Chpt. 3 - The Wonders of the Palace

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chpt. 3 - The Wonders of the Palace

#421 Post by Grognardsw »

Raquinel is holding back tears as she struggles to move her body. "I can't," she whimpers.

"I can carry her on my back, once I'm a healed more," says the big druid Idwellin, whose 6'7" height and strength is up to the task. Now conscious from Durandal's heal spell (x HP), Idwellin expends his own divine natural magic to heal himself (2 HP, for 9/17.)

"Thank you, thank you all so much," says Raquinel.

The group contemplates the jewel-scaled glove and eye patch. As to whether the morloks were illusion, the adventurers remember being wounded by them.

Consensus is reached on camping for the night. The room is secured. The flames in the west room have burned out. That room is a ruin; any loot is burned. There are two doors, in the south and west walls. Each has crude but useable locks, most likely fashioned by the giants.

Andover gives a last peek down the east-west hallway. To the east is the ornate corridor leading to the suspected Tower of Roses. To the west the corridor continues into darkness and the rest of the surviving portion of the second floor of the Palace of the Silver Princess.
- Idwellin CLW: 2
- XP award coming this weekend

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#422 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn will watch over Raquinel for a portion of the night but eventually his battle raged body ties out on him and he will eventually sleep and when he wakes up he will check on raquinel and pray for his spells and for Raquinel.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#423 Post by greyarea »

Shen will offer to help watch Raquinel when it comes time to rest. In this castle, we've seen a man turned to a woman and back and limbs gone haywire and restored. I'm hopeful that she can be healed of a broken back.

When contemplating next moves, I say we proceed to the Tower of Roses. We can return here to expand our search if the Runestaff is not to be found in the tower.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#424 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hope that was not the DM trying to avoid having to NPC a PC. My bad :? :oops:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#425 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ianin will do some additional investigation on the statue that they found before resting the night, restoring his spells.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#426 Post by tkrexx »

I can assure you, the Grims were no illusion. That was my first thought also. Flint responds once a defensible campsite is established. As to whether the Giants will fight for us, who can say? Logic indicates this as a strong possibility, that the previous "inhabitants," if you will, of the ornate Eye and Glove can only be freed to rest once they have found replacements for themselves. The quiet one shakes his head slightly. Disturbing indeed, most notably when I think we may be forced to gamble our lives on that theory in the future. He spends a moment more in contemplation before opening his spellbook and setting himself to task. He decides he will wait until morning to have a look at the books in the Giants' hoard.
Memorizing spells:
1st level:
Color Spray
Phantom Armor

2nd level:
Improved Phantasmal Force

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#427 Post by tkrexx »

Honnilee moves briskly away from the table, hands innocently behind her back. I'll take first watch! She offers with a smile, then busies herself nosing around for secret doors.

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#428 Post by Marcel »

Grognardsw wrote: Drawings line the walls showing the family and other unknown giants. Among the loot are cooking utensils, nuts, berries, plates, bowls, furs, a mix of human-sized weapons and damaged armor, empty wine bottles with residue of a pink liquid, several books that look like they came from the library, flint/steel, a sack of human males and female clothes.
Poltux looks over the Drawings of the giant's family and then digs through the items laying around.
Any edible/not spoiled nuts/berries he'll eat/take. Any unique/valuable cooking utensils he'll examine. Any exotic furs he'll examine. The weapons he'll go-over more closely, pick each one up and swing them. The books he'll see what language/condition they are in and hand them out the party members who may be interested. Any book that looks to match-up with the statues he'll bring to conversation immediately. The sack of human clothes he'll dump out and see if there's any fancy XXXL size apparel.
When Poltux finishes his search, he finds a NON-dead-body, bloody, stinky spot to lay down....maybe back in the hall.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#429 Post by Grognardsw »

The Fellowship of Law settles into the room for the night. Idwellen and Poltux drag the dead giants into the burned out room and close the door to shut out odors.

Ianin the magic-user investigates the Cthulhu statue. It is made of cold black stone; a volcanic rock believes Bjorn, with his knowledge of stonework. There are unknown runes along the base. It is heavy, but could be carried if a whole backpack is devoted to it (at 3" movement.) It is hard to tell if it is magical without performing a Detect Magic dweomer on it.

Whispering Flint the illusionist is convinced the grimlocks were no illusion. He is troubled by the replacement of grimlock with giant in the red misty cave.

Honilee the hobbit slyly pockets some gems, not sure if others saw her. The gems are so shiny.

Poltux examines the drawings on the wall. One of the giants must have been an artist of some talent. The pictures show not only the giants recently killed, but also many others (presumed to be family.) The half-orc then thoroughly turns over the loot. The weapons appear of and perform in mundane manner. The books are volumes on cooking, including an intriguing title "To Serve Man."

The adventurers wonder what their dreams on this third night in the Palace may bring.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#430 Post by Grognardsw »

The story continues in Chpt. 4 - The Tower of Roses...

viewtopic.php?f=88&t=2746

Return to “War is Hell - Palace of the Silver Princess”