OOC

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC

#61 Post by Agnati »

Rhourk wrote:Right so challenge rating should be much lower HD. A challenge rating five creature alone should challenge a group of 5th level characters, right?
4 x lvl5 PCs, correct (at least that's how I read it)
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#62 Post by Johnny Champion »

Rhourk wrote:Right so challenge rating should be much lower HD. A challenge rating five creature alone should challenge a group of 5th level characters, right?
I think I read that it is based upon a party of 4 vs 1 monster. So a monster with a CR1 will be an equal match for a 1st level party of 4. I thought the CR was only to help DMs gauge the power of a monster, not used in the mechanics of spells where HD were once used. But then again, I have not read the PHB yet. Looking forward to doing so.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#63 Post by Johnny Champion »

I was not as prepared last night as I usually like to be, but it is helpful to have as much feedback on this message board. It does provide ideas for me as well based upon the PC's plans.

Couple of items:
1. We need to get Fred on US because 25-50% of the role playing and PC development occurs here.
2. Agnati: Get the mini's organized
3. George: Add some additional content to the Tale of Salzburgr. That was your assignment :)

-C

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#64 Post by Rhourk »

Johnny Champion wrote:
I think I read that it is based upon a party of 4 vs 1 monster. So a monster with a CR1 will be an equal match for a 1st level party of 4. I thought the CR was only to help DMs gauge the power of a monster, not used in the mechanics of spells where HD were once used. But then again, I have not read the PHB yet. Looking forward to doing so.
The instance of an actual mechanic that uses CR is "Destroy Undead". It used to be that any undead successfully turned by a cleric that had less than 5 times the clerics level in HPs was destroyed. Now it goes by CR and it goes up at set points based on the clerics level.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#65 Post by Agnati »

Rhourk wrote:
Johnny Champion wrote:
The instance of an actual mechanic that uses CR is "Destroy Undead". It used to be that any undead successfully turned by a cleric that had less than 5 times the clerics level in HPs was destroyed. Now it goes by CR and it goes up at set points based on the clerics level.
And the Druid spells that summon can only summon like one creature of CR1 or lower, and can be devided up by as many as 8 creatures of CR 1/8, as displayed last night. Also, the alternative Ranger path to the Hunter (which Rickul has) is the Best Master that let's me pick any beast CR 1/2 or lower to fight by my side. I would assume summon spells by Sorcer, Warlock, & Wizard behave the same.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#66 Post by Tungsten »

I've gotta brush up on this stuff. I just got a Conjure Minor Elemental spell.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#67 Post by Tungsten »

DM your assignment is to assign values to all of the Community Chest items that you have been ignoring for over a month now. DM: Completed!
AND to fill in the blanks as to the contents of Dacul's Spellbook. DM: Tomorrow!

I'll add some content to Salzburgr. DM: I just added it: http://caldaera.pbworks.com/w/page/84661903/Salzburgr

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#68 Post by Agnati »

Chris,
A couple weeks ago, you mentioned that our PCs were high-enough level that we didn't need to seek out a trainer to level up. Is there still a gp charge incurred for gaining levels at this point? Obviously if near gear/spells are attained probably would, but can you flush out your thoughts on this for the different classes?

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Death and Dying: Clarification

#69 Post by Johnny Champion »

Rule Discussion:

In campaigns in which I DM, I have adjusted the rules on Death, Dying and Stabilization slightly. This should not be a surprise as we have played this already.

If a PC dies:

* PC must pass a System Shock Roll. A success occurs on a roll 3d6 below the PC's Constitution score. This is not new and occurred for Kaleb and Tungsten already.
* If the PC requires a Resurrection Spell, an additional System Shock Roll must be made.
* A valuable gem, artifact, magic weapon is normally necessary as an offering and Resurrection requires a gift of higher value.
* The PC will have a 1 point reduction in a random ability score (1d6: S=1,I=2,W=3,D=4,C=5,Ch=6). No exceptions.

If a PC goes to 0 HPs and is healed (Normal D&D 5th ed rules apply along with):

* Must wait 1d4+2 rounds recuperating. Effectively Stunned.
* Can't attack and attacks against are at ADVANTAGE, Automatically fail ST(dx).
* After recuperating rounds are complete; PC at DISADVANTAGE on attacks but can defend normally (Attacks against no longer at ADVANTAGE).

The spell Revivify eliminates the need for a System Shock and Gift Offering. However, since the PC is actually dead, even for only a few rounds or minutes, the Ability Score Loss is still in effect.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#70 Post by Johnny Champion »

Agnati wrote:Chris,
A couple weeks ago, you mentioned that our PCs were high-enough level that we didn't need to seek out a trainer to level up. Is there still a gp charge incurred for gaining levels at this point? Obviously if near gear/spells are attained probably would, but can you flush out your thoughts on this for the different classes?
CHRIS: The setting you are in does not have a huge contingent of high level NPCs for your powerful PCs to train along with. This may have been an oversight on my part but I don't like adding high level NPCs at this point just for the purpose of training. So the thought is that the PCs can commune with others of their class and train together or gather inspiration to move up in levels.

Maybe next campaign will flesh this out more.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#71 Post by Tungsten »

I logged onto to US and it said the MOOKI was ONLINE. Hi Fred we are so glad you made it!!!!!

Almost had a heart attack!!!

Return to “Black Obsidian: D&D Next”