Queen Regeina's Ethical Philosophers Depart.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Queen Regeina's Ethical Philosophers Depart.

#581 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Calen walks up to the group now, halberd hefted onto his shoulder and blood all over him, Freki trotting beside him. He looks at the half-elf and the gnome and then his own group,"This the gnome?" Freki sniffs the air before sitting at Calens feet and staring at everyone.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#582 Post by Dizlexus »

Dedalus Met
Deluth Meets Priest of Guth
Kumbaya . . .

The party meets the strangers in the road. They are Arkady DeLuth and Dedalus the Gnome.

Dedalus rides his pony through the carnage. He looks hard at the slain. He takes note of their gear, and looks over the party members hard.

I am Ded, Deda, Dedalus . . he stutters. And it ap, app, ah, appears that you too are loyalists, fighting for the queen. Eh, eh, in which case I'm glad to meet you.

Dedalus sees agent Blab and warmly greets him as "Thomas'". Agent Blab demurs and plays along. Blab once spied on Dedalus, "Thomas" was his "cover".

As soon as Dedalus turns his back, Blab manifests a big smirk, and the other agent gives him a knowing grin.

The 2nd, new agent, walks around armed with nothing but a blow gun and a dagger. He is 1/2 Oriental. He is addressed as Nihi.

A Proposal

Dedalus cuts to the chase: I o, o, ov, over, overhear that you men are interested in my air ship. Yu, yu, you all know that it will only sail EAST, I hope.

We must make a fresh camp, and walk back up tomorrow. Ar, ar, Arkady and I rode 10 miles today. We were going to join the others, the reh, reh, rebels in the west. Why u, you men want to move east, behind enemy lines, is mys, mysterious to me. But, I see your "good work" here. I'll give you the air ship.

The next 20 minutes are spent collecting the spoils of the battle (See loot). After the party's wagon and horses are brought up, Dedalus casts some sort of illusion over the battlefield/camp site. The site looks overgrown now. Even the road is hidden.

The party moves about a mile up and makes a fresh camp.

In the morning, the party will go to the home of the Gnome and take possession of his "air ship" which Arkady begins to describe to the party.

Some healing might be considered. Baruch and Arkady have 1 heal each. Sanu, Calen and Freki the wolf are injured. I invite any character development roll play as I get the party ready for the air ship.
Baruch 15/15
Calen 8/18
Garrett 12/12
Sanu 9/20
Svent 8/8
Arkady 12/12
Montego 30/30
Milli 8/8
Freki 8/16
All GMs are evil.
What foulness goads your laughter? (Pulpatoon, 03/26/14)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#583 Post by MonkeyWrench »

With the battle over Calens battle high is starting to come down, his wounds are now irritating rather than invigorating, he checks over Freki and see that she too is injured from the battle as she licks the wounds she can reach herself. Calen calls out to the group, "I don't know how everyone else is, but I need some healing, Freki too." He straps his halberd back onto his back in it's holder as he takes off the pieces of armor where the enemy was able to pierce, further assessing his wounds.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#584 Post by Nordbo »

Calen calls out to the group, "I don't know how everyone else is, but I need some healing, Freki too."
Baruch proclaims: "It is time....to pay tribute to a universal deity who once helped a simple son of Guth*. I can see no better way than by aiding the one who so verily embodies Aruman among us...come here, Freki" and strokes the wolf with intended healing hands (but is still a bit shaky from the recent fight, so unfortunately only manages...) Cure light wounds, heals [1d8] = 1 points of damage

then helps himself to a set of 1 week rations from the recent loot

*Baruch refers to getting blessed by Aruman at a campfire some time ago

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#585 Post by shaidar »

Arkady

Arkady settles his horse and sits upon the saddle which he has placed upon the ground. He gets some rations from his bag and starts to eat.

After a mouthful he looks at Calen and Sanu "Who wishes my spell, or should I let your lupine companion have it? I shall obtain some more in the morning, although I am only a lowly adept of my order. Perhaps brother Baruch and I should discuss spells later to ensure we make a reasoned selection. I also have some knowledge of the arcane, which may prove useful. So if you are willing to discuss your quest, what is your reason for wanting to reach the Fortress, the airship is a tricky mistress and not without risk."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#586 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Calen looks over at the Dog, not really feeling that Baruch's spell did anything at all, "Heal her, I can get healed tomorrow after resting, it does not matter."

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#587 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch, realising he'll never make a good vet, nods to Arkady in agreement over future spell coordination, then excuses himself to turn to Nihi the oriental: "你好!" then tries..."안녕하세요?" and finally: "or do you perhaps pray to Hachiman? ....Greetings, I am Baruch, fan of faith"

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#588 Post by Dizlexus »

Sanu

With a sorry tone of resignation the barbarian says, I unworthy of blessing tonight, Arkady. Each time Sanu fight, Sanu fumble axe. Calen never fumble. Do as Calen wish.

Nihi
Says to Baruch, It is good to meet you and your fascinating party. I have little use for religion, myself. I am oriental, however, you have that correct. My mother labors for Shogun Aichi Yamada to this day. I was raised in Litus by my father, an iron merchant.

Agent Blab tells me you folks are going into the mountains -- going to look for the Fortress of Horace Woo. Did you see the sky light up two nights ago? I think he's back.

Dedalus
Randomly offers,
What we saw that night was a, d, d,d, dichotomy between space and time, coupled by another be, be, between astral plains. I don't know about this Horace Woo. I always heard he was a Tesseran trained as a Wu Jen. . . .

It ru, ru, ru, runs on An, Ank, Ankeg shit ya know; the air ship does.
All GMs are evil.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#589 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Garrett "Eh well east only how strange guess we won't be using it for the return trip."

Svent "I'd gladly heal you Calen if I weren't but just a mage."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#590 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Calen simply nods at Svent, he does a quick scan of the new cleric and the gnome using his helmet to see what their alignment is before removing his helmet, revealing his face finally. For the first time those that did not initially set out from that beach with him get a good look at his face, his short brown hair matted down with sweat from the battle and parts of his face splotched with blood that made it through his helmet, his stern set jaw and piercing eyes as he looks among the others as well as the large scar running down his right eye and through his cheek, meeting with his chin. It seems the roads journey has grown a brown stubble on his face as well. "When do we move out."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#591 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Montego finally pipes in addressing Dedalus Wait......you have an air ship? But it only flies to the east? And it only runs on Ankeg shite? Now I have heard everything!

He then says to the group We should have stopped Titus from leaving so quickly. He could have taken these spoils with him to the encampment. I'm sure they could have put this stuff to good use like the other equipment that we gave them.

Montego still doesn't trust all these secret agents so he keeps a trained eye on their movements and listens carefully to what they say to each other.

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#592 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch nods respectfully to Nihi, then asks Dedalus: "If the airship only flies to the east....where did it come from originally ? Sors ? The coast ? Westmarch ? Or...did you build it yourself ? Then from where in the west did you test-fly it eastwards to its present location ? Unless you possess such enormous faith that you haven't felt the need to test it...." gazes at the gnome in awe

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#593 Post by Dizlexus »

Nordbo wrote:Baruch nods respectfully to Nihi, then asks Dedalus: "If the airship only flies to the east....where did it come from originally ? Sors ? The coast ? Westmarch ? Or...did you build it yourself ? Then from where in the west did you test-fly it eastwards to its present location ? Unless you possess such enormous faith that you haven't felt the need to test it...." gazes at the gnome in awe
Dedalus
I ba, ba ,built it. I ta,ta, tested it with it te, te, te ,teth, tethered to the ground. Will land soft, I swear.

Agents Blab and Nihi
Montego notes that the agents are laughing all to hard. What gives, spooks? Montego likely asks.

Laughing so hard he can hardly breathe, Blab says: Nihi here tells me, he says that Merit is so unpopular, he plans to capture Regenia and make her marry him. He gasps for air between laughs, can you imagine? How the hell will that help? Ha, ha, ha! He gasps again, All of Tessera will embrace royal incest ha, ha, ha!

Trip to air ship after work.
All GMs are evil.

GreyWolfVT

#594 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Svent upon hearing the spooks words about the royal incest

Garrett "Well we certainly know who in that family has the brains. It is definitely not Merit. Now back to the ship how do you know for certain it will only go east? Have you tried turning it at all with any type of fin?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#595 Post by Dizlexus »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Svent upon hearing the spooks words about the royal incest

Garrett "Well we certainly know who in that family has the brains. It is definitely not Merit. Now back to the ship how do you know for certain it will only go east? Have you tried turning it at all with any type of fin?"
Dedalus
It is more or less a balloon, subject to the prevailing winds.
All GMs are evil.

GreyWolfVT

#596 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Garrett "Ah well winds blow in all directions so it is more or less limited to the whims of the days winds then. Thank you Dedalus."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#597 Post by shaidar »

Arkady

Arkady lays his healing hands upon Calen:

[1d8] = 5

"Gentlemen, the airship is a complicated piece of machinery, that was very difficult to construct. If you cannot hide your credulity then at least temper it with some politeness."

GreyWolfVT

#598 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Svent "Indeed it sounds like a marvelous invention I cannot wait to see it Dedalus."

Garrett "I was not trying to offend Dedalus. I think it is a remarkable thing in its own. I suspect if I were an engineer I could provide ideas that might help Dedalus to advance the level of the thing. But I am but a mere cut-purse so what do I know. Shall we go see the great invention?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#599 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dizlexus wrote:
OGRE MAGE wrote:Have we checked the loot pile out for anything magical yet?
We shouldn't be giving all of our goodies away!
only special item there is a slave
Montego gives Arkady an apologetic look and shakes his head some more. He then looks at the salve and says to Baruch Have you ever seen anything like this before? Looks to be used for healing perhaps?

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#600 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch says "hang on", sticks his nose in the slave and takes a deep sniff. What do his powers of perception tell him? NWP/skill/general aptitude roll: [1d20] = 15

edit: salve/slave :D
Last edited by Nordbo on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “A People Divided (1e)”