OOC VII

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC VII

#361 Post by thirdkingdom »

Atlictoatl wrote:Thanks for initiative clarification.

I'm watching the Rolls thread. Could you clarify how you're applying Skilled weaponry (bonus vs. AC and deflect)? I've no criticism, I'm just wanting to understand.
Some of you guys specifically call out when you want to apply the AC bonus or deflect ability. Otherwise, I apply it to the first attacks.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#362 Post by Atlictoatl »

Roger that. Thanks!

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#363 Post by Atlictoatl »

Oh, geez. Sorry about that Quint/Koren gaffe.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#366 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

I'm back! Gen Con was amazing, fun and exhausting - well worth the trip. Now to get back up to speed in the IC thread and see what you guys did to my poor character.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#367 Post by Alethan »

Apols for no posts the last two days. Been traveling. Should be able to post more regularly now...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#368 Post by Atlictoatl »

I'm going to be at a work conference Thursday through Sunday. I expect to be able to post 1/day, but probably not more than that.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#369 Post by Atlictoatl »

I'm mostly positioning Tev in the central room, on watch, b/c I'm here but only sort of (at conference today through Sunday, traveling Monday).

Also, he's comfortable keeping guard.

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#370 Post by MonsterMash »

Wyzard wrote:I apparently cannot read. The diamonds are worth 4k apiece, not 4k total. That won't level anyone but the MU, but it's not a bad haul at all.
Well I missed it too. Updated Thurgan's character sheet accordingly.

Going to be pretty busy too this week so I might need to try and catch up wednesday/thursday this week.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#371 Post by thirdkingdom »

Just FYI, I've been treating the building y'all are getting to read as a "safe" zone (well, the first floor, at least). The cleaning construct kept the building free of other monsters, so I haven't been making wandering monster checks. This is certainly going to change exploring the caves underneath, and as time wears on it is likely that the first floor will become less safe.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#372 Post by Atlictoatl »

Thanks for the clarity. It's why I'd wanted to somehow obstruct access to the upper floors. We don't want someone else going to the castle, etc. before us.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#373 Post by thirdkingdom »

Well, the local monsters and at least one NPC party believes the first floor is off limits, for the moment, at least.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#374 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

I'll be travelling this holiday weekend with nothing but my phone. Likely won't check back in until Monday night or Tuesday morning. After that though, school starts again for my kids and life should settle back into a dull, post summer routine for teh most part.

Have a great Labor Day weekend folks!

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#375 Post by Atlictoatl »

As part of familiarizing myself with the game, can you provide some guidance, thirdkingdom, on how much player consensus you need to advance the action? In scenes with fairly straightforward pathing choices, it feels redundant to make "Tev agrees" posts, but if you need a certain weight of consensus to move things forward I'll make sure to chime in with more alacrity.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#376 Post by thirdkingdom »

Atlictoatl wrote:As part of familiarizing myself with the game, can you provide some guidance, thirdkingdom, on how much player consensus you need to advance the action? In scenes with fairly straightforward pathing choices, it feels redundant to make "Tev agrees" posts, but if you need a certain weight of consensus to move things forward I'll make sure to chime in with more alacrity.
Simple majority. So, if there are five PCs, I just need to hear from three of you. If there are, for instance, only two votes in favor of an action and I don't hear from anyone else within 24 hours or so I'll typically try and move things along. From my perspective, however, I see absolutely nothing wrong with a post to the effect of "Jibjam supports the decision to move forward along the current path." It might not add much "role-play", but it is clear, concise and to the point. I much prefer the latter over extensive role-playing, especially when there are walls of verbiage that literally don't do anything to move the game forward.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#377 Post by thirdkingdom »

There's been some discussion about how the standard Sleep/burning oil routine is getting a bit boring. Here's one thing I'm going to do: Sleep will no longer affect bad guys only. Choose a location for the spell to center on, and everyone within the given radius has the potential to be affected, as per the book (in terms of HD affected).

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#379 Post by Atlictoatl »

FWIW, Tev wasn't responding to Quint checking out the room, but rather laying some groundrules for being in the compound of the enemy.

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#380 Post by Wyzard »

I don't think Severi is actually good front-row material. I figure he goes in the rearguard, maybe put our spellcaster behind the dwarf.

I can't think straight today, though. You might get a sensible reply from me about something tomorrow.

Return to “In Search of Adventure”