Queen Regeina's Ethical Philosophers Depart.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Queen Regeina's Ethical Philosophers Depart.

#601 Post by shaidar »

Arkday addresses Montego and Baruch: "I can acertain if the salve is magical, if you wish?"

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#602 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I'm still of the opinion he meant slave.... :?
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#603 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch (wiping his nose after snorting some salve/slave) to his pet bird: "A magic slave ?!!? By all gormless grivets, Te Kang, did you ever hear such a thing ? Hey Nihi, do they have such enchanted beings in your eastern empire ?"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#604 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Svent "I've heard of such a spell though it is usually referenced as Unseen Servant but magical slave yes that is what it is in essence."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#605 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Seeing that the conversation has now diluted into random conversation Calen nods to Arkady in thanks for the healing and then goes to stand by a tree, letting the breeze cool his head down after fighting with a helmet, when he feels that he is cooled down enough he will put the helmet back on and continue to wait for the others to move on to the house with the air balloon.

Freki will either sit with Calen, run around until the group is ready, or feast upon their fallen enemies.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#606 Post by Dizlexus »

Nordbo wrote:Baruch (wiping his nose after snorting some salve/slave) to his pet bird: "A magic slave ?!!? By all gormless grivets, Te Kang, did you ever hear such a thing ? Hey Nihi, do they have such enchanted beings in your eastern empire ?"
Nihi says, I was raised here in Tessera, Brother Baruch. I did visit the orient once though -- seems the whole place is enchanted. And plenty of birds Brother.

That Savle is for healing purposes.

Yesterday one of the soldiers cut his head while working under a wagon. That salve closed the cut instantly.

Hit Points
Hit Points
Baruch 15/15
Calen 13/18
Garrett 12/12
Sanu 9/20
Svent 8/8
Arkady 12/12
Montego 30/30
Milli 8/8
Freki 9/16

About to go to the airship.
All GMs are evil.
What foulness goads your laughter? (Pulpatoon, 03/26/14)

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#607 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch, realising the immense power of such an anointment: "Then we must indeed guard it safely and use it wisely" and caresses his shiny rejuvenated nosetip in amazement. It feels so...perky!

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#608 Post by Dizlexus »

In the morning

Dedalus and Arkady
begin to lead the party the 10 miles back to the home of Dedalus.

Dedalus keeps referring to Agent Blab as "Thomas". Finally, Blab comes clean.

Dedalus, on those visits I made I was functioning as an intelligence agent collecting information on your various inventions. My real name is "Idolon". At the time I was working for the usurper, King Merit. That job is over.

When these gentlemen captured me I was working for Baron Ferrum Mucro. The Baron wanted information on the progress of Merit's advance army. I sent a daily dispatch down a long line of messengers. By horse and by device, the Baron's information was never more than 2 days behind, even though he resides in Narconia.

Idolon laughs, and continues:
Anyway, it was my information that brought about that contingent of soldiers. They were going to disassemble and take your air ship.

Nihi chimes in:
This is true

Funny, Idolon says, but I think Merit wanted to prevent exactly what is about to happen: a group of his enemies employing that device to penetrate behind his lines of defense.

Ironic, no?

Once you fellas take to the air, me and Nihi had better get back to a city and check back in. You fellas don't need THEY looking for lost agents. And we need to get back to work. It would be kind of you gentlemen to provide each of us a horse. You have more horses than the king. And you never know, we might be able to return the favor some day.

Dedalus,
shocked by the deception, is silent -- looks thoughtful.

Background embedded here -- next post will be at Dedalus' home -- excluding random encounter
All GMs are evil.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#609 Post by shaidar »

In the morning Arkady will pray and obtain 2 cure light wound spells, which he will offer to the group.

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#610 Post by Dizlexus »

shaidar wrote:In the morning Arkady will pray and obtain 2 cure light wound spells, which he will offer to the group.
Yes, spells need to be refreshed for Svent and Baruch too.
All GMs are evil.

GreyWolfVT

#611 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Garrett sighs at the sudden truth "Agent eh what you mean is spy. I too know what it is to be a spy from past avenues in my life. Very well we obviously have more horses than we need so take what you need and I'll be calling in that favor eventually."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#612 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch lays out his small collection of holy symbols in front of him, and prays "to the universe"

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#613 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As the party makes the necessary preparations in the morning before departing Calen will stand in a clear opening near the house, swinging his halberd using different motions, practicing his different forms, each time he does a form he looks at the halberd, almost as if he is inspecting it.

Freki can be seen laying nearby in some shade.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#614 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Montego looks around on the ground as they are traveling to see if there are any tracks that he should be concerned with. He is always on the lookout for orc women and children.

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#615 Post by Dizlexus »

To The Air Ship
(Arkady has 2 heal spells to offer)
hit points
Hit Points
Baruch 23/23
Calen 21/26
Garrett 17/17
Sanu 9/20
Svent 8/8
Arkady 12/12
Montego 37/37
Milli 8/8
Freki 9/16
In the morning, Baruch's prayers and Calen's martial exercises are concluded. Milli gets help with the wagons and horses. The oxen and carts are loaded with the party's extra gear. Dedalus will drive them to the rebel camp after the party is air born.

The spies are discussing where to report : Predius, Sors, Occubo, Curus? It is obvious that the spies do most of their work for an Iron Barron, Ferrum Mucro, and that the party is no concern of theirs -- nor the outcome of the war. The spies are in a good mood as they were both captured and have both survived. The party is fairly amicable, they feel.

Montego mounts up, taking the lead, he looks for tracks. He finds tracks -- those belonging to Dedalus and Arkady and their horses. Montego can even show Arkady where he dismounted and relieved himself 12 hours ago. But nothing else is seen.

The party enters a vast plain atop the hill (23-r). MAP

Dedalus stops the party and asks, Du, Du d,do you see anything? He laughs, winks, motions his hands and intones a spell. Suddenly, the once empty land scape is filled with out buildings, a well, a cottage, a sprawling, country complex -- it was all hidden by an illusion.

Wa, wa, what you seek is behind the house, surrounded by an earthen berm Dedalus says.

The party is impressed with the size of the vessel. It is a ocean going ship converted into a dirigible.
AIRSHIP
Arkady knows how she goes, Dedalus says. The gasifier turns Ankeg shit into a gas. That gas lifts the vessel. Le,le, let me stoke the oven.

The gnome starts a fire in a wood burning oven on the ship. The fire will gasify the poop.

Here is what to know, says the gnome, once she runs out of poop gas, she will gently drift back to earth. There is no extra fuel -- is a one time flight.
The ship will fly
d20+2 east
d12 north - d8 south
X10 so 10 west would be 100 miles, eg.

I hope you men find the Fortress of Horace Woo and whatever else you are looking for -- save the queen,
looking at Baruch and Arkady, pardon me, may the gods save the queen.

Let's get your horses loaded up.
Says the gnome. Dedalus is looking forward to seeing this thing go.

ACTIONS!

REWORKING PARTY INVENTORY TO REFLECT DONATIONS -- XP will result.
All GMs are evil.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#616 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Calen quietly inspect the the airship, looking it over. He will then look to Freki, seeing if she is fine with being on the floating craft or if she is getting very nervous and may need to go back to Aruman.

GM POST:
Freki acts more like a domestic dog every day -- outside of the killing thing.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#617 Post by shaidar »

Arkady will help dedalus get the ship ready and check it over.

He will give the others a quick tour, pointing out the important bits (the bits you do not touch ;) )

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#618 Post by Dizlexus »

Sanu

The Barbarian does not feel well and asks the priests if either can offer a healing blessing.
All GMs are evil.

GreyWolfVT

#619 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Svent in awe over the creation the gnome has made trails the gnome like an overly infatuated child. Give the gnome copliments over his genius and asking questions about how he thought of creating such a thing.

Garrett Patrols around the ship and helps as needed with preparations and other duties.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#620 Post by shaidar »

Arkady
Dizlexus wrote:Sanu

The Barbarian does not feel well and asks the priests if either can offer a healing blessing.
Arkady brings forth the blessings of Oghma upon the barbarian:

[1d8] = 6

Return to “A People Divided (1e)”