2-Down the well, into UnderMountain (first trip)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: 2-Down the well, into UnderMountain (first trip)

#81 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Init: [1d10] = 8

Glimble was actually one of the last to come over he was fiddling with a broken shield. And is in the rear ranks.

Glimble will try to cast bless before anyone starts fighting back hopefully. If not then Glimble will cast Aid on Thorax.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by ybn1197 »

Cormack would have been with Tella and Glimble as he was trying to keep on eye on them as they inspected the loot but was also keeping an eye on Thorax, so I guess he is in the middle of the ranks but will be moving as best he can towards the front.

GreyWolfVT

#83 Post by GreyWolfVT »

It might have been Thorax and Dagmar in the front as Glimble and Tella were the last two to rejoin Thorax and Cormack.

So my best guess is that the front is Thorax and Dagmar followed by Cormack and Tella or Glimble then the others are behind us.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#84 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Tella casts Flaming Sphere in front of the party by 10' or so, she will then roll it toward the bugbear.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#85 Post by Darkmane »

Ok, action summary from so far:

Glimble pushes his way up close enough to cast Bless (you should be able to beat them closing in on melee, check the "casting time" for the spell, you can do Aid as a back up) - he begins casting now

Tella also begins casting Flaming Sphere - she begins casting now

Initiative: 8

So I just need attack rolls or actions from Thorax and Dagmar, who took the front line, and we are good!

Cormack won't be able to go melee if Dagmar and Thorax are up in front, but you could use a missile weapon or cast a spell if you choose.

GreyWolfVT

#86 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bless Casting Time: 1 round Duration: 6 melee rounds

Having Blessed the party there is no need to cast Aid it takes 5 rounds to cast.

Glimble having too many friends between him and the enemies will only be doing melee and field medic type stuff. So he grabs out his flail.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#87 Post by ylinett »

As bless effects only those already not in combat I will have to suffice with my 19...

Thorax bellows in rage. Being unprepared he responds with his natural instinct. He smashed the attacker with his Axe more with brute strength than skill (6 damage) and tries to take his bearings.

GreyWolfVT

#88 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ylinett wrote:As bless effects only those already not in combat I will have to suffice with my 19...

Thorax bellows in rage. Being unprepared he responds with his natural instinct. He smashed the attacker with his Axe more with brute strength than skill (6 damage) and tries to take his bearings.
Nobody was in melee before I cast the spell so you should still get it if i understand the DM's wordings properly.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by ylinett »

Works for me...sorry for the delay guys my phone ate the notification. Let me know I have a 20 instead ;)

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#90 Post by Distorted Humor »

Dagmar swings

[1d20] = 3

[1d20] = 7

(assume both longsword and shortsword miss their)

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#91 Post by Darkmane »

Round 1

Dagmar and Thorax step forward, as the dwarf releases a cry of rage. The bugbear and orc charge forward to meet the party, and the bugbear chucks a club at Tella [hitting her for 2 damage!, he only beat your initiative + casting time by 1 pt, so make a if you can roll under your Con score -8 I'll let you get the spell off].

As the two groups clash, Dagmar and the Orc duel, scimitar on longsword and shortsword, neither side drawing blood. Meanwhile, as the bugbear is pulling out his heavy mace, Thorax catches him off guard and slams him with his axe.

From behind the original 2 humanoids, 3 more orcs and 1 more bugbear are running foward to join the fray.

*Glimble I was double checking the bit about Bless - bless takes 1Rnd to cast, which means it goes into effect last in the round that you begin to cast it. Aid had a casting time of 5 which means you add 5 to the initiative roll (not that it takes 5 rounds to cast). So if you cast Bless it will take effect at the end of the round: helping you, Tella, and Cormack, but not Dagmar or Thorax. If you use Aid, you would beat Thorax's weapon speed (7) and be able to enchant the dwarf before he joins into melee. Or you can cancel either move, now that you are armed with the info of what will happen.*

OK, after we finish Round 1 for Tella and Glimble, lets start figuring on Actions for Round 2!

GreyWolfVT

#92 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble

having been confuzed will be casting Aid upon Thorax in round 1 if he can get close enough. which btw will give him extra HP "illusionary HP" I believe it was 1d8 extra HP plus bless effects. The HP effects only until he gets hit after having the spell on him if I read it correctly.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

That's a fail for Tella: [1d20] = 20

She'll try magic missile the next round.
Last edited by spanningtree on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Spiderdown
Tracker
Tracker

#94 Post by Spiderdown »

EDIT: Staying in hiding at GM's advice...
Last edited by Spiderdown on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by ybn1197 »

Cormack will throw one of his throwing axes at the orc dueling Dagmar.

Attack: [1d20] = 14 Damage: [1d4+1] = 1+1 = 2

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#96 Post by ylinett »

Brother Thorax new in a near frenzy swings his axe again and again. Roll to hit [1d20] = 9 Hitting AC 6 (with Aid) for Roll for damage [1d8+5] = 7+5 = 12 and then Roll to hit [1d20] = 13 Hitting AC 2 (with Aid) for Roll for damage [1d8+5] = 7+5 = 12.

GreyWolfVT

#97 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ylinett wrote:Brother Thorax new in a near frenzy swings his axe again and again. Roll to hit [1d20] = 9 Hitting AC 6 (with Aid) for Roll for damage [1d8+5] = 7+5 = 12 and then Roll to hit [1d20] = 13 Hitting AC 2 (with Aid) for Roll for damage [1d8+5] = 7+5 = 12.
You will also have a higher HP count but not sure if DM wants me to roll that or if he will.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#98 Post by ylinett »

Assuming I had Aid cast upon me, and that I am supposed to roll the HP I had Aid Hitpoints [1d8] = 6...which either comes in after the hit I took or prior, I am not sure which and will update my health once I am told accordingly.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#99 Post by Darkmane »

Ok, I almost have actions from everyone. I'll move things ahead tonight or tomorrow morning.

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”