Out of Sight

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Out of Sight

#601 Post by Alethan »

Cilian examines the statue to see if he can determine anything about it. Then he does the same with the marble jar.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#602 Post by wolfpack »

The statuette is of the deathgod and seems very old and made of gold.

The jar has a lid, unscrewing the lid and opening you see inside a thick gray substance.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#603 Post by rredmond »

We'll have to melt down that idol to sell it safely methinks, Tub comments as he searches for other hidden spots and traps on the dais and altar. Now that Cil has broken the seal... :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#604 Post by Alethan »

Cilian takes a quick sniff of the gray substance to see if he can recognize what it is by scent.

"I've heard of ointments that can heal various wounds when it is applied to them. No idea if that is what this is or not, but it might be worth holding onto. I agree with Tub about the small statue. Or, at least, we can break it up into unrecognizable chunks. Feels pretty solid, though; we should be able to get a good price for it."

Rhonon
Tracker
Tracker

#605 Post by Rhonon »

Osric shrugs his shoulders and watches the others examine the room.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#606 Post by wolfpack »

the substance has a smell of a cross between mint and limburger cheese

tub finds nothing else in the altar

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#607 Post by Argennian »

"Gold is good," Viktor mumbles in subconscious agreement as he shares a look of mutual uncertainty with Osric.

The young churl then continues to keep his eyes roving about the party's perimeter, his bow and readied arrow still to hand, just in case any additional Deathmonger threat materializes to try and waylay them.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#608 Post by rredmond »

Tubeedee takes a peek at the idol closer. Checking to see if there's anything that moves or anything hidden in it.
If there's consecutively smaller death god dolls in this thing I vote we just leave. he says, only half seriously.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#609 Post by wolfpack »

Tub finds nothing indicating it is anymore than a small statue.

Rhonon
Tracker
Tracker

#610 Post by Rhonon »

Ok Let's move on now...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#611 Post by Argennian »

Viktor momentarily contemplates multiple Deathmonger dolls inside of one another, getting smaller and smaller but surely no less deadly and unlucky to the party's future. It gives him a shudder and he smiles back at Tub.

"Where to now, guys? Think we'll find any more worthwhile loot down in this cursed place?"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#612 Post by Alethan »

"We're looking for more than loot, Vik. We're trying to find information on how to stop them. So far, we have a little more info in the book we found, but I say we head down the fountain next..."replies Cilian.

Rhonon
Tracker
Tracker

#613 Post by Rhonon »

Agreed, Let's head down there...

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#614 Post by zebediah »

Serg nods and moves on as soon as everyone is ready to descend.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#615 Post by wolfpack »

The party moves back into the inner sanctum with he pool and statue. the stairway is still visible, apparently no one has returned to the room.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#616 Post by Alethan »

Looking around, Cil shrugs, "Looks like nothing has been back here. That's not a bad sign..."

He casts a curious eye at the rest of the group to see who will head down first.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#617 Post by rredmond »

Tub moves out of the way for the fighter types. :D

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#618 Post by Argennian »

Figuring it's a toss up job for either a fighter or a thief, Viktor slings his bow and steps up. "Ahh, screw it. I'll go first. Hand me that torch..."

Avoiding the black, yucky beak and tentacled monster they killed as best he can, Vik will climb up into the fountain pool and give the first step down a close scrutinizing for any traps or tripwires. If he sees none, he'll head on down, stopping every few steps to take a closer look for traps as he goes.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#619 Post by wolfpack »

Vik checks the step and sees no traps.

Shining the torch down he sees a winding set of rickety wooden steps attached to the wall that spirals down beyond the torch light.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#620 Post by Argennian »

"Yeaaaahhh... them stairs looks real safe! Wish'n we had more rope for this one," Vik opines as he rolls his eyes and takes a deep breath to calm himself. "Oh well, in fer a penny, in fer a pound! Or however that goes..."

The paranoid churl will proceed with a plan of trying each step with one foot first to be sure it isn't overly loose. He'll keep his eyes peeled for any obvious traps or tripwires but regardless, will stop every three and commit to a closer scrutinizing.

OOC: can Vik see the bottom from where he's at?

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “Aroth”