IC: Part 3: House of the Templar

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

Re: IC: Part 3: House of the Templar

#141 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Mukuli, Lizard and Map***

"I agree with you Sargon. Let the lizard live for now and we go get that stone. When we find out more information than we can best make our minds up as to what to do with the Drakai." Looking at the others, "what about the rest of you, sound like a plan?"

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#142 Post by Rostranor »

Ari-nasir was still troubled whenthe party gathered around Mukuli.

"The vision was crystal clear and terrible when I saw it and it is still burned into my mind sharper than the image of you around me. I thought it the passing after effects of the trap until the lizard mentioned the stone. I agree with Sargon. He does not serve Nythura. That creature was being served by demons and twisted beings. The lizards and the men struggled together to defeat the beasts. Stealing the map to keep the jewel from the cult of men makes sense, but why disturb the jewel? It is possible that he fears this man will go after the jewel without the map. I am willing to go after the jewel, but I would like to hear the Lizards true intent and not confuse us with lies and half truths."

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#143 Post by Dogma »

"If the man we took the map from truly wants the jewel for nefarious means then it is probable that he made a copy of it, the same as we have done. We must go to retrieve it if for no other reason than to keep it from their grasp," chimed in the sorcerer. "Whether the lizards lives or dies is a little consequence, though it is true that his death may cause trouble for us.'

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#144 Post by MrHemlocks »

"Ok, Ptah, than let's go back in and hear what he has to say. We can than best make our minds up as to what the next course of action shall."Heading over to the door as if to open it, Mukuli stops and looks back at the others. "Are we ready?"

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#145 Post by Todd Spengo »

Arngrim nods. He'll follow the last man back into the tavern.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#146 Post by Blazeguard »

Sargon nods in agreement and prepares to follow Mukuli back into the room.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#147 Post by MrHemlocks »

Having the group, in the lizard's room, Mukuli speaks to the scaly humanoid standing before him."My friends and I, have a few questions to ask you. Once answered maybe than we can all come to a more mutual understanding?" Looking at Ari-nasir."you had a couple of questions to ask? Now is the time to clear the air."

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#148 Post by imperialus »

The Lizard nods and says:

"Perhaps I will speak first, then answer questions. Mayhaps I will answer some before they are asked then. He pauses for a moment as though collecting his thoughts.

"First off, the vision you companion experienced was a window into the past. I was a young member of my clan when the madness of Denethrax possessed her. In spite of being one of the most powerful sorcerers in memory Denethrax sought to further her power, making dark pacts with unspeakable forces. This much you know... Now there were sorcerers who's loyalty she held who aided her in opening the gates through which the terrible demonic beings she allied with poured forth. The dewomers required to summon such gates into being are far beyond the abilities of most sorcerers however... That is at least, without aid. A key if you will. This stone you saw is just such a key. With it, a sorcerer of lesser power may not only open a gate, and summon those beasts beyond.

My people saw what Denethrax was doing and knew that it would spell the doom of this world. We also knew that should others usurp her power, it would only be a matter of time before their own desires would warp their minds and draw them to the same bargain. Thus we sought to recover these keys, and put them beyond the reach of those who would use them... That stone, is one of the few that remains. What your vision did not show you, is that we were driven back from that temple, and scattered. We failed, at great cost to recover the stone. It was sealed within, and abandoned. Now, with this"
he points to the map "we have the chance to recover it."

Kissarth then takes a long pull from his tankard and pauses as though waiting to hear if there are any questions so far.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#149 Post by Blazeguard »

Sargon nods thoughtfully and then asks, "Have you any idea of what creatures or power still linger in this place?"

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#150 Post by MrHemlocks »

"I am sorry to have questioned your loyalty but my needs still are in question. A new recurve bow and some of this cities finest poison is what I ask of you."
I posted his request a few post up^^^

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#151 Post by imperialus »

Turning to Sargon first. Kissarth says "Unfortunately no. It may be completely abandoned, though I doubt so. Evil creatures would be drawn to the stone's power, this much I know, but beyond that..." he shrugs. To Mukuli "I have some essence of nightshade that may serve your purpose. As for the bow... I am no arms dealer, but I may be able to acquire one."

He then turns his attention back to the map. "What matters most is not the map. Were it simply a matter of traveling there and recovering the stone my people would have done so years ago. This however" he says pointing at the script on the back does matter. The cultists of Denethrax laid a powerful dwomer to guard the stone, and this gives instructions, albeit coded that may help unravel it. I will need several days to try and translate it. Ptah-Kahmak, I may require your assistance if you are available, my people have little skill in magic. Otherwise, if we are in agreement, and there are no other questions, please prepare yourselves. he reaches into a pocket and pulls out a signant ring proffering it to Sargon "This will identify you as purchasing agents for one of my companies. Buy what is necessary for a long journey into hostile country.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#152 Post by Blazeguard »

Sargon accepts the proffered ring with a bow, "Shall we agree to meet back here at a certain time or will you contact us once you have deciphered the code?"

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#153 Post by imperialus »

"So long as Blathu knows where you might be found, I will contact you."

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#154 Post by MrHemlocks »

So, I guess we are in agreement? Before we move on does Mukuli get his bow and poison? We shake hands and leave Mr. Lizard's room...

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#155 Post by Dogma »

[quote="imperialus"]

Ptah-Kahmak, I may require your assistance if you are available, my people have little skill in magic. [quote]

Ptah-Kahtmak spreads his hands and bows his head humbly. "What skills I have in the mystical arts are at your disposal."

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#156 Post by Rostranor »

The quick smile of Ari-nasir had not yet returned in full. The fortunate sailor of the sands had not fully recovered from his revelation and the gravity of the task that he was being tasked with undertaking.

I believe that this quest is important. So, good friends I say we endeavor to undertake this quest. I have never in my days seen a jungle, but if it is the same as that which I saw in my vision I expect it to be wet, loud, and teaming with all kinds of life. I do not know where to begin in packing for such an expedition. We can also expect the Templar to be hot on our heels. Perhaps we should spy on our friend to determine how he intends to proceed. As for us, I would choose the water route.

Return to “Tales From the Fallen Empire [DCC]”