Square One

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Square One

#81 Post by Sulara »

"Magic armor worn by a high Valyerian Spellsword, it would be wise if a people let one like that see where the armor best serves...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by Computer +1 »

Have you all forgotten how we got to this room? Are you all so eager to forget that we have no idea what happened? We were close to the brink because we once again failed to work together and think before we acted!

I will not venture further until we figure out how we came to this place. What was the cost? Who did this magic?

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Party Treasure

#83 Post by saalaria »

"We can indeed press on I agree, but be aware I have used all my major healing magic for the day so my ability to keep us hale and hearty is limited. I too am strongly in favour of understanding who...or what... Our benefactor was."
Hollis shifts around, uncomfortably.

"I am also concious we have been here a long time - isn't it time a scout went out? Not far - just to determine any threat in the immediate area."

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#84 Post by Sulara »

"And how do a people propose they find this out, have you a spell, some magic to scry the god or good fortune that brought us here and healed us, perhaps shout louder to demand from the walls and heavens that it be revealed to us?" Niamah scoffs "A woman thanks the ways or ones that made this happen and would use this to a peoples advantage."

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#85 Post by Computer +1 »

If it wasn't one of us then we have an extremely powerful outside force to deal with. Removing us in the way that it did would require more powerful magic then I could counter. This time the effect was beneficial, what about next time. He looks at the others, I do not trust in anything that I do not know. Fighting am army of giants and the ancient evil are enough of a worry without another uncontrolled force around us. To ignore it is folly.

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#86 Post by Sulara »

"Again I ask how does a Mage propose to do this, whatever form it may take for him, a woman asks he does it quickly so a people can move forward." Niamah looks at the box that poisoned her to try to determine if the trap reset or if it is now safe to pick. She also looks more closely at the blade trap trying to determine how the blade functions .

She is trying to see if it is set to remove the hand or stab the person picking or if it seems set to fly from the box and out.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Zhym »

Gaerys, still having trouble getting over the recent miraculous rescue, continues to support Vorsyin's efforts to find out more about it before venturing onward. "If no one here can shed light on the question, perhaps the Maester at the Fist could help. He may have access to knowledge or skills we lack."

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by Computer +1 »

I would move to the Fist and consult with the Maester, the Lord Commander, have Antheris contact the Children for answer, search the libraries, seek answers through divination or do anything else we could to find the answer before we blindly move forward!! Vorsyin hisses through clenched teeth.

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by Magnus »

+100 minutes

Nia feels a searing pain in her arm and then quickly collapses from the effects of the fast-acting poison. Antheris jumps to the aid of Nia when he sees her fall. His magic, however, is ineffective and Niamah continues to convulse in agony. relieves Niamah from the effects of the toxins in her blood.

Nia and Antheris...don't jump the gun again!

However, in the minute or so between the time it took Antheris to observe Nia, get up, and cast his spell, the fast-acting hemotoxic venom in the needle had damaged the flesh in her arm.

Niamah - 5 damage!

Nia wakes, collects herself, and joins in the debate as to the party's next moves. She, and Antheris, as well as Ethan, favor pushing on aggressively to destroy the "evil" that has corrupted the Steading, likely mindful of the stern warnings that the Maester and Crowseye each gave them. Gaerys, Hollis, and Vorsyin advocate for regrouping at the Fist and trying to achieve a better understanding of the rather dramatic turn of events this day.

The party also debates who should wear the newfound armor. Ethan, the wise and experienced warrior, advocates for it to be given to a front-line fighter...perhaps remembering the dozens of severe wounds that he, Gaerys, and Tybalt have taken...as recently as two hours ago. Niamah advocates for it to be worn by the well-armored and oft-levitating party sniper.

I recommend that you all have a vote to quickly settle the debates.

Hollis also wisely reminds the party that the clock may be ticking on their relative safety, and recommends that the party send a scout to observe their immediate surroundings.

Nia then takes a second look at the trap that almost killed her. She sees that it is sprung, and the chest is ready for her to try and open. She also looks at the scythe trap that she had found earlier and determines that a blade will strike from the box in an effort to dismember the unlucky victim.

Fair Warning: I am strictly enforcing the "if it is not on your sheet, you do not have it" rule ... this goes for borrowed items as well.

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#90 Post by Sulara »

Niamah turns her attention to Ethan for a moment"Good warrior a woman understands the need of a sword for powerful armor her thoughts are that as the box said this armor was worn by a Spellsword perhaps it would enhance a Spellsword magic perhaps it would make them stronger." Niamah glances up "All a woman suggested was that perhaps the Mage can tell these things and if better on him give his armor to a fighter, those are my thoughts."

"If a people want scouting done A woman will scout, we know traps were set before..pulling her googles down she asks "Scout quickly?" she attempts to pick the lock on the disarmed box.

The items Loaned to Niamah have been on her sheet since she got them.
Last edited by Sulara on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Zhym »

Gaerys silently counts heads. "Lorath, Ser Tybalt: it seems to be down to you. Do we press forward in our miraculously restored condition, or do we regroup in an effort to understand that miracle?" Gaerys only hopes the two of them agree with each other.

"As to the question of the armor, with all respect to Lorath, he is no more entitled to everything from Valyria than I am entitled to anything painted black. The armor should go to a front-line fighter. It is too bulky for me, but either Ser Tybalt or Ethan could use it and benefit the party. Ethan has not yet received a major magical item from our group spoils, as I recall, and Ser Tybalt appears to be the only one of us other than Marcus without magical armor. I would let them decide between themselves who has greater need of this fine armor."

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#92 Post by Sulara »

"The evil grows stronger every day..did not your leaders at the fist tell you this? Time is short..

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by Computer +1 »

Then go scout or take the evil on by yourself while the rest of us decide what is best for the group is Vorsyins terse reply while waiting for an answer from Lorath and Ser Tybalt.

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#94 Post by Sulara »

Niamah openly laughs at the Mage "Yes action is not an old mans strong point, is it...and much like him I have no intention of engaging in a battle.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by drpete »

"Please shut up. We are still in enemy territory.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

#96 Post by Magnus »

110 Minutes

Gaerys steps in as the voice of reason and calls a vote as to the group's next course of action.

Niamah re-stokes the fire of debate and Vorsyin is happy to bite. The remainder of the group stays quiet, realizing that further debate once a vote is called only raises counter-productive tensions. Indeed, Ethan assertively silences the group by reminding everyone that their safety is only temporary, at best.

Consider this an OOC warning as well. Things have turned a little testy in this thread, and I can tell that it is more than just RP at work.

In addition, if Lorath or Tybalt do not vote by ~5 Pacific tonight, I will step in and NPC their votes.

The armor seems to be Ethan's for the asking.

Nia pops the lock and opens the chest, finding roughly 1,000 tiny gems of mediocre quality. She estimates that each is worth a gold piece or so each.

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#97 Post by Todd Spengo »

Tybalt says quietly, "I am disturbed by our new circumstance. We do not yet know where we are. Are we truly still in our enemy's hold or somewhere else made to look like it? I would like to know if the Fist exists here and what it is like. I do not trust my eyes yet. I say we do what exploring we may while opening a way out to the Fist. We will still need a strong point to camp and our resources, unlike our strength, is not fully restored."

He pauses. "As to the armor, it would be a boon to whomever should wear it. While it would aid me, I will not take from those who are worthy and have labored longer."

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by NJWilliam »

Antheris

"Fine. Fine." Antheris drains his ale.
"After I saved Gaerys's life, I beseeched the Old Gods and we were placed here.
"I don't intend to so impress on them a second time."
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Eulalios

#99 Post by Eulalios »

Lorath grimaces. "Maybe it's my time in that cursed cell, but all this talking talking talking sometimes confuses me. Look, you front line fighters pick who gets the armor, right? Let's only hope it doesn't bite you for not being Valyerian."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Zhym »

"I don't understand," thinks Gaerys aloud. He feels like he knows little more than he knew before. "That's it? You asked the old gods to help and they reached down—or is it 'up' with the old gods? 'Over?'—and plucked us out of our peril? By what means did you beseech them? How do you know it was you? I suspect you weren't the only one praying at that moment! Why then, and not before? We've been in dire situations before this one. Why expend a healing spell on me just before everyone was about to be healed? That seems like a waste of a spell. Most of all: why keep it a secret when many of us were clearly disoriented by the experience?"

Gaerys thinks on what he knows of the old gods. Are they the type to deliver salvation without demanding something in return? Somehow, he thinks not. Old gods are often of the sacrifice-your-firstborn type...

Return to “Against the Giants (OSRIC)”