2ed OOC Posts

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: 2ed OOC Posts

#61 Post by masuro »

I see. Thanks for letting me know your situation.
Find campaign information at Beoling Net.

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#62 Post by masuro »

Although I have time to post and create adventures for our play-by-post game, I do not think I have time to create a homebrew campaign to a level of detail that is satisfying to me and useful for you. Also, straying from the equipment lists in the Player's Handbook makes an interesting and, I hope, memorable campaign world but it is hard to implement in a play-by-post game where the players cannot simply ask the DM to 'pass the equipment list' or ask questions about money and available items. Therefore, I've decided to set our game in the Known World, also known as Mystara. This was the campaign setting used for the Frank Mentzer Dungeons and Dragons and, I think, was also used for Second Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons sometimes. Also, from now on, we will use the equipment lists and prices in the Player's Handbook to keep things simple. Convert all your copper to silver, your silver to gold, and, if you have any, your gold to platinum. Stik, your bard can pay half the normal price of the sword when he returns to town. The town, by the way, is now Threshold.
Sorry for the change again. It's a pain in the arse to change your character sheets but I think this will save less confusion and trouble in the future.

Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#63 Post by Stik »

At what point do we declare Falln and Corum officially Missing In Action?

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#64 Post by masuro »

Shall we wait until the next encounter? If they don't post at the next encounter I will NPC their characters and then, if they still don't post, I will have their characters leave the party. In the meantime, let's post as usual and I won't wait for their replies before writing something myself.

Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#65 Post by Stik »

Have you got email addresses or any other way to contact them?

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#66 Post by masuro »

I could send a PM, I suppose. I don't think I have their email addresses.

Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#67 Post by Stik »

Whatever works, but if they're not reading the game thread, they're probably not reading PMs either.
In any case, I am firmly on board for this game, whatever happens. If we need to pause while we recruit other/more players, I'll still be here.

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#68 Post by masuro »

Okay, thank you. Let's continue on and if the others don't respond then I will try to recruit another player or two.

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#69 Post by masuro »

Are we still on?

Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#70 Post by Stik »

Yes, sorry for my absence the past few days, but some real-world stuff has gotten in the way.

I had two art projects due this past weekend that ate up a lot of my time.

My medieval group put on a fair this past weekend (which is why the art projects needed to be done last week - they were to be given out at the fair). Two of my friends - a mother and daughter - were making arrangements and organizing/running the fair, and the daughter wound up in the hospital, which effectively took both mother and daughter out of action. So it fell to me and another guy to step in and take over planning and running the fair, including layout, setup, staffing, dealing with merchants and the representatives from the site, etc.

All went well. My artwork looks great (if I do say so myself). The fair was poorly attended but we put on a good show. My friend is out of the hospital, although she won't be walking for awhile due to having surgery on her femur.

But now I'm back.

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#71 Post by masuro »

I thought it was odd you disappeared after saying you were going to stick with the game. Glad to see you are back. Is the player from your other group interested in playing in this game? If not, would you like me to recruit another player or two?

Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#72 Post by Stik »

Yeah, it was an interesting week. I spent about thirty hours at the site of the fair, and sixteen hours at my drafting table working on my two calligraphy projects.

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#73 Post by masuro »

What pens do you use? Something like Rotring with cartridges? Or nibs and a pot of ink?

Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#74 Post by Stik »

I used to use a Rotring art pen (fountain pen) with a calligraphy nib. But then a few years ago my mother-in-law bought me a $3.95 Schaeffer Viewpoint calligraphy pen in her local CVS drug store, and it was great! It produces a nice clean line and seldom if ever "skips" like the much more expensive Rotring pen did. The only problem I've had with it is sometimes it leaks when left sitting around, so before I start, I have to open the pen carefully and make sure there's no excess ink in the cap or around the nib.
I wasn't crazy about the Schaeffer brand ink that comes in the refill cartridges they sell for the pen, but that problem was easily solved. I buy Higgins Eternal ink and put it into an empty Schaeffer cartridge using a syringe. It's cheaper that way, too.
The Schaeffer Viewpoint pens have gone up in price to about $6.00 now, but even at that price they're practically disposable.

For the artwork, I work in acrylic paints using thin brushes and do the linework with a Rapidograph and Higgins ink. I can't show off my most recent work, because it hasn't been handed out to the recipients yet, but here's some of my older stuff:

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#75 Post by masuro »

Great work. I didn't go beyond writing poetry in gothic script to put on my bedroom walls when I was younger.

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#76 Post by masuro »

Corum is gone and that leaves just the two of you. Darius is a bard and Pilydor is a cleric/mage. If you both agree, I will advertise for a fighter or ranger to fill out the party.

Falln
Tracker
Tracker

#77 Post by Falln »

I had a busy time at work. I work as a teacher at a university in Belgium and it's the exam period. But now I have lots of time again ;)

Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#78 Post by Stik »

One of my players is interested, but can't come in immediately because he does not have time to generate a new PC.

And I've just had an idea.
If Corum is out for good, and Dreganor doesn't have time to create a PC, maybe Dreganor can just take over running Vadis for a while, and when he has the time he can make his own PC and swap out.
What do you think?

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#79 Post by masuro »

How much time does he need to make a new PC? If it's a few days then that is no problem. If it's several weeks then maybe running Vadis is okay.

Falln, I am also a teacher at a university. Marking all those exams isn't much fun but it's a big relief when you're finished and you realise you have several months to relax. :)

Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#80 Post by Stik »

I was thinking he could run Vadis temporarily, just for the remainder of our stay on the island. Once we go back to town, Vadis goes off wherever abandoned PCs go, and Dreganor's new PC steps in.
That way we maintain continuity, you don't need to explain where Vadis disappeared to, and Dreg can come in right away.

Return to “Suthdael Campaign”