet whistle, finding the path all clear. The party, with all the slaves, moves forward as quietly as they can. Unable to see the halfling’s flinches at every mail clink or cough of an ex-slave. You move up and to the end of the hallway. The party remembers that there are exits from the stables as well as from the northern guard house. But there are definitely sounds, like hammering or something coming from the north. The stables are quiet right now. Going south, past the now dead sticky plant, and to the trapped secret door is a longer way, but that’s the way you came.

It’s pretty quiet considering it is lunch hour. But the halls are deserted for as far as you can see.

The slaves seem calm, though a few give furtive, or even dirty looks at Eljayess’s joke.

Which way do you want to go? Blodget and Phanstern are STILL invisible. A new map is here for your planning needs: viewtopic.php?p=101941#p101941

HPs: Ogre (1) - 45/45; Elwita (1) - 32/50; Delgath (6) - 25/25; Blodgett (3) - 10/20 ; Freda (-5) - 29/40; Phanstern (2) - 25/25; Eljayess (1) - 17/25; Kayen (2) - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Elwita Hammer (heavy xbow): Staff; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by saalaria »

Shall we risk busting out of the stables rather than running the gauntlet of the ghouls?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by Alethan »

"If we can turn he undead again, then we can move right past them..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Stirling »

"Stables may have a few horses in we can use, though at midday, not sure how far we can get in broad daylight within the city. Perhaps We can masquerade as a slaver merchant group having bought a few unfortunates, Tell any guards we are going to the 'mine' in the hills or some other bluff..?"

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 12:34 p

The Upper Level

The hall remains quiet, no patrols at all. The quiet seems to calm the slaves and they are quiet except for one that chimes in as the party discusses ways out, "but, what's the quickest way out? I don't want to be here any longer than I have to." The other slaves nod and murmur agreement.

Just to clarify the map (see the link) there isn't a way into the scary garden except for the double doors in the north. It kinda looks like you can get in right where you are at the X: viewtopic.php?p=101941#p101941
That's all, carry on! :)

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by saalaria »

Okay - quick vote then and we'll go with majority. Stables or way we came in? I can be swayed either way!

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Stirling »

"well if we go past the ghouls we can chuck in the merchant fella as so sacrificial offering and run past whilst they feed on him!!" Kayen suggests though he personally favours going through the stables.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by max_vale »

Ogre simply shrugs and says; "Either way works for me." With that; he keeps an alert eye out for any possible threats and waits for the group to make a decision.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Argennian »

Invisible Blodgett's voice whispers softly. "You want I should sneak back to the stables and see if it's still all clear?"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by saalaria »

"Good idea Blodgett - and try to see what the way beyond looks like too."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Argennian »

"Be right back then!" the invisible voice replies merrily.

Blodgett engages his halfling rogue sneakiness and moves to make a reconnoiter of the stables.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by tkrexx »

Have a care, the Illusionist whispers nervously.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by max_vale »

Ogre looks like a combination of bored and anxious....he wants to get the slaves out of there and he also wants to smash things; so he's torn....

OOC: And Argenian; this is 1E; so it's THIEVERY Blodgett engages; none of that new-fangled ROGUE stuff for us old-schoolers! :)

P.S. In case the smiley wasn't enough; I'm just joking....just in case some new-school dude decides to hurl flames at me for a silly bit of nonsense....we now return you to your regularly scheduled PBP game; already in progress....
Last edited by max_vale on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”