Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 8: The Great Burn

#43 Post by Rukellian »

If any of the creatures look like they will make it to his legs, the doctor will pull out his knife and prepare to defend himself, and apparently the paladin in full plate armor behind him! :lol:

[1d100] = 15 [1d20] = 13 [1d10] = 5 [1d8] = 4 [1d6] = 2 [1d4] = 1
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#44 Post by Majik »

Seeing his chance to defend the lovely lady, Gilnes moves back to defend the Doctor and the palidin... also allowing the fighters and those with multiply weaponry more room to attack.

Gilnes swings his sword at any beastly creatures that get near enough.

For the DM: [1d100] = 58[1d20] = 20[1d10] = 1[1d8] = 4[1d6] = 2[1d4] = 3

Long-sword;
[1d20] = 11[1d8+1] = 3+1 = 4
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#45 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm will try to get to higher ground and try to swat the ones on him off with a torch (unlit mind you).

For the DM:[1d100] = 36[1d20] = 10[1d10] = 5[1d8] = 1[1d6] = 4[1d4] = 4
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by Stonjuz »

[1d100] = 34 [1d20] = 6 [1d10] = 10 [1d8] = 1 [1d6] = 5 [1d4] = 2
[1d100] = 76 [1d20] = 11 [1d10] = 4 [1d8] = 5 [1d6] = 3 [1d4] = 1
[1d100] = 66 [1d20] = 8 [1d10] = 9 [1d8] = 5 [1d6] = 4 [1d4] = 2
[1d100] = 52 [1d20] = 11 [1d10] = 6 [1d8] = 5 [1d6] = 6 [1d4] = 1
The three remaining grythoks all fail to bite and are easily soon stamped out by steel and heel.
The three non-humans can relate the silencing of the creatures' shrieks.
A practical assesment of the swarm is that such a small number could not survive as a colony. More must be elsewhere.

As the group resumes clearing debris, looking for the low spot, it soon becomes apparant that a building was covering and probably concealed, the sewer entrance that would lie below.
Uncovering what was once a miller's office, eventually exposes a dangerous stairway.
The railings and footboards are broken, burned and for the most part, missing.
Singlefile order & light sources?

GreyWolfVT

#48 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm will light the torch he was using to defend himself with.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Rukellian »

"Is everyone feeling alright, did any of them bite or scratch you? They are disease-ridden creatures and I will need to provide immediate treatment if any of you came to harm, lest one of you succumbs to the ill-effects of poison and or other ailments." The doctor makes sure that every one is alright, before they proceed any further, providing treatment if needed. "It would be too wishful of thinking to assume that those would be the only ones we will find, be careful when lifting up debris everyone."

[1d100] = 12 [1d20] = 1 [1d10] = 6 [1d8] = 8 [1d6] = 6 [1d4] = 1
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm "If yer wantin' ta strip search me Doc I think I'd rather have a lady do so." he then winks and smiles at Talaseka . "Oh and Doc yes one did manage to get me couldn't tell ya if it was a scratch or a bite just know it hurt."

Strongarm has this bonus to saving throws vs. poison, rods, wands, and spells based on their Constitution/Health subability scores, still couldn't hurt to be checked by a doctor. ;)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Strongarm "If yer wantin' ta strip search me Doc I think I'd rather have a lady do so." he then winks and smiles at Talaseka . "Oh and Doc yes one did manage to get me couldn't tell ya if it was a scratch or a bite just know it hurt."

Strongarm has this bonus to saving throws vs. poison, rods, wands, and spells based on their Constitution/Health subability scores, still couldn't hurt to be checked by a doctor. ;)
Fezuul winces with a forced smile as says, "I don't think that will be necessary, but if I may, I would like to check where it bit you to see if there any signs of poisoning taking effect, this will be but only a moment." If the bite looks pretty bad, he will run a little alcohol over it to help clean the area before bandaging it. If there are no signs of poisoning he will just bandage it up and let it heal naturally, with the dwarf's permission of course. If he is reluctant to let a man treat his wound, I guess the doctor could be persuaded to let Talaseka bandage him... ;)

[1d100] = 59 [1d20] = 6 [1d10] = 7 [1d8] = 6 [1d6] = 3 [1d4] = 4

GreyWolfVT

#52 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm
"Alright I guess that is ok, though I'd rather Talaseka bandages me if she doesn't mind." he once again smiles at Talaseka.

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#53 Post by grey_starr »

*Benson takes up rear guard with one of the others carrying a torch in front of him, one sword at the ready*

DEX: 15 (Aim 13 | Balance 17) [1d20] = 1

[1d20] = 12, [1d12] = 9, [1d10] = 10, [1d8] = 7, [1d6] = 6, [1d4] = 4
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#54 Post by Stonjuz »

[1d100] = 69 [1d20] = 7 [1d10] = 2 [1d8] = 4 [1d6] = 6 [1d4] = 4
Talaseka is slightly interested in Strongarm's bite until he suggests that she prepare the treatment rather than the doctor. With that she turns a nose and steps into the broken stairway. Others in the group watch as the armored woman descends, graceful enough to not worry any of those paying attention.
At the bottom of the stairs, Gilnes finds obvious traces of a worn footpath that leads into a stonewall.
The others make it down the stairs to see the elf still working his detection skills. Soon, most everyone is involved in looking for a mechanism for a secret doorway.

GreyWolfVT

#55 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm allows the Doc to do his work and is a little sad that he apparently pushed the lady over the edge of tolerance. He decides to be unusually quite for a while. "Guess human women aren't ready for dwarf men to flirt with em eh Doc?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Rukellian »

Fezuul just chuckles under his breath as he bandages the dwarf up. "They can be fickle at times, yes. Experience has shown me that you must be patient with them, letting them come to you when they need or want something. Just like how I cannot force my treatments onto others, a man must also temper his boldness when around women. Of course, it helps to know the person."

When the doctor finishes his ministrations, he will join the group in the search for a the entrance's hidden mechanism, though he is not quite sure what he is looking for....

[1d100] = 74 [1d20] = 20 [1d10] = 3 [1d8] = 5 [1d6] = 6 [1d4] = 2

GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm "Thanks Doc." he then follows the doc to catch up with the others. "I'll keep your advice in mind Doc."

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#58 Post by Stonjuz »

The last of you arrive below to assist the others in scouring for cracks and clues. Strongarm cannot help but mutter out that the wall now blocking the worn footpath is of new construction. This entrance to the evil cult's section of sewer has been shut off. It also soon becomes quite obvious that the evil group assumed you would approach them from here and are probably watching.

Back out and try elsewhere? or dig thru the new stonework? or something else?
I will have to wait for a total group consensus on this one....all seven of you chime in on desired course.

Talaseka says. "Oh, this is bad."

GreyWolfVT

#59 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"I've got the tools but it would take me a decent time to make it through the new stone work."

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#60 Post by Majik »

Gilnes sighs at the obvious delay, "Any idea how long ago this wall was erected Strongarm?" he asks the dwarf as he checks for any signs of a mechanism to open a path.

For the DM: [1d100] = 19[1d20] = 15[1d10] = 8[1d8] = 7[1d6] = 2[1d4] = 2
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

Return to “The Inn of the Unseen Servant - Greyhawk 2.5e”