Chapter 8: The Great Burn

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 8: The Great Burn

#61 Post by Rukellian »

"Maybe the wall is just and illusion?" The doctor will walk up to it, CAREFULLY, and see if his hand goes through it.

[1d100] = 17 [1d20] = 13 [1d10] = 5 [1d8] = 3 [1d6] = 1 [1d4] = 2

If it is not an illusion, he will work with Gilnes and trying to find an opening mechanism for the wall, not really wanting to traverse the charred and very hazardous Great Burn once again.

-----

When I'm gone for work today, if my character happens to find something in his search of the wall, naturally he would share this information with everyone. If a swarm of those little critters burst out again, he will run like the wind away from the wall. ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#62 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm will inspect the wall to see if there is any way to tell how new it is. "Well I'm quite sure it was not there when I was given my tour of the sewers. But let me take a closer look."

For the DM:[1d100] = 10[1d20] = 1[1d10] = 8[1d8] = 5[1d6] = 6[1d4] = 3
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by wolfpack »

So does this mean they are watching and will know if we come this way, or do they think the wall is enough and do not expect anyone to come this way.

[1d100] = 60[1d20] = 1[1d10] = 8[1d8] = 5[1d6] = 1[1d4] = 4

GreyWolfVT

#64 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm "I suspect they might figure anyone wanting to come this way would be turned around pretty easily by this wall. But I am not completely sure that there is not something on the other side possibly as a trap or whatever waiting for those that do brave the breaking of the wall."

For the DM:[1d100] = 23[1d20] = 18[1d10] = 3[1d8] = 8[1d6] = 1[1d4] = 1
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#65 Post by NJWilliam »

Branc Temugen

Branc looks about for a likely spot that the cult might be watching from.

Branc: [1d6] = 6, [1d8] = 3, [1d10] = 5, [1d20] = 10, [1d100] = 22
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#66 Post by Stonjuz »

Memories of the gnome fighter, Bazil, chipping away at an evil stone carving, come to the minds of Agrim, Benson and Branc. Estimations of the time required here are much less than the night spent in the Howling Hills.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#67 Post by Stonjuz »

Branc steps back up again see what is left of the sunlight shining on the general surroundings. The next closest building that shows any resemblance to functioning habitat is almost 50 yds away. No movement can be seen there however.

The new construction's perimeter is fully outlined now, perhaps once been used as a sewer cistern of some sort.
Strongarm and the others below can determine that it would be quite easy to break thru part of this barrier, since it does produce a more hollow sound. It will certainly make noise doing so with tools at hand.

GreyWolfVT

#68 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm "So what do you all want to do? I can break through but it will make plenty of noise. Alerting anything that might be on the other side."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Rukellian »

"The way I see it, we will be unavoidalby dealing with the cult eventually, at least if we encounter them now, when breaking through a wall, we will be prepared for such a fight. Shall our heavy hitters take up positions on each side of the wall just in case?"

Again, the doctor shows great interest in focusing on the wall before them, instead of going back out into the hazardous and structurally unstable charred debris field.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#70 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Haerin Strongarm "I for one Doc agree with you. I can tell not so much by your words but by your actions as well. It would in my opinion be wiser to just encounter this wall instead of going back out there and having more of us get bitten or scratched by them nasty disease ridden things. Also I think if we are to face the cult here let us do so on favorable grounds if we are prepared for an attack at least they cannot get us by surprise."

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#71 Post by Majik »

Gilnes considers the wall, taking in the wisdom of Strongarm and the Doctor."I hate to disagree gentlemen, but I think busting through the wall will bring the whole cult down upon us. That might bring a fight that will not benefit us, nor will it save the lives of the missing children from Shacktown... who I fear will be sent against us. I think it's best if we try to find a better way to enter, one that avoids any unnecessary confrontation. Stealth is our best tactic."

For the DM: [1d100] = 10[1d20] = 4[1d10] = 10[1d8] = 1[1d6] = 3[1d4] = 2
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#72 Post by grey_starr »

Sadly, tearing down walls is slow and loud... we really do need to be a bit more careful - this is not some unknown dungeon crawl where I would gladly go in swords flashing! Gilnes speaks with some wisdom - they have innocents with them.*trying to think is obvious on Benson's face*

We came here because this is where the snake was imprisoned into another place right? Perhaps there is a magic aura that can be detected? Mayhaps that can lead us to our path of justice...

[1d20] = 11, [1d12] = 12, [1d10] = 5, [1d8] = 8, [1d6] = 1, [1d4] = 3
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...

GreyWolfVT

#73 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Haerin Strongarm "Alright well Doc it appears we are out voted so shall we find another location to enter the sewers? Perhaps we will have better luck and not have a new wall blocking out entry."

For the DM:[1d100] = 51[1d20] = 6[1d10] = 3[1d8] = 5[1d6] = 1[1d4] = 4
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Rukellian »

Fezuul just shrugs his shoulders and sighs with defeat, not being able to do much by himself, he has to follow the group's decision. "Careful when venturing back out there, watch your footing and all that."

Balance Check [1d20] = 9

Everything or anything else.... [1d100] = 58 [1d20] = 18 [1d10] = 9 [1d8] = 2 [1d6] = 2 [1d4] = 1

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#75 Post by grey_starr »

Wait... so no magical inspections before going then?*Arms crossed* Fine, what ever... Shame we didn't have some sort of digging spell

DEX: 15 (Aim 13 | Balance 17) [1d20] = 12

DM: [1d20] = 17, [1d12] = 1, [1d10] = 6, [1d8] = 5, [1d6] = 1, [1d4] = 1
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...

GreyWolfVT

#76 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm shrugs at the mention of digging magic. "I'm no spell hurler so I've no idea never heard of any digging magics before." Joven then turns around and looks at everyone "Well are we headed back out and off to find another location to try and enter the sewers? Anyone have another idea?"
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#77 Post by Stonjuz »

As the party climbs up from the blocked passage, a head count reveals that the half-orc is not where he was expected to be. A quick scan reveals a scuffle at your feet, and footprints, several, leading off to the north. Our heroes draw their weapons and advance, fearing the worst, and yet hoping for the best.

A sad note, ragnboneshopper has dropped from the group, and you know me....i may have to kill him, and what better way to do it, than have him disaapear here too.

GreyWolfVT

#78 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm looks around to see if he can see anyone or drag marks.

had to edit my last post I finally slipped and posted as the wrong character :lol:

For the DM:[1d100] = 21[1d20] = 9[1d10] = 1[1d8] = 2[1d6] = 1[1d4] = 4
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#79 Post by Majik »

Gilnes swings his head, eagle-eyes scanning the ground and horizon. A grunt of frustration escapes his confident and alert jaw, "How... when...? Quickly! Benson... anyone, can anyone track or follow these drag marks?"

Quickly, the worried elf spots his companion Lafria the elvin cat. "Will you be so kind as to lead us, to our friend and the lair that they hold?" He says in an almost pleading tone for all the world expecting the cat to understand.

For the DM: [1d100] = 64[1d20] = 12[1d10] = 7[1d8] = 4[1d6] = 3[1d4] = 4
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Rukellian »

The doctor too looks around with frustration as he mutters something under his breath, and then out loud to the group. "Your friend here has a bad habit of disappearing it seems... No one heard any signs of struggle?"

[1d100] = 70 [1d20] = 7 [1d10] = 1 [1d8] = 7 [1d6] = 5 [1d4] = 1

Return to “The Inn of the Unseen Servant - Greyhawk 2.5e”