OOC / Questions?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC / Questions?

#941 Post by Argennian »

+3 on everything!! :P

That is the best news, Ron. You deserve to be appreciated and rewarded for caring and for working as hard as you have. To better times a coming, my friend. To better times...

By Moradin's Iron Beard & Arms! I rejoice that the great Karma wheel in the sky doth still rolleth! It feels good to have faith in humanity again! 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#942 Post by rredmond »

Hey guys, sorry!
I hope to update by tomorrow morning. The new job first day was excellent!!!

Be well,
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#943 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:... The new job first day was excellent!!! ...

Excellent!!! :P

Continued congrats there, Ron! Best wishes for continued days of ongoing excellence! And more!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#944 Post by Argennian »

Just wanted to pop in with proffered apols for being MIA so long this week, gang. Work's been uber-gnarly busy factor alpha again... :(

I'll get an IC action post up for Yosef tonight after work, at the latest!

EDIT: had to take an unexpected late repair Friday night and didn't get a chance to post before heading out this weekend. Looking to get caught up tonight when I get home or in the early am if too late. Continued apols again for my lateness, all! :oops:

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#945 Post by Argennian »

While going back through our threads here for the last couple of hours, I just realized that I never rolled hit points for Yosef when he made 4th level fighter! :shock:

Ron, does Yosef need more training time with Jeloon or is he now considered as having been officially trained to Fighter4?

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#946 Post by rredmond »

Oh no, definitely all official. Please increase those HPs!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#947 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:Oh no, definitely all official. Please increase those HPs!
Yosef: HP roll for new Fighter level (to be divided by 2) [1d10] = 6

So that's an addition of a whopping +3hp for the High elf fighter4/magic-user3 and a new Thac0 of 17! Please update records to reflect Yosef at 13hp now, Ron! :P

So I guess all that's left tbd is Jeloon's bill for training him to 4th level! :)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#948 Post by Alethan »

Sorry, Ron. tbchwy, the choppy-ness of game flow has obviously negatively impacted the game.

I'd like very much to pick the game back up to proper speed. But if we're going to do this, we need to all be on the same page, with participation on all ends. With your new job, what are your current post expectations for yourself and for us players? The rate doesn't matter to me as much as equal activity by all of us.

Regarding your latest OOC comment, let me sit down this evening and try and formulate a proper post.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#949 Post by rredmond »

No apologies necessary. I getcha.
Things are better now, but believe me I won't be running multiple games in the future! :)
No I'm up for two posts a week, but if we all can't agree then I'm up for scrapping the game. Honestly I wouldn't want to go with any other crew than the guys we have now.
RL can be a kick in the head sometimes! But let's get a consensus from all. If folks can't do it because of life goings on, then we can scrap, or better yet go on hiatus... sometimes games come out of mothballs... sometimes.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#950 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:No apologies necessary. I getcha.
Things are better now, but believe me I won't be running multiple games in the future! :)
No I'm up for two posts a week, but if we all can't agree then I'm up for scrapping the game. Honestly I wouldn't want to go with any other crew than the guys we have now.
RL can be a kick in the head sometimes! But let's get a consensus from all. If folks can't do it because of life goings on, then we can scrap, or better yet go on hiatus... sometimes games come out of mothballs... sometimes.
Don't get me wrong - I absolutely do NOT want to scrap the game. I most definitely want to see the game through to the end! But we need to regroup and renew our energies in the game if we want it to continue.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#951 Post by rredmond »

Oh and considering my post in the Action thread, just to clarify, I did mean I was missing something that you needed. I wasn't trying to imply that I was missing anything from you guys, just that I may have missed answering a question or request.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#952 Post by ToniXX »

I'll admit wholeheartedly that I've been very lacking in my responses to this game. My current position is that I'm good with whatever you guys decide on when to attack.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#953 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:Don't get me wrong - I absolutely do NOT want to scrap the game. I most definitely want to see the game through to the end! But we need to regroup and renew our energies in the game if we want it to continue.
No I understood Ethan. And I agree. I believe I can do Mondays and Wednesdays for DM posts, at least; I'm trying something different in real life, with getting up early to exercise and stuff. I think it's a better idea to post from home in the morning as opposed to finding time here and there. This is a campaign of a module, almost a bite more than I can chew :D .

I just don't want folks (because the guys in this game are all friendly) to say they can keep going to not hurt me as opposed to it'll still be fun. I will be bummed to lose this game (that's why I switched to "hiatus" ;) ) but I want to be sure we're all having fun. And my inconsistent posting has definitely hindered that. If the love is lost for the game, I'm okay with us putting her on hiatus.

The job is crazy busy, but I'm with a much better and more supportive agency. The CEO cooks dinners in the break room and stuff, it's a real family business kind of feel. I feel like I'm getting more and more out of a work funk that I didn't know how deep I was in!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#954 Post by dmw71 »

Honestly, I'm fine either way.

While I feel like I still haven't truly connected with Jeloon, it was the glacial pace of the game that allowed me to keep up. That said, if the consensus is to continue, I should be okay to up the pace of play a bit... assuming it's something Ron can maintain (while still keeping the game fun).
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#955 Post by Argennian »

In all honesty, I'd never even considered the possibility of stopping or shelving this game. Given the choice, I would never vote to do either. Not this game. No way, no how.

Sure the pace has become glacial but it's never stopped. Do I want to play and post more often? Absolutely Alpha Tango Foxtrot confirmed I do! But can I live with the slow(er) pace? Yes. I guess it never really bothered me because I had never considered the possibility that any one of us would ever even entertain thoughts of stopping before it was actually over or completed In Game. Not you, not me! Not ANYONE here!! :shock:

Okay, now I know I'm being immature and presumptuous to assume such a juvenile and inculpable position. Just figured that I could share that with you guys in a moment of uncertainty and vulnerability. I beg you forgive my angular indulgences! Why? Well, because you know, we've known and gamed with each other here for a long time now. I confess and admit to considering everyone here a friend more than just a gaming acquaintance, hence my predisposition to ingratiate a perceived commonality and fondness for each of you and our collective experiences together in this arena of not just fantasy but hope.

So, if we're sounding off or putting it to a vote: put me in the "I want to continue" column.
Of course, I wish that everyone here wants to continue just as much as I do. That goes double for Ron.

If given a choice between the shelf and stoppage?
The shelf, no questions asked. Wouldn't like it but wouldn't hesitate to want to save the game, no matter what.

If asked how long I would wait for this game and continue hoping against all hope for the chance of glorious victory or epic defeat?
Forever.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#956 Post by ToniXX »

I agree with Mitch: I in no way want to see this game stopped. We've come this far it would be a shame. I never even thought stopping was an option, but if Ron needs to put it on hold, I understand.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#957 Post by rredmond »

All right. Cool. I'm down with pushing ahead. I'm really enjoying this game too. In retrospect I probably should not have picked a module with so much outside the dungeon stuff going on. ;) A dungeon DM am I. Luckily it's a real well written module. And honestly I have ideas for the next steps for these PCs; maybe involving some SKYPE play as well. But that's for the future. Okay, let's push on fellows, thanks for the feedback.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#958 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:And honestly I have ideas for the next steps for these PCs; maybe involving some SKYPE play as well. But that's for the future.
Umm... you mean beyond this module???

Yes, that is WAY in the future. ;)

We could possibly be doing Virtual Holographic LARP by that point!

hehe

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#959 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:We could possibly be doing Virtual Holographic LARP by that point!
I really don't think any of you want to be subjected to seeing me in Jeloon's metal bikini.

Trust me. ;)
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#960 Post by rredmond »

There was a, Justice League maybe, comic that had a quick cell of the superheroes playing holographic D&D. It was pretty cool IIRC!

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”