A blast from the past... (Raven's and Perma's next arc)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: A blast from the past... (Raven's and Perma's next arc)

#161 Post by Rukellian »

Raven's personal smartphone starts to blare up again, the caller ID: Blake Hayes. "You really should come meet me at this little island...." he says in a joking manner. The sounds of flames and digitized dinosaurs can be heard in the background. It would appear as if he is calling Raven in the middle of a fight!
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by tooleychris »

"Now I KNOW we need help..." Elsa says worriedly. "But who can we trust? I don't know any supers."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:"Now I KNOW we need help..." Elsa says worriedly. "But who can we trust? I don't know any supers."
You are on good terms with an interpol agent as of currently (he is listed under your skill list as a contact). You have had his number ever since he helped stop a smuggling operation in your home kingdom. Since you and Raven are currently dealing with a potentially corrupt weapons manufacturer, this case would fall under the interpol's jurisdiction using the following categories, some overlapping others: crimes against humanity, environmental crime, weapons smuggling, human trafficking, and corruption. With ichnorite added into the mix, the case you guys are dealing with could also segway itself into illicit drug production, drug trafficking, terrorism, and then eventually genocide and or war crimes if the situation gets out of hand.

In other words, you have every right to call upon the interpol agent and make use of his organization's resources to combat Rook Industries. ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rukellian wrote:
tooleychris wrote:"Now I KNOW we need help..." Elsa says worriedly. "But who can we trust? I don't know any supers."
You are on good terms with an interpol agent as of currently (he is listed under your skill list as a contact). You have had his number ever since he helped stop a smuggling operation in your home kingdom. Since you and Raven are currently dealing with a potentially corrupt weapons manufacturer, this case would fall under the interpol's jurisdiction using the following categories, some overlapping others: crimes against humanity, environmental crime, weapons smuggling, human trafficking, and corruption. With ichnorite added into the mix, the case you guys are dealing with could also segway itself into illicit drug production, drug trafficking, terrorism, and then eventually genocide and or war crimes if the situation gets out of hand.

In other words, you have every right to call upon the interpol agent and make use of his organization's resources to combat Rook Industries. ;)
Jeez... And all I got is this nifty trenchcoat and Daisy my new rocket launcher...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven reads through the obituaries, reading on how they died. "Then it seems we need to go to the island, I'm sure we can find someone there that knew my old friends and is willing to help us." Raven then looks through his phones contacts, wondering how and when he got this phone in the first place, and checks the names for anyone that may be able to help.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by tooleychris »

"Just curious, are YOU listed in the obits? "
She stops and thinks...
"I have a...law enforcement friend. Maybe anything you can't find in public records might be available through closed records? "

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:
Rukellian wrote:

Jeez... And all I got is this nifty trenchcoat and Daisy my new rocket launcher...
Hey, that's how it goes. Tooley picked a contact for Permafrost instead of another skill, it just happened to be darned good choice.
MonkeyWrench wrote:Raven reads through the obituaries, reading on how they died. "Then it seems we need to go to the island, I'm sure we can find someone there that knew my old friends and is willing to help us." Raven then looks through his phones contacts, wondering how and when he got this phone in the first place, and checks the names for anyone that may be able to help.
The DM magically poofed the phone into your character's coat pocket because he secretly felt sorry about having all of your cool PI equipment blown up in a 'random' motel room explosion. Because your lifestyle was a 10, you had everything you could possibly access from professional career, and you just happened to be a Private Investigator. As a PI you had an international passport, a nifty laptop suitcase, a shiny badge, and a journal that may or may not have had some bundles of cash secretly folded up inside.

Tooley, on the other hand, rolled a 66 for lifestyle. This meant that Permafrost had access to a small nation's worth of resources. Need I say more?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by MonkeyWrench »

psh, yeah yeah ruke... I'm still keeping Daisy... We shall be best friends...

Raven thinks for a moment, "Its possible..." He then searches to see if his old self has an obituary. "It wouldnt hurt to see what your friend may know, could even have a place to stay on the island..."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by tooleychris »

"A place to stay on the island is unlikely. He's not an American agency. When I get a phone, I'll call and see what he'll share about this Rook."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven hands Elsa his phone, "You can use mine, I don't know where it came from but it hasn't blown up yet so it may be safe..." Raven continues searching for his old self's death records or if he had a missing persons report of some kind. "If I can't find anything it may not hurt to ask your friend about Nelson Warren or Blake Hayes, everyone else seems to be dead..."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by Rukellian »

You do not find an obituary on Nelson Warren, but you do find a missing person report from the recent motel explosion.

As Elsa holds the phone, a conversation with someone is still going on, apparently Raven lost interest and didn't bother to hang up. "It's the land of enchantment, you really must come." The person on the other end of the phone then hangs up, laughing while doing so. You are not sure whether it was a prank call or some sadistic trap that is being set up for you, maybe both. Anyways, it sounds like the same guy you met at the military complex, and the one from before in the motel. You cannot help but wonder why he knows the number to Raven's new phone... *shrug*

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by Rukellian »

Edited the last post.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by tooleychris »

Elsa pushes the red button to end the call and stands there thinking.
"Look. " she says at last. "I'm not sure this phone is..secure. It might be tapped. I don't remember the phone number anyway so I'll wait for a real phone when we land and download my contacts from my cloud. "

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by Rukellian »

Just as soon as Elsa mentions that the phone may be tapped, the phone vibrates and a mail icon starts to dance on the screen. You open it to find two pictures sent to you. One of a dead crystalline raptor, still smoking from a flame attack, and another of... a very familiar face (at least to Raven).
krystalak.JPG
krystalak.JPG (73.34 KiB) Viewed 610 times
sword arm mutant for campaign.png
sword arm mutant for campaign.png (235.76 KiB) Viewed 610 times
The man with the sword arm, Raven recognizes him as an old teammate, a super he used to work with. You cannot remember his name, but you do suddenly recall that he had a short temper and did not see eye to eye with everything that the group did. Than again... neither did Blake. Wait!? How do you remember that?

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by tooleychris »

Elsa looks for a phone number it was sent from.

damn! My computer geek ooc self KNOWS I can trace the IP address down to a block..but Elsa's like 'what's an IP address? Where you pee?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:Elsa looks for a phone number it was sent from.

damn! My computer geek ooc self KNOWS I can trace the IP address down to a block..but Elsa's like 'what's an IP address? Where you pee?
:lol: oh, the pain of knowing!

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven's head begins to hurt as he recalls details of the sword Arn man, he clutches his head to help deal with the pain as he tries to focus on the present and not on the past, it takes several moments for the pain to subside and Raven does not say a word.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by tooleychris »

"Now I'm torn." says Elsa. "My gut told me to destroy the phone but now...our nemesis may on accident slip up and give us more clues...?
She wrinkles her nose, confused.
"Of course, they can probably trace our location thru it as well...think turning off GPS would work?"
She flips thru the phone, looking for GPS options.
"I'll have to ask my guy at Interpol what he thinks."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As Raven's eyes start to re-focus after his head stopped hurting he regards Elsa's question, "Couldn't hurt to be safe, GPS may be a problem..." He then hides the computer screen from Elsa and searches for what a GPS is, not wanting to look like an idiot....

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:As Raven's eyes start to re-focus after his head stopped hurting he regards Elsa's question, "Couldn't hurt to be safe, GPS may be a problem..." He then hides the computer screen from Elsa and searches for what a GPS is, not wanting to look like an idiot....
Because you are sitting right next to her while doing this, you will need a yellow success on the master table, using your awareness trait ;)

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”