Adrift into a Strange Land

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Adrift into a Strange Land

#81 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch, still dazzled by last night's realisation of a possible wolven pantheon, goes back to marvelling at the surroundings. So many believers, so many faithless! It's gotta be.....an omen!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#82 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Garrett "Names Garret Fisher, from Westmarch, though I travel a lot as a wanderer of sorts."

Svent "Hello yes my name is Svent Copperleaf Half Elven from Spiritus Stagnum."
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Tue May 13, 2014 2:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Calen speaks to baruch in elven, "Not necessary." He then steps up to Dola to answer her in common, "Calen." He says nothing else and gives her an even look that implies that nothing else will be said.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#84 Post by GreyWolfVT »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Calen speaks to baruch in elven, "Not necessary." He then steps up to Dola to answer her in common, "Calen." He says nothing else and gives her an even look that implies that nothing else will be said.

Svent "no no his name is Calen last name is Dar" he chuckles afterwards.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#85 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch intones: "Baruch Flayhand, son of Elfsburg, follower of Guth. Faith unites the believers."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by MonkeyWrench »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
MonkeyWrench wrote:Calen speaks to baruch in elven, "Not necessary." He then steps up to Dola to answer her in common, "Calen." He says nothing else and gives her an even look that implies that nothing else will be said.

Svent "no no his name is Calen last name is Dar" he chuckles afterwards.
Calen does not laugh nor does he comment, not caring what they put his last name down as.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#87 Post by Dizlexus »

The Queen

Dola takes the information offered. Before Titus can show the party a room, Sanu is approaching the party in the company of a beautiful woman in her mid 20's. Her dress is simple, even peasant like.
She smiles warmly and speaks: Sanu told me you gentlemen had an unfortunate encounter with Oriental merchants. Would you gentlemen be so kind as to join me for lunch and avail me of your experience? Oh, pardon me, I almost forgot, I'm Regenia.

Regenia calls a man down from the wall, Montego! Won't you join us for lunch.

The Queen leads the party to a small palace within the keep walls.
The party enters to find that the Queen's palace is also a triage unit. People move people on stretchers. Bloody bandages are carted out, fresh ones in. The priestesses of Ilmatar scurry about with salves and potions.

The queen takes you to a dining room.
And she goes about serving you lunch by herself.

As she moves about the room, partitioning a loaf of bread, serving portions of cold fried chicken, she begins to ask questions:

Sanu tells me that you gentleman drifted in from an Oriental vessel?

Was the ship a slaver's ship or a merchant vessel? Do you know what they were going to do with you?
With a grin she asks: How was their food?

Montego is the party's new ranger to be played by Ogre Mage. He's almost ready, so I got him in the room.
All GMs are evil.
What foulness goads your laughter? (Pulpatoon, 03/26/14)

GreyWolfVT

#88 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Svent to the Queen "Well your majesty it was a slaver ship. We were to be slaves, but they encountered some trouble and had to get rid of some of us. So the dumped us off in a leaky boat, but were kind enough to return our things. They pointed to land and said row that way then left."

Garrett to the Queen "Well the food was terrible. I think prison's server better food than slavers to be honest."

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#89 Post by KingOfCowards »

Titus will assist the Queen in serving the food. It's one thing for her to serve the guests, but he's not about to let his queen work while he is being waited upon.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Calen says nothing, instead he begins eating the food provided.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#91 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dizlexus wrote:The Queen

Montego is the party's new ranger to be played by Ogre Mage. He's almost ready, so I got him in the room.
Sheet is complete (except backstory wich I will finish when I get a little more info) and ready for your approval. I equipped with mostly small stuff but I wasn't sure if you're using strict encumbrance rules, so it might have to be amended a bit.

I specialized in a 2 handed sword and have a composite long bow and 2 daggers.

Am I set up to post yet? I didn't see the reply box on there.

WTH? This was supposed to be a PM. (?)

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#92 Post by Dizlexus »

LOL, welcome to the group OM

Please post our new ranger in the character sheet thread. Montego comes from somewhere in Tessera and is a Regenia loyalist.

The Tessera map has allot of new detail.
All GMs are evil.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#93 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thanks Diz!
Background is complete. (tell me what you think)
Now I will stop mucking up the IC thread too.

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#94 Post by Dizlexus »

The Queen's Bold Proposition

Gentlemen
, she says to the 4 castaways. I could help arrange for your eventual return home. I, however, have a bold proposition.

She takes a deep breath and continues:

I am short of fighting men at present and Sanu told me that when you fought the Crabmen you were fierce.

Add to that, this quiet fellow here, Calen; he has the love of Aruman, the Wolf God -- the God of Protection. I can feel it upon him. Aruman has been at work here recently, you see, he is attracted to war and wishes to defend the innocent. I suppose the same could be said about Calen.

I wish for you gentlemen to join my friends, Mon[T]ego, Titus, and Sanu on a trip to a mysterious place called The Fortress of Horace Woo.

There might be something there
. That something might be my only hope of survival - the kingdom's only chance to remain free.

It would be dangerous. You would have to move through a war zone -- much of it occupied by Merit's forces.

Would you be willing to take the risk? To perform a good deed and secure a small fortune?

All GMs are evil.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Calen looks at the Queen, thinking for a moment, "Makes sense, I follow war as well. War is here, then that is why I am here. Tell me where to go and what to do, it will get done." He continues to eat the food without another word.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#96 Post by OGRE MAGE »

MonTego looks a little saddened at the mispronunciation of his proud name by his queen. :cry:

:lol: (thanks)
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Tue May 13, 2014 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT

#97 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Garrett "I could care less to go back to any home. I am more of a wanderer. I was travelling before I recall ending up on that slave ship. I have no objections to helping you out this fortress might hold something? What exactly is this something if I might ask?"

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch: "With the faithful, among the faithless, we will gladly go."

From Baruch's backpack, a muffled: "Chirp!"

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#99 Post by KingOfCowards »

Titus nods at each volunteer in turn. But he has similar concerns to that of Garrett, "Do we know the location of this fortress? What is the object that we are looking for and what does it do?

GreyWolfVT

#100 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Svent just out loud to no one in general "I agree it would make sense if we had all of the information that there is to be had before we partake of this quest." he then stuffs some more food into his mouth.

Return to “A People Divided (1e)”