The Descent

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Descent

#1021 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As the group discusses the book Gregorius howls from behind them. "DAMN YOU TO THE DEEPEST PIT OF THE HELLS! INFERNAL DEMON!!" As the others quickly spin around they see the overly stressed and frustrated cleric bashing the bed posts into oblivion. Once he is done he stands there breathing heavy, talking to no one in particular, "We have bested the spawn that have claimed this place, we have destroyed a servant of darkness only to find it is a young woman, not even old enough to enjoy her life, we are battered and bruised, the implications of this place darkens the air and makes my heart heavy... and now.. and now to top everything... this bed gives me a splinter." The cleric breathes in deeply and exhales, looking up at the ceiling of the cavern, "My friends, I am tired and bruised. We are done here, let us head back and report our success... if we can truly call it that."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#1022 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "How do we know we are indeed entirely done here?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1023 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Gregorius looks around, his eyes tired. He sighs once more and lightly nods his head, "Of course you right my friend... These past battles and trial have drained me. I should be more vigilant in the face of evil, let us properly check before leaving."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1024 Post by wolfpack »

where do you want to go

GreyWolfVT

#1025 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Not sure I need to try and locate the last map update page. :?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1026 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Not sure I need to try and locate the last map update page. :?
errmmm :lol: good luck with that, I lost track of the mapping progress myself. I think, I THINK, we passed a few corridor splits along the way when chasing down the robed demons. It will just be a matter of backtracking from here, process of elimination and all that.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1027 Post by ravenn4544 »

Oralorn searches the room for any exits careful to examine the walls closely for any type of concealed door.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1028 Post by ravenn4544 »

OOC: map update posted. There are some passageways on this level and back on the level 2 of the cavern that we have not explored.

GreyWolfVT

#1029 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "In my current state someone else will need to lead."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1030 Post by Rukellian »

Ruken the gnome pauses for a moment and looks upwards, thinking heavily, his lips moving softly as he speaks to himself. Then with his walking stick, he starts to furiously draw out his mental map of the areas the group explored. "If I remember correctly, we've actually finished all of our exploring in this hellish place, save the webbed areas. And I don't think ANY of us want to go in there to wrestle with some of the inhabitants inside! Considering that the gnome has an intelligence of 17, I think this mental feat of map drawing will be permissible for his character.

"Let's just make sure we have this book in tow, the demon leader's crown, and anything else that may serve as evidence to our clearing of this den of evil." The gnome hobbles up to the chest and starts to scoop up the valuables into his large belt pouches and backpack, packing it all as best as he can in his weakened state. "The villlage can use this, and perhaps us as well if there is any left over. You all ready to leave and make our 'heroic' return?" Ruken says the word heroic with a hint of sarcasm, as past events have shaken his belief over the complete innocence of the townspeople. He is true to his word through, and if he has made a promise to the people, he will see it through.

As a side note, Ruken did grab the demon mages silver dagger/knife, and has it stored away for safe keeping.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#1031 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven lets out a heavy sigh "To town once more, let us hope the treatment is better this time."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1032 Post by ravenn4544 »

Did we not miss tunnels on the area with the beds (the secret door we entered from the outside of the caverns)? Maybe i'm missing something.... (very likely).

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1033 Post by wolfpack »

You did not find the secret door, however you have been in both rooms that it connects. only room unexplored is the web room.

SO you are taking the gold, spell book, and crown. Anything else?

GreyWolfVT

#1034 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven looks back out towards where the woman's dead body lies "Suppose we should bring back the body there for any reason?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1035 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Joven looks back out towards where the woman's dead body lies "Suppose we should bring back the body there for any reason?"
"Things have a habit of dissapearing here when we leave. If we want her to have a proper burial, for what its worth, then we probably should. One of the townspeople might recognize her as well. Who know?"

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1036 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Gregorius walks over and hefts the dead woman over his shoulder, "You two make a good point. Let us see if the so called mastermind behind this evil can be identified...."

Once everyone finishes their talks Gregorius will head out of the caves, leading if no one else is able.

GreyWolfVT

#1037 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven falls in line behind Greg.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1038 Post by wolfpack »

Getting the gold and body of the robed woman the group make sit's way out of the caves and heads back to camp.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1039 Post by wolfpack »

You arrive at camp to find Roland dutifully attending the fire, several rabbits cooking on spits. He stands as he sees you coming.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1040 Post by Rukellian »

Ruken plops down to the ground, or anything that may pass as a seat, and leans in closely to the campfire. The flame is comforting to him and his stomach growls. Before he grabs anything or asks for it, he will say this out loud for Roland to hear. "Did you see any demons rush past you when we were gone? If not, then we did our job." The gnome is not afraid to show that he is shaken up, his intense fatigue finally kicking in.

Return to “Kingdoms and Dungeon Crawls”