OOC / Questions?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC / Questions?

#961 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:All right. Cool. I'm down with pushing ahead. I'm really enjoying this game too. In retrospect I probably should not have picked a module with so much outside the dungeon stuff going on. ;) A dungeon DM am I. Luckily it's a real well written module. And honestly I have ideas for the next steps for these PCs; maybe involving some SKYPE play as well. But that's for the future. Okay, let's push on fellows, thanks for the feedback.
Ron, if I may be so bold...

You are selling yourself short as a DM, my good sir! The depth of your DM dynamic is not found in the shallow end of the pool. In fact, quite the contrary! Blame a well written module if you must, but we all know the truth!! :P

And in regards to your ideas and the possibility of future Skype sessions, I can only say this: 8-) 8-) 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#962 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Then he makes certain he has a rope with him and Till begins scaling the wall.
Do we know, from our previous experience scaling the wall, how wide the top of it (the wall) is? Basically, is it wide enough to sit/stand/lie down on?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#963 Post by rredmond »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:Then he makes certain he has a rope with him and Till begins scaling the wall.
Do we know, from our previous experience scaling the wall, how wide the top of it (the wall) is? Basically, is it wide enough to sit/stand/lie down on?
Absolutely. The outer walls are made for guards, probably about 15' wide. The elevated walkway from tower to outer wall (and then down into the goblin lair) is about 20' wide.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#964 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:yup merlons there are! I didn't know what they were called before today, but there are merlons to tie a rope around.
Also, I like words. :)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#965 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:
rredmond wrote:yup merlons there are! I didn't know what they were called before today, but there are merlons to tie a rope around.
Without a doubt!
Not sure to call you wordsmith... or grammarsmith :)

But yes you are!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#966 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:
Alethan wrote:
Without a doubt!
Not sure to call you wordsmith... or grammarsmith :)

But yes you are!
Along a similar line of thought, you should watch this TedX Talk on penmanship...

http://www.jakeweidmann.com/blog/jake-w ... mile-high/

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#967 Post by rredmond »

Technology, Entertainment, Design!
I dig TED Talks. Listening to this now. Thanks!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#968 Post by rredmond »

That was a good one!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#969 Post by Alethan »

The picture of Jesus drawn with one pen stroke was amazing!

Makes me want to work on my penmanship...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#970 Post by rredmond »

Made me chuckle that they have to pen their own certificate. :D

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#971 Post by rredmond »

This is interesting and I'm not sure I've ever used it before. But BtB "normally sleeping" opponents, you roll to kill them automatically as an assassin. Which, if all four of you go in (and don't wake the goblins) you'd all roll percentile dice. 75% and under, and you automatically kill the goblin. But here's the fun part, if you fail, it's still an auto-hit, so you still do damage as per the weapon used.

So that's a long way of saying, everyone who goes in to kill a goblin can roll a percentile die and a damage die. I'll determine if the clanking of armored dudes and duddette walking in awakens them or not, though it's not likely.

Interesting. Exactly the rule in the DMG as OSRIC, though the DMG would give y'all only a 70%.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#972 Post by dmw71 »

Argennian wrote:Work exploded and I took a hit for full damage...
Hope it wasn't critical, man. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#973 Post by rredmond »

I think we hit a dead spot?
:)
Just poking...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#974 Post by Argennian »

Think all we still need are declared actions/potential attack rolls for Till & Bruard for this round?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#975 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:Think all we still need are declared actions/potential attack rolls for Till & Bruard for this round?
I believe this has been completed.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#976 Post by Argennian »

<... & we wants to kills more goblins, (dungeon) master! ...> :P

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#977 Post by rredmond »

Sorry guys work got super crazy for me in an instant!
Lost two major positions at my children's residential program - I was in process of "losing" those folks anyway, but to have them both quit at the same time really sucked. And my second job exploded, so work has been about 80 hours a week, with half of my Saturdays off.
I still love the agency I work for though, nothing could be done for me by them. I'm building the "licensed therapists" business of the agency. I'm the only licensed therapist the agency has, besides the two folks that quit. So I literally (and the State of NJ was ensuring it!) did the job of three folks; my position, plus the Director's position, plus the Therapist's position. Fun fun!
:)
Anyway, my most sincere apologies, I hope to get us all back on track in this game!
Updating stuffs now. Thanks for your patience!!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#978 Post by rredmond »

ToniXX wrote:Bruard eggs the half-orc on, telling her how strong she is, and how he's getting slightly turned on. ;)
:lol:

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#979 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon does have that affect on people. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#980 Post by rredmond »

Hey guys, I'm going to put this game on hold for a bit I think.
It's starting to lose steam, things have gotten a bit hairy in RL for all of us, but mainly my stuff that's slowing it down.
Before we lose the good that is this game, I'd rather put a pause on it, and come back to it at a later, more sane time.
There's too much time and effort here to let it die; but I'm betting we can come back to it, a month or three from now, with renewed vigor.
Sound okay to you all? I don't want to be a party pooper, but I think stepping away from DMing this game might be best. Maybe I'll have a go (in a month or so) at a western rpg here ( :D ) or maybe I'll just play and not DM for a bit. But I want to pause this game.
Putting it ON HOLD, it isn't dead! Just on hold.
Thanks guys!

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”