OOC / Questions?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC / Questions?

#901 Post by dmw71 »

ToniXX wrote:I'm going to assume we're resting here long enough to regain cast spells.
I didn't check on anyone else, but I know Jeloon is still sporting some damage. A night of rest, with users casting any available spells on those that need it beforehand, would be beneficial (though, Jeloon will insist in game that she is fine to proceed).
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#902 Post by ToniXX »

I've got a question: Level 5 says my cleric spells is 3/3/1. His wisdom of 16 means added spells of 2/2. Thus, I assume that means his spell capacity is 5/5/1. Is that correct? If so, how does he have 7 first level spells? I might be forgetting something from when we created these PCs. Maybe light and detect magic were house rule freebies??? I do that in some of my games...

I'll look at some of the original posts, but if someone remembers, please post here.

p.s. Also, how much HP do we get back from a night of rest? One, correct?
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#903 Post by Alethan »

So does a silver ring work just as well as a gold one, you just need to make sure and stand on the right symbol with the right ring (gold ring = gold symbol, silver ring = silver symbol)? If so, then does that mean we just need another three more rings (assuming we just bring Van; obviously, more if we want to bring the other hireling whose name escapes me now because it's been so long since we've seen them...)

Definitely cast any healing spells left now before resting. I'd prefer we're all up to full strength before trying to tackle the next section.

Any thoughts on what section to tackle next, by the way?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#904 Post by dmw71 »

ToniXX wrote:I've got a question: Level 5 says my cleric spells is 3/3/1. His wisdom of 16 means added spells of 2/2. Thus, I assume that means his spell capacity is 5/5/1. Is that correct?
That is my understanding.
ToniXX wrote:If so, how does he have 7 first level spells?
Cheating. I'm going to seek out a moderator to report this blatant abuse! Oh, wait.... ;)
ToniXX wrote:I might be forgetting something from when we created these PCs. Maybe light and detect magic were house rule freebies???
I joined the game late so I'm not up on the character creation rules. If I find something in search I'll let you know.
ToniXX wrote:Also, how much HP do we get back from a night of rest? One, correct?
Or three, if we play by your spell rules. ;)

Sorry, man, I'm in a loopy mood today. :D
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#905 Post by Alethan »

ToniXX wrote:I've got a question: Level 5 says my cleric spells is 3/3/1. His wisdom of 16 means added spells of 2/2. Thus, I assume that means his spell capacity is 5/5/1. Is that correct? If so, how does he have 7 first level spells? I might be forgetting something from when we created these PCs. Maybe light and detect magic were house rule freebies??? I do that in some of my games...

I'll look at some of the original posts, but if someone remembers, please post here.

p.s. Also, how much HP do we get back from a night of rest? One, correct?
You must have added spells or changed out spells. You should only have 5, I believe, cheater head.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#906 Post by rredmond »

ToniXX wrote:I've got a question: Level 5 says my cleric spells is 3/3/1. His wisdom of 16 means added spells of 2/2. Thus, I assume that means his spell capacity is 5/5/1. Is that correct? If so, how does he have 7 first level spells? I might be forgetting something from when we created these PCs. Maybe light and detect magic were house rule freebies??? I do that in some of my games...
There were no freebies, I think 5/5/1 is correct... where did the 7 come into play. Let me know in case I missed something too.
Ton wrote:p.s. Also, how much HP do we get back from a night of rest? One, correct?
One normally, but Melissa has some special food that can help that process further along if you sleep here. Instead of 1, you'll get 1d4+1.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#907 Post by rredmond »

dmw71 wrote:
ToniXX wrote:Also, how much HP do we get back from a night of rest? One, correct?
Or three, if we play by your spell rules. ;)
Alethan wrote:You must have added spells or changed out spells. You should only have 5, I believe, cheater head.
:lol: I had to physically hold my laughter in with the CEO coming to my door!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#908 Post by ToniXX »

I figured it out, and I didn't cheat (at least not intentionally!)

At 4th level, with wisdom bonus, I'd have 5/4. I forfeited two of the second level spells to get two first level spells, which is why I have 7/2. But, right now I can't find anything that *says* I can do that. :)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#909 Post by rredmond »

Well apparently CHs make up their own house rules.
;)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#910 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Well apparently CHs make up their own house rules.
;)
Actually, now that he mentions it, I think you did say something about him being able to memorize a first level spell in lieu of a second level one. Don't remember exactly when/where the conversation took place, though.

But don't let that stop you from calling him a CH. ;)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#911 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:Unless you have other things you'd want to do, we can forward to the next day while you plan.
Fast Forward?! :shock:
And rob us needy bastards of all chances to role-play and gather juicy intel, rumors and stories from our new special ally in Shard?!?! :o
Heresy, I say!! :D

But seriously, +1 to the let's stay here in the druid's slice, get all healed up and as much of our newly-found items identified as possible, replenish spells, arrows, supplies and make awesome plans and preparations based on all the juicy intel we get from Melissa, to go get more tower rings! 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#912 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:Actually, now that he mentions it, I think you did say something about him being able to memorize a first level spell in lieu of a second level one. Don't remember exactly when/where the conversation took place, though.
Not normally one of my house rules, but I certainly could have been talked into it. Or was that a rule from the SKYPE game?? I remember it, but thought it was my cleric?
Whatever, we certainly could discuss it now, CH or not. :lol:
Argennian wrote:Fast Forward?! :shock:
And rob us needy bastards of all chances to role-play and gather juicy intel, rumors and stories from our new special ally in Shard?!?! :o
Heresy, I say!! :D
What??!??
;)

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#913 Post by ToniXX »

rredmond wrote:Not normally one of my house rules, but I certainly could have been talked into it. Or was that a rule from the SKYPE game?? I remember it, but thought it was my cleric?
Whatever, we certainly could discuss it now, CH or not. :lol:
Well, you have final say. I can nix two of my 1st level spells, choose two 2nd level ones. You let me know.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#914 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Sorry folks. I should have this updated by tomorrow morning.
Been one of those weeks. :)
I'll just assume you meant to post one of these in one of the longest-standing games on the forum?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#915 Post by rredmond »

Hee hee. Yeah, I abuse you guys. I know you guys are in my other games and saw that.
Plus I know you wouldn't ditch me no matter how itchy your trigger finger got... hey where you going Ethan??????!!!
:lol:
I'm definitely updating tomorrow. Sorry guys. Been an interesting day at work. The agency we merged with is VERY laid back, almost too laid back. It's been causing some interesting frustrations because (I think as you've all gathered) my agency is a wee too intense. Making for some fun effects.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#916 Post by Alethan »

Yeah... I couldn't very well pick up my Till and go somewhere else, could I? Nor would I want to. ;)

Sounds like you have a good mix of chocolate and peanut butter there, Ron. Everything balances out now, right?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#917 Post by rredmond »

I'm hoping it'll balance out. The State of NJ thinks it'll all be good. They have less urgency than us, but better systems. I was in charge of $12 million worth of programs and 160 staff, the whole kit-and-kaboodle. The guy who takes over from me will be in charge of the direct care staff. They have an Operations (Maintenance) Director, a Nursing Director, a Clinical Director... he'll have to worry about none of that. When I was telling them about the boilers I was replacing and the bathroom I had redone the new Director and our boss, the COO, were like "Oh the Operations Director will handle that piece and all capital funds come out of the agency-wide budget, not each program's budget"
:shock:
I think I want the job back!! ;)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#918 Post by rredmond »

Hey guys my apologies, I should be able to update tomorrow morning!
Work has been a joy... preparing my resume actually, just in case. ;)
Thanks!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#919 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Hey guys my apologies, I should be able to update tomorrow morning!
Work has been a joy... preparing my resume actually, just in case. ;)
Thanks!

Brother, you need to STEP AWAY from the crazy people. Nobody should have that much crap to deal with... unless they're pulling six figures where the first one starts with a 2 or higher.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#920 Post by rredmond »

Heh. I wouldn't mind six figures no matter what it started with! :)
Just with the State of NJ as it is, every agency is all sorts of crazy. I'm not worried, just being prepared you know? We will see.

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”