OOC / Questions?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC / Questions?

#921 Post by Argennian »

Best thoughts & wishes going out to you on the work front, Ron. As you stated, tis best precautions and plans be in place against any/all potential threats to the livelihood thing.

Looking back at how tough my work situation became end of last year still makes me shudder. Thank Corellon Larethian it all finally leveled out. I feel lucky (& stoked!) to be able to be around more and not be sacrificing sleep to keep up with things here.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#922 Post by rredmond »

Yeah, my (ex?) CEO just gave me some interesting info today. Sigh.
I'll have to PM you guys later.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#923 Post by ToniXX »

Damn, sometimes real life can be a huge drag!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#924 Post by Argennian »

For the record, Yosef is so ready to hump any remaining intel, treasure and/or valuable bits out of this place. Not saying we'll find anything, but we do have the time to do so In Game and we're in wait mode until the next goblin raiding party heads out. It simply makes sense that we would not want to leave any little area or corner of OUR new slice of Shard unturned, right? :P

I'm excited to get down to it when Ron gets his work situation sorted. That the mystery of the game is slowly being unraveled by the party is just the cat's meow. B1 was the very first module I ever owned, played and ran as a kid. I had many daydreams about Rogahn and Zelligar, even waay back then. :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#925 Post by Alethan »

I think Till gave Yosef the silver dagger? The regular magical dagger is up for grabs, if you want it, Mitch.

We can give the silver dagger to one of the hirelings. Or the magical one, I suppose, if nobody else wants it...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#926 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:I think Till gave Yosef the silver dagger? The regular magical dagger is up for grabs, if you want it, Mitch.

We can give the silver dagger to one of the hirelings. Or the magical one, I suppose, if nobody else wants it...
Confirmed on Till's silver dagger. I had it marked on Yosef's sheet as borrowed from Till prior to the wererat encounter.

And the elf is happy to take the magical dagger if it's up for grabs. What happens to the silver dagger is Till's call, as far as Yosef is concerned. If up for vote, I'd go for letting Eyman use it. (I don't think he had a silver or magical weapon, right?)

I also have no issue with Till keeping the magical, flaming dagger. He earned it, and the old fashion way at that! Lol

I just freakin knew there were more goodies down there... :)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#927 Post by Alethan »

Ron,

I have no idea where the map is in the action threads... is there any way you can post the map of the Rat King's underground passages in the Map thread?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#928 Post by rredmond »

Good idea!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#929 Post by rredmond »

Map in map thread with notes.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#930 Post by Argennian »

Was curious and had a question:

When last the party was down here in pursuit of the rat king, I don't remember Bruard using the Helm of Sight throughout the entire cavern complex. Am I remembering this wrong? Perhaps some stuff with Bruard & the helm was done via pm and not posted?

Regardless, I know that the helm will not ferret out creatures or undiscovered treasure lying in wait and/or hidden, per se, but we have enough wait/down time In Game to thorough scan each chamber.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#931 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:Was curious and had a question:

When last the party was down here in pursuit of the rat king, I don't remember Bruard using the Helm of Sight throughout the entire cavern complex. Am I remembering this wrong? Perhaps some stuff with Bruard & the helm was done via pm and not posted?

Regardless, I know that the helm will not ferret out creatures or undiscovered treasure lying in wait and/or hidden, per se, but we have enough wait/down time In Game to thorough scan each chamber.

I didn't go back and try and pull the exact post, but I'm 99% sure Bruard used the helm on all of the rooms this side of the water before we crossed the water. It was in a public post, though, not via PM.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#932 Post by rredmond »

Yes after you cleared the main rooms he ran through the place after activating the helmet.
Nothing was found at the time.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#933 Post by ToniXX »

Heck even I forgot that! well, it was a waste to use it just now.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#934 Post by Alethan »

ToniXX wrote:Heck even I forgot that! well, it was a waste to use it just now.
Yep...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#935 Post by Argennian »

I'm sure being that things have been stalled/creeping for awhile here that Ron would let us retcon that one, guys.

If not, we have many days of game time to kill while waiting for our next strike opp, so we (the party) could always return the following day.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#936 Post by rredmond »

Yeah, this
Argennian wrote:...If not, we have many days of game time to kill while waiting for our next strike opp, so we (the party) could always return the following day.
is why I didn't fuss it. :D

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#937 Post by rredmond »

Hey guys!

I hope to be around more now that my work stuff has settled a bit.

In case you haven't seen it, I've let my games know my plans here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=480&p=95858#p95858

Sounds like a good plan to do with this game as well, if not quicker, but I definitely want to be more flexible with you guys.

hope all is well! I'll try and move ya forward tomorrow!

Thanks!

--Ron--

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#938 Post by ToniXX »

Ron,
I think the Tuesday and Friday morning posts is a good plan. Good luck, and I wait patiently.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#939 Post by dmw71 »

Congratulations, man! That's awesome about the new gig! It's great to be sought out and recruited for something you're passionate about... and is even better when you receive a raise and other perks for making the switch. Seriously, that is great news!

I support the twice per week rate (whether Tuesday/Friday, or two other in the event you want to stagger the updates for the different games you're running).

- Dave
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#940 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:Congratulations, man! That's awesome about the new gig! It's great to be sought out and recruited for something you're passionate about... and is even better when you receive a raise and other perks for making the switch. Seriously, that is great news!

I support the twice per week rate (whether Tuesday/Friday, or two other in the event you want to stagger the updates for the different games you're running).

- Dave
I agree with Dave. If you want to update the Legacy game on Monday/Wednesday/Friday so as to stagger it with the other games, then I'd be up for that, Mr. Vice President.

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”