IC: Part 3: House of the Templar

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

Re: IC: Part 3: House of the Templar

#101 Post by Blazeguard »

Sargon looks around, "As much as I'd like to see what's inside, I'm not sure smashing it is the wisest course of action. I'm sure our 'employer' would have someone who could open it up and I know it would be worth more in one piece as opposed to kindling. Unless someone else wants to try their hand at disabling the trap." He pauses, "I say we continue on and bring the chest with us when we leave."

OOC: How big and heavy is the chest? Would we be able to take it with us when we leave?

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#102 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Mukuli, Upstairs of the Temple***

Walking over to the chest, Mukuli stops."I understand our concerns but there might be something in this that could lead us to that blasted map or even help get us out of here alive. Like I said before, if the maids yells did not alert guards to our presence than doing this will be fine." Reaching down, Mukuli grabs the chest. He tosses it against the far corner of the room in the hopes of triggering the trap and releases what is hidden within.
I figure a toss, into the corner of the room/wall, at about fifteen feet should do the trick ;)

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#103 Post by Dogma »

Ptah-Kahtmak - Upstairs

The Keshite sorcerer squatted over the drugged Ari-Nasar. He lifts the man's eyelids to peer into his eyes and slaps his face a couple times. He has seen the results of the Lotus flower before and knew of its intoxicating properties. What he couldn't remember was how long it lasted or if there was a way to counteract it. Maybe if he thought for a bit he would remember.

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#104 Post by Rostranor »

Zzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzz.

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#105 Post by imperialus »

The chest is probably about 1 cubic foot. Not huge by any means. Muluki has no problems heaving it across the room where it shatters against the wall. Investigating the detrius you see a piece of parchment that appears, quite probably to be the map that you seek.

Ptah-Kahtmak: It's been a while, but you figure he will likely snap out of it in a few hours. Unfortunatly it can be almost impossible to awaken someone who is entraced by it.

Ari-Nasar
your vision refocus's on the altar. As the sorcerer tears the heart of his victim out of his chest the blood runs down the altar and seems to soak into the gemstone set in it. After a moment the gemstone begins to glow, and dark tendrels emerge from it, writhing around the sorcerer. He begins to change before your eyes. His legs twist and reshape into those of a goat, while horns sprout from his head, and his body grows to a massive size. He charges down the ziggaraut, fists smashing into the men and draki. The world erupts into blood, screams and chaos as your vision swirls again and everything goes dark.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#106 Post by MrHemlocks »

Smiling at the success of breaking open the chest and revealing the map within, Mukuli looks at the others."Well gents, seems like we got what we came for now let's get the heck out of here!" Feeling the evil that dwells within this place and having many unanswered questions he says, "if you want, when we report back to the lizard we can mention to him what we seen here. Maybe the lizard can tells us more about the history of this cult hangout and possibly another mission?" Shaking his arms and than the rest of his body, "this place just does not feel 'right'."

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#107 Post by Dogma »

Ptah- Khatmak, upstairs

"Let us first make sure this is parchment is the map for which we seek. One of you, go and retreive it so it may be examined. It would not do to return to the lizards with the wrong scrap of paper. " replied Ptah, still squatting besides Ari-Nasir.

"And then we still have the problem of our friend here. The lotus essence he inhaled will have him in its grasp for several hours at least. And I know of no way to wake him before it is ready to release him."The sorcerer emphasizes this with a slap to the drugged man's face. "Some one with more strength than I will need to carry him. I fear he would not like being left behind."

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#108 Post by Todd Spengo »

Arngrim replies. "I will carry him."

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#109 Post by MrHemlocks »

"I will go and gather the map from the chest." Grabbing a chair and using its leg, as an extension of his arm, he pulls the map towards him and away from the broken chest. With the map secured he walks over to the rest of the group and opens the parchment up for all to see. "Well guys here it is."

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#110 Post by imperialus »

It does indeed appear to be a map, hopefully the one you seek. It appears to show a portion of the Seqet River near the coast, with a large dot placed well into the Khremata Forest.

On the back there are several notes, but they seem to be scrawled in some sort of code. The characters are Vullese, but they don't actually form words.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#111 Post by MrHemlocks »

"Well, guys I am out of here. You can stay here or do whatever." Securing his gear, Mukuli heads down the balcony, over the wall and than he will meet up with Blathu . All the while using shadows and the darkness of night as cover.

sneak [1d20+3] = 15+3 = 18
hide [1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21
WOW!!!

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#112 Post by Todd Spengo »

Arngrim hoists Ari-nasr over his shoulder. He growls, "Mukuli thought only of himself. I shall remember."

He moves down the stairs, outside, and across the garden to the outer gate.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#113 Post by Dogma »

Is it safe to assume we get clear of the temple ground safely?

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#114 Post by MrHemlocks »

Todd Spengo wrote:Arngrim hoists Ari-nasr over his shoulder. He growls, "Mukuli thought only of himself. I shall remember."

He moves down the stairs, outside, and across the garden to the outer gate.
Just trying to move the story along. I figured if Mukuli left, with the map, the others will follow. For they got want they came for?

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#115 Post by imperialus »

As you are escaping up over the wall you see a man and a number of armed guards racing towards the gate. The man is dressed in a richly embroidered toga is in the lead sword drawn and cursing the soldiers onward. The soldiers are equipped with fine mail made of iron links and wear swords at their hips.

"Thieves! Thieves have entered my home curse you! On men! We may yet catch them in the act!"

fortunately they don't seem to have noticed you and you are able to make good your escape to the tavern where you are set to meet Blathu.

Ptah-Kahtmak: It seems uncanny that the master of the house realized that there were intruders. You know of some dewomers that may allow for such an alarm to be raised, and if this is the case it only re-enforces your suspicion that this Templar is indeed a sorcerer of some skill.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#116 Post by MrHemlocks »

**Mukuli, Upstairs of the Templar***

Keeping to the shadows of the tarvern, Mukuli smiles at the rest of the party. "Well, looks like my hunch to leave was the right one after all. Now lets see if we can find his other fellow inside and get our reward."

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#117 Post by Blazeguard »

Before handing the map over, Sargon will copy the information from the back of the map and will see if he recognizes any of it or can decipher any of it.
Last edited by Blazeguard on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#118 Post by Dogma »

Blazeguard wrote:Before handing the map over, Sargon will copy the information from the back of the map and will see if he recognizes any of it or can decipher any of it.

OOC: On my phone so I will roll when I get home after work or you can roll for me if you need to.
Ptah was going to recommend this very action!

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#119 Post by MrHemlocks »

**Mukuli, Tavern***

"Great idea Sargon!" Handing the map over, Mukuli than waits...

LOL...I forgot what the reward was going to be! Did the lizard pay us already? The months of play have caused me to be a little forgetful.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#120 Post by MrHemlocks »

**Mukuli, Tavern***

After the map is copied, Mukuli takes the original back. Folding it and placing the parchment within his belt pouch he heads into the tavern. Pulling his hood over his head and using the shadows as a source of dark security, Mukuli heads for a rear table and from there scouts the place out for his contact.
I guess the rest of the party is doing the same? Not a word from anyone in the last 3 days....(

Return to “Tales From the Fallen Empire [DCC]”