Strategy thread

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Strategy thread

#261 Post by Argennian »

ToniXX wrote:Mitch, I got a PM stating that Till's case was advancing quicker than yours. Not to say that yours is not worrisome, but just that it seemed Till was in a worse state.

Yeah it's funny, I go back and reread the action thread now and it's obvious that was the case. Honestly, I was for pulling back to Melissa to see if we could get her to give up something for the cause and pony up something. I would think a druid as powerful as her would know and perhaps even have a periapt or some other such spells/resources. And besides those scrolls were hard fought for, dang nebbit, and really wanted to have one of them in the bank at the ready if Till ever gets a needle prick opening up the wererat's treasure chest or some such! :)

Guess we better hope no one else gets bit before we reach the temple...

ToniXX wrote:Soooo... given everyone's input here (thank you) I'll use the other neutralize poison on Yosef now.
And Argennian says thank you, good sir! :P
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#262 Post by ToniXX »

So Yosef isn't feeling better... What should we do? Since there are only four of us, I don't think we should split up. Bruard doesn't have the necessary spells or scrolls either. It seems that we may have to return to the Druidess.

Thoughts?
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#263 Post by Alethan »

Ugh. That would pretty much put a crimp in our plans! and so much for the element of surprise.

But yeah, if Yosef isn't getting any better, then we should seriously consider it.

Bugger.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Argennian »

Sorry lads, last thing Yosef ever wanted to do was let his friends down! Stupid pansy elf constitution! :roll:

You know, I was thinking about how time might have made the difference. Maybe the fact that Bruard cast the spell on Till fairly soon after he was bit is what made the difference. Or maybe the halfling race's innate resistance versus poison had some benefit or modifier of some kind? Well, at least both of the scrolls weren't wasted!

I would vote for falling back to Melissa's slice and seeing what she could do for Yosef and the party in general moving forward. IMNSHO, we're doing her waay more of a service than she is for us. Either that or Yosef falls back before he passes out and you guys continue without him... :evil:
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#265 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote:You know, I was thinking about how time might have made the difference. Maybe the fact that Bruard cast the spell on Till fairly soon after he was bit is what made the difference. Or maybe the halfling race's innate resistance versus poison had some benefit or modifier of some kind? Well, at least both of the scrolls weren't wasted!
Yes, I thought that too, but was under the impression that Yosef was doing okay with the bite, and that Till's bite seemed worse. I dunno. I hope this wasn't because I wasn't paying close attention. Hopefully it will sort out and we can cure Yosef and move on.

Flambeaux
Strider
Strider

#266 Post by Flambeaux »

Woulda, coulda, shoulda...no more helpful in gaming than IRL. ;)

Next time we come back, we bring a flamethrower. 8-)

"Smell that? You smell that?"..."Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#267 Post by Alethan »

Bloody rats...

Alright, everyone. Time to brainstorm. What have we got that we can use to deal with these rats? Or what kind of plan ideas does anyone have? Start throwing them out there...

Too bad we could never figure out those stick bundles... I bet we could put them to good use right about now.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#268 Post by ToniXX »

Maybe we could draw them out with some cheese.

Sorry.

But seriously, maybe they could be drawn out? But if their leader is there, they'll probably stick with him. Hmmmm Do we have a necklace of fireball beads?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by Argennian »

Although Yosef never went in the tunnel to see where it went (or any potential light at the other end), he's pretty sure it must lead outside somewhere at some point. Sure would be awesome to catch this rat king bastard climbing out of a pile of rubble and shrelp him!

It would be good to be able to come at them from more than one direction, if possible. Regardless, I still think we need to keep eyes at the temple door so we don't get surprised or miss a chance to catch him fleeing if we can flush him out!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#270 Post by Alethan »

I thought the druid said the tunnels stretch under the entire city... who knows if this is just a hide-y hole or the beginning of a tunnel that goes on and on and on...

Any thoughts or ideas, Dave? Greg?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#271 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:I thought the druid said the tunnels stretch under the entire city... who knows if this is just a hide-y hole or the beginning of a tunnel that goes on and on and on...

Any thoughts or ideas, Dave? Greg?
I'm an action thread or two behind still.... but am working to catch up quickly. For now, without being certain what situation we're facing, I get the impression we're dealing with rats. Greg, I'm guessing you threw out the cheese lure idea in jest, but iron rations may actually contain some hard cheese. ;)

Bottom line, Jeloon will be fully behind any plan that seeks to destroy the vermin, but will go along with whatever the majority decides.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#272 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:I'm an action thread or two behind still.... but am working to catch up quickly. For now, without being certain what situation we're facing, I get the impression we're dealing with rats. Greg, I'm guessing you threw out the cheese lure idea in jest, but iron rations may actually contain some hard cheese. ;)

Bottom line, Jeloon will be fully behind any plan that seeks to destroy the vermin, but will go along with whatever the majority decides.
Yessss.... we're kind of stuck on the plan bit, which is why I'm asking for ideas. :)

Situation: Rat king down a hole. Till can get through the tunnels squatting but everyone else is probably hands and knees. Rats are blocking the path ahead. So we need to either figure out how to kill the rats or how to clear them out. Unfortunately, we have very little by way of AOE, including any methods that include oil/fire.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#273 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Yessss.... we're kind of stuck on the plan bit, which is why I'm asking for ideas.
I just finished action thread 13 and am working on 14 now, so still a bit behind. I did get caught up on the discussion with Melissa, though, which was really helpful.

The timing of my hiatus couldn't have been worse, eh? Things were just starting to get exciting!

I will catch up as quickly as possible. I do know that Jeloon has a magical long sword (she does still have it, right?) and is more than willing to lead any brute force attacks since, as you stated, we don't have any AOE options. I obviously have more catching up to do, but I know what Jeloon's initial (still not completely informed) thoughts are:

Forget cheese... let's give this were-rat some steel instead! ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#274 Post by dmw71 »

dmw71 wrote:I will catch up as quickly as possible.
I'm actually up-to-speed.

I have a PM out to Ron to verify Jeloon's current hit point total and whether or not a saving throw is still required for her most recent bite attack.

I'll consider the current situation and provide some feedback/suggestions soon.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by Argennian »

I know we haven't visited this thread in awhile but thought we should all be on the same page regarding our assault on Zone 4, since we'd been planning it for so long IC and OOC...

- Did we ever agree as a party on a plan of entry?
- Are we (the 4 PCs) climbing the rope and moving on the tower or are we going to split up and try to hit them from the walkway and the front door?

I thought we had discussed Till making a S&S (silent & stealthy) reconnoiter on the tower via the walkway and then returning with a report so we could make a plan, but in looking back, it seems that was simply Yosef's recommendation and no one ever responded with a yea or nay, IC or OOC.

FWIW, I don't want to retcon anything here, just thought that at least IC, we'd all be on the same page. :)

Oh and couple questions for Al:

Q1: does Yosef still have Till's silver dagger?

Q2: does Till still have Yosef's Bracers of Armour, AC+2?

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#276 Post by Alethan »

I assumed Till handed the bracers back. Yosef can keep the dagger. In fact, I think we might have a spare Dagger +1 at this point. Didn't we pull one off a body hung up in spider webs? If so, then it is up for grabs.

Thought we decided NOT to split the party since there are only four of us. So... Till climbs up, drops the rope, the others follow. First we take the tower, then open it from below and let in the hirelings so they can secure it. Then we go into the sector.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#277 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Thought we decided NOT to split the party since there are only four of us. So... Till climbs up, drops the rope, the others follow. First we take the tower, then open it from below and let in the hirelings so they can secure it. Then we go into the sector.
This is what I thought.

My question, about the width of the top of the wall, was because Jeloon planned on following Till up and providing cover from the higher vantage point if the space would allow it (which, apparently, it will).
-- Project --
-- DM --

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:I assumed Till handed the bracers back. Yosef can keep the dagger. In fact, I think we might have a spare Dagger +1 at this point. Didn't we pull one off a body hung up in spider webs? If so, then it is up for grabs.
Noted, & just wanted to be sure!

And Yosef would be happy to equip a +1 dagger if we do in fact have an unclaimed spare. If that's the case, perhaps Eyman could take Till's silver one?
Alethan wrote:Thought we decided NOT to split the party since there are only four of us. So... Till climbs up, drops the rope, the others follow. First we take the tower, then open it from below and let in the hirelings so they can secure it. Then we go into the sector.
And that's cool with me, Ethan. When we had the original IC discussion about not splitting up the party, it was when Yosef had proposed the possibility of making a two-pronged attack over the inner wall between the the goblin slice & Zone 3, not in how the party was going to take the tower. Those details were never confirmed. Hence my posting here to be absolutely sure I was understanding the plan going forward. ;)

Guess I also thought that Till was going to take a stealthy peek in the tower before anyone else climbed up on the wall, but in rereading the action thread again, it seems it was merely a proposed suggestion Yosef made and never agreed upon by Till or anyone else IC. So yeah, I'm cool and finally on the same page! :)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#279 Post by Alethan »

Yosef is cautious.

Till is... not.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#280 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:Yosef is cautious.

Till is... not.
Ha! True that! Lol

We are talking about Till "The Solo Ogre Killer" 8-)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”