Square One

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Square One

#21 Post by Magnus »

NB: Eulalios recognizes this room from his scouting. I realize that he has not posted yet, but let's assume that he spoke up right away so that we do not have to RP out identifying the room.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by drpete »

Ok, makes sense.. Given what we can see, its not clear we could tell what happened to the giants without knowing how we got here, so i'm sort of hoping our benefactor will explain, so we can know if they are right outside, which they would be if this was just teleporting and healing us more than wanting to rp out the reveal that we are in the treasure room. From what I can tell, this might be a different day, even (aside from the header).
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by NJWilliam »

Antheris

Antheris moves to the corner furthest from the yellow mold, fishes his barrel of ale out of his handy haversack, plops it down and takes a seat on it.
"I don't think we need to scout, we need to be quiet, set a watch, and search these containers for traps.
"I am concerned about that mold should we be forced to fight something in here, however."
Last edited by NJWilliam on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#24 Post by Sulara »

Niamah moves to the container furthest from the mold raising an eyebrow she checks the chest for traps and to see if it is locked, she deals with each chest in the same manner.. Staying as far away from the mold as she can.

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Magnus »

What is the rest of the party doing while Nia is searching?

Looking at the rules, it is going to take ~90 minutes for her to search.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by NJWilliam »

Antheris

Antheris pours an ale and brings the immediate area up to a comfortable temperature.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by drpete »

"Should we burn off the mold, or do you think that will make it unbearable in here?"

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by NJWilliam »

Antheris

"The smoke might be bad and might alert others nearby. I believe a light spell will temporarily render it harmless though."

Antheris moves closer to the containers Niamah is working on and waits to open them in turn as the thief renders them safe.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Eulalios

#29 Post by Eulalios »

Lorath (puzzled)

"Listen ... I think this ... might ... be ... the room next to the stairs, just next where the giants were. But I don't know where they went.

"I've stopped being aethereal, that may mean at least an hour or so has passed, but I'm still floating, so it's been less than two hours.
"

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by drpete »

Ethan ponders...We breached the giants' defenses, and the ghasts were on the attack, so with an hour, the battle between them would be decided. Could be the messenger's horrors out there, or nothing. Gaerys, still want to have a look? I think that's our best bet while Niamah inspects the treasure... With Hollis and Tybalt ready to assist.
Last edited by drpete on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Zhym »

Gaerys is still fighting off disorientation and disbelief after his near-death experience. Has everyone really moved on so quickly from wondering what the hell just happened? Maybe they're used to sudden anonymous rescues, if that's what this was, but for Gaerys it's unprecedented and more than a little unnerving.

He finally notices that Ethan is talking to him. "Scouting. Yeah. Probably the best way to figure out what the devil is going on here. But let me try something first. Maybe we don't need to spend an hour and a half in this room."

Gaerys stands near the entrance to the room, facing inward. He pulls some mistletoe out of a pocket and casts detect magic.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by saalaria »

"I for one want to know whats going on, how we got here and where we are! Does anyone know?"
Hollis waits for a minute then walks to the doorway to look through.

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#33 Post by Sulara »

Without turning from her task Niamah says quietly "A Ranger does know that some magics can trigger some traps when cast, yes?"

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by Todd Spengo »

Tybalt continues to watch the position, on guard for any intrusions.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by Computer +1 »

Vorsyin nods in agreement with Hollis. I too want to know how we arrived here! If one of us is not responsible then we must consider an outside force is at work. The result appears positive at this time but it is a dangerously unknown factor.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by drpete »

Detecting magic is a good idea, despite the risk. Lets focus on magical treasure, and information. Chests of gold will slow us down at this point, unless we're ready to haul it back. Do any of these look like they might hold papers? I'm not sure... Can we scry beyond the door, or sense the flesh eaters before we open the door and alert them we are here?

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#37 Post by Sulara »

Niamah shakes her head"Now is not time for a people to be reckless, treasure takes many forms in the world, many not magic...keys, books, information, maps to name but a few. A people have a quest to destroy the evil. Some things require time and calm.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Zhym »

"I thought I knew some things, but that was before my dying ass was pulled out of a fight by I know not what. Now, I know nothing."

Gaerys continues casting.

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#39 Post by Sulara »

Niamah steps back from the chests "A ranger is brash with others life and will..he does not allow a woman to use her few skills in the way she feels best." Turning to Gaerys she continues "a ranger feels he knows best, please continue and open them as well, use the knowledge and skills you have." Niamah moves towards the doorway.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Zhym »

"Use your skills the way you want," Gaerys counters after he has finished casting. "Please accord me the same courtesy."

Return to “Against the Giants (OSRIC)”