2-Down the well, into UnderMountain (first trip)

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

Re: 2-Down the well, into UnderMountain (first trip)

#401 Post by ylinett »

Thorax will reach out with his hand and lay it upon the sword "Clangeddin, you who we owe so much to, look past this dwarf's transgressions and see the mettle within. Bless him and his weapon, bring them revelation through the glory of battle. Let him bathe in blood and revel in entrails. Let the lives of your foes fall like flakes of obsidian chipped off a knife. Give him the strength of granite and make his heart as untarnishable as gold. Even the lowest amount us can be lifted up with your hand, so how far will this one go?". With that Thorax steps back and nods.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#402 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble talks to his companions in a hushed tone "I think we could have a better chance if we just took the mans directions and paid him for the information. How long do you think us trying to figure it out alone would take brother Thorax? Unless anyone of you thinks trying to follow tracks down in a busy place as this will even be of help to get in the right direction I think we should just pay him."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#403 Post by Darkmane »

I'll give the others a chance to chime in if they want to. We have a vote for not paying and finding your own way out (Thorax), and a vote for increasing the payment and getting Trevor to tell you the way out (Glimble).

GreyWolfVT

#404 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm fine if we want to pass on the mans offer if the players with tracking wish to try and track our way back alone. I just don't have the skill myself.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Spiderdown
Tracker
Tracker

#405 Post by Spiderdown »

That's nice, Muriel thanks them, but wandering underground labyrinths is the reason why I came to this town. Actually I have a bit of free information for you gentlemen - you might have better luck, but we couldn't actually open that white block gate from the other side so watch yourselves if you go through there. Good delving to you, she bids them farewell.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#406 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage 13/14

Tella votes to not pay.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#407 Post by ybn1197 »

"Silverbeard, ha!" Cormack mutters. "Running around with the likes of him, I would swear you pay homage to Abbathor." Cormack looks to the others in his group. "I agree with Muriel. We came here to look around and discover things on our own. He'll not be getting a copper from me." He then turns to face Trevor. "I will thank ya for openin' the door for us though. Let it not be said that I wasn't thankful for the things I do get."

GreyWolfVT

#408 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble whispers to his friends "I suspect an attack from these folk if we turn and leave on our own so be at the ready."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#409 Post by Darkmane »

With the majority of you voting to pass on paying for the info on how to get out of the dungeon, Trevor wishes you good luck and turns away from your group, heading down the corridor with his dwarves and leaving you behind. You do notice that when he gets to the end of the hallway - it branches off to the left and right -> Trevor and the dwarves go left.

After you pick up your stuff and ready all weapons, you head down the hallway and look both ways, to the left the hallway turns after just 30 feet so you no longer see the Irlingstar Trio. Looking to the right, the corridor heads quite a distance down the hallway. Looking down in that direction, the hall turns after perhaps 50-60 feet and then there is another curtain of shimmering blackness blocking off the entire hallway...

GreyWolfVT

#410 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble uses his inherited underground abilities to detect some things before they go much further. "Any of you trackers wish to figure out a good path back out? Or are we done down here yet for the first trip? I'll check something to see how far down we are direction and so forth. I'll also try to determine if anything is unstable to avoid going down an unsafe path."

Determine the approximate depth underground[1d6] = 1 Pass
Determine approximate direction underground[1d6] = 5 Fail
Detect unsafe walls, ceilings, or floors[1d10] = 3 Pass
Detect any grade or slope in the passage they are passing through[1d6] = 4 Pass

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#411 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Mage

Tacking was a skill I did not inherit... she will say with a slight shrug. I'm not sure they would appreciate us shadowing them but I am left to wonder if the shimmer black curtain is also a teleport. Roch and a hard place. She will mutter under her breath.

GreyWolfVT

#412 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "Tis fine Tella we all get curious about things. Look what trouble I got us into over that silly lever. We all make mistakes the important part is we all are still alive to learn from the mistakes." he tries to easy Tella's mind about the black portal.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#413 Post by ybn1197 »

Cormack - Dwarven Fighter 23/28

"I agree. I doubt Trevor would enjoy a tail at the moment; and I am sure he will be checking over his shoulder quite often to make sure we aren't following. He may even take a couple of double-backs to keep us from tracking them. I don't like the looks of that curtain though. I think we should give Trevor and crew a little more time to get ahead of us, then head down that hallway. I don't want to follow them but I think we should at least look and see what is after that bend."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#414 Post by spanningtree »

OCC @ GM: I'm not sure if Tella can tell or not but does the "black curtain" look anything like the teleport that she and Glimble first stepped through?

GreyWolfVT

#415 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "I miss read you Tella but yes I am concerned with this new black curtain looking thing I suspect it is very much similar to the one that brought us here."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#416 Post by Darkmane »

Glimble inspects his surroundings: it seems you are still about at the same depth, and the corridor that heads away from the white marble sliding stone faces south, everything seems pretty level in the corridors ahead and also the floors seem solid with nothing unsafe about them. I rolled different rolls, I like to do that with any "detection skills" - thief, race, or proficiency based etc... cuz in glimbles mind he won't know the roll.

The black curtain in the hallway looks just like the one near the Forest of Pillars room at the very beginning of the dungeon trip. It looks quite different from the teleport trap which looked like something metallic, or something on the back of the wall that drew you in using magic light that emanated from the original spot or crack.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#417 Post by ylinett »

Brother Thorax states "We should look around for how they moved the stone while we are here. After that let's check the direction they went. We have given them time. Besides, I don't like the look of that blackness."

GreyWolfVT

#418 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "After the last one I don't care how close or not the thing looks to the last one I'll not be investigating things of that nature anytime soon. I do however think it is wise to check the direction Trevor went as well as the way he did not go. I could careless about finding the trigger to open that stone as it won't do a bit of good if we are on the other side." Glimble looks around gets his lantern lit again. Peers down the passage that Trevor did not go. But does not stray from the group much.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#419 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage 13/14

I agree with bother Thorax, we should try and find how the stone was closed and perhaps try to open the portal. What would happen if we fall victim to another teleport and end up in the pool room again? She also agrees to follow the other party.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#420 Post by Darkmane »

You search the hallway outside the white marble stone block, but don't find anything of interest. You see a couple of scratches on the marble and on the walls around it. You also push in lots of areas on the walls and step around on the ground looking for pressure plates, but find nothing. Whatever triggered the stone to fall and rise, must be magical, or really hard to find, or it could have been a set timed event.

Searching throroughly wastes quite a bit of time, giving the Irlingstar Trio substantial time to get ahead of you.

You then follow down the hallway to the right. It bends several times and then comes to a door.It is slightly ajar. As quietly as you can you slide it fully open. It reveals a corridor splitting off to the North and South, according to Glimble's direction sense.

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”