The Mouth of DOOOOM

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: The Mouth of DOOOOM

#101 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jinx continues his strategic retreat.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Grognardsw »

Grognardsw wrote:Logan, fighter

"By St. Cuthbert's cock, a cube of death!" curses Logan, leaping back and away. The veteran dungeoneer sees the bones inside the strange creature and figures it must absorb its victims. "Scatter!"

Logan backsteps to the northeast door while firing his bow at it.

Short bow 2 arrows - THACO 17 - [1d20+1] = 6+1 = 7, [1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13, damage [1d6] = 1, [1d6] = 5
Does the second arrow hit and appear to do damage?
Logan looks to see if his arrows actually hurt the strange cube. If so, he fires off a few more shots.

And yells to whoever has the torch: "Light the oil!"

Short bow 2 arrows - THACO 17 - [1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21, [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10, damage [1d6] = 4, [1d6] = 6 First a critical.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#103 Post by Dogma »

Otikas runs a mental checklist of his spells while retreating. Charm person...hmmm...probably not much use...defiitley not a person and most likely not much of a mind to work with. No that won't do at all. that leaves the Web spell. The wizards eyes the bulk of the approaching cube and decides that it probably would be of no practical use also.

"No, no, that wouldn't help at all. Most definitely no help I must say."he mutters aloud to himself. For a moment his face brightens and he grabs a dart from his belt. His face falls again as he compares the size of the dart to the large cube of living goo. Shaking his head he replaced the dart on his belt and continues his retreat.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#104 Post by Blazeguard »

If no one has a torch handy Wolf will attempt to light the oil with his flint and steel and then hightail it out of there. (If someone else lights the oil he will simply retreat)

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#105 Post by Distorted Humor »

(OOC: Must say that I was surprised on how much this one made everyone run, not that it is a bad idea. I am the deputy Project leader for a Long Range plan, and we have our last public meeting on Thursday. Then I will have a lot of time to dedicate to this game. Thank you for your Patience.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#106 Post by Distorted Humor »

Blazeguard wrote:If no one has a torch handy Wolf will attempt to light the oil with his flint and steel and then hightail it out of there. (If someone else lights the oil he will simply retreat)
(Note, Normally I would ask for a Roll, but for time sake I will roll)

The spark is small, but it catches, as the flame grows suddenly toward the cube and then the oil engulfs the cube. (Please roll 1d6 damage)

The party flees before the flameing cube of doom, though you see the edges slowly crisp as it moves forward, as the fire IS doing some damage to the cube.

as a note, the cube is gaining on the party, and will reach the party unless the party turns heel and runs, It is faster then your "backing up" speed.... it is about 10 feet away from the front of the party now.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Grognardsw »

Grognardsw wrote:
Grognardsw wrote:Logan, fighter

"By St. Cuthbert's cock, a cube of death!" curses Logan, leaping back and away. The veteran dungeoneer sees the bones inside the strange creature and figures it must absorb its victims. "Scatter!"

Logan backsteps to the northeast door while firing his bow at it.

Short bow 2 arrows - THACO 17 - [1d20+1] = 6+1 = 7, [1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13, damage [1d6] = 1, [1d6] = 5
Does the second arrow hit and appear to do damage?
Logan looks to see if his arrows actually hurt the strange cube. If so, he fires off a few more shots.

And yells to whoever has the torch: "Light the oil!"

Short bow 2 arrows - THACO 17 - [1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21, [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10, damage [1d6] = 4, [1d6] = 6 First a critical.
Did Logan's arrows hit? One was a critical.
There are two exits from the room, which way is the cube going?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#108 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jinx once in the main portion of the cave where the many doors were he will stop his retreat.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#109 Post by Distorted Humor »

[quote="Grognardsw"][/quote]

My bad, and for catching DM error, I will add 2 to each hit.

Both arrows hit to surpising damage, but it keeps slithering forward. between the fire and the well placed arrows, it appears to be hurt.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#110 Post by Dogma »

"That's the spirit lads! I think we've hurt it and will soon have it on the run , I must say! Keep on now, have it at! Yes indeed, we'll soon have it done for!" cries Otikas as he continues to push his sway to the back to the group.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Grognardsw »

Logan runs at full speed down the east corridor, into the empty room, then down the south west corridor. There he prepares to fire arrows. As most others seem to be running straight south into the room with many doors, Logan hopes the cubel follow there.
If Logan sees the cube trajectory turn to my south west direction, he'll forego arrows and run.
Short bow 2 arrows - THACO 17 - [1d20+1] = 6+1 = 7, [1d20+1] = 1+1 = 2, damage [1d6] = 6, [1d6] = 4

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#112 Post by Todd Spengo »

Theron continues to move back towards the first room. "Perhaps we can lure it into one of the pit traps?"

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#113 Post by Blazeguard »

Distorted Humor wrote:The spark is small, but it catches, as the flame grows suddenly toward the cube and then the oil engulfs the cube. (Please roll 1d6 damage)

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#114 Post by Distorted Humor »

Blazeguard wrote:
Distorted Humor wrote:The spark is small, but it catches, as the flame grows suddenly toward the cube and then the oil engulfs the cube. (Please roll 1d6 damage)
I assume you are running with the rest of the party... let me know within 24 hours if you are not.

Will be updating tomorrow after that clarification.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#115 Post by Blazeguard »

Yes, as soon as the oil catches, i am out of there.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#116 Post by Distorted Humor »

Blazeguard wrote:Yes, as soon as the oil catches, i am out of there.

The battle is now in the room that is listed as "empty" Logan preps more arrows as the rest of the party races to the first room. The fire is still burning and doing some damage, but it is about out.

The Cube goes after Logan, and misses, but now has cut him off from the rest of the party.

Attached is a rough map of what is going on at the tactical level.

1 in six chance that the cube would go after logan, and the dice role didn't go well for him. - DM
Attachments
battle.jpg
battle.jpg (39.32 KiB) Viewed 722 times

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#117 Post by Distorted Humor »

As been pointed out, I put logan in the wrong corner and there is a exit behind him. The cube is still chasing him.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#118 Post by Darkmane »

I'll toss a spear at the blob, perhaps we can get it to chase us again!

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Grognardsw »

Logan, fighter

"Fuck!" Seeing the cube of gelatinous death veer in his direction, Logan yells "Guys! Kill it from behind!" and runs at full speed down the southwest passageway to stay ahead of the slower blob. He yanks out his grapple rope while running.

HereticalOne
Scout
Scout

#120 Post by HereticalOne »

Since the arrows seemed to damage this thing, Ushnab will start firing arrows into it.

OOC: I Rolled six shots for use by DM, as you see fit:

One: To Hit With Short Bow: [1d20] = 6, damage: [1d6] = 2

Two: To Hit With Short Bow: [1d20] = 15, damage: [1d6] = 2

Three: To Hit With Short Bow: [1d20] = 10, damage: [1d6] = 4

Four: To Hit With Short Bow: [1d20] = 1, damage: [1d6] = 6

Five: To Hit With Short Bow: [1d20] = 5, damage: [1d6] = 1

Six: To Hit With Short Bow: [1d20] = 14, damage: [1d6] = 6

Not the best results, but it ought to help some...I hope. :roll:
I don't have a signature thingy.

Return to “Delving into Rappan Athuk”