2ed Adventure Thread

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

2ed Adventure Thread

#1 Post by masuro »

This is where the adventure will happen. Questions or comments about the game can go into the 2ed Out Of Character thread.
Find campaign information at Beoling Net.

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#2 Post by masuro »

4.1 Eostur Month, Eostur Day, Sunnandaeg (The first day of the fourth month, being Easter Month, Easter Day, Sunday)

It is the beginning of spring and there is a festive mood in the town of Beoling. From your seats in the Mindbender Tavern you can see children running about the streets with their coloured eggs, showing off their designs and patterns to other children. It is a festival day and the adults of the town are also in a good mood. There is no work (except for those of a mind to make profit such as innkeepers) and the day is one of fertility rites at the temple and more private rites at home in the evening.
The Tavern is crowded with mostly men who are drinking a lot of the tavern's famous brews and especially the mead, which is two-for-one on festival days. They brag of what they are going to do with their wives, mistresses, girlfriends, or whores come the end of the day but most of them will hardly be able to stand up straight by that time.
Your party sits on benches at a table near the window, enjoying the morning light. You are enjoying your cups of mead and looking forward to the meal of spring lamb that Dawn, the owner of the tavern, traditionally serves on this day for next to nothing. The prices will be much higher tomorrow but you choose to stay at this inn because you are hoping to get jobs with higher paying people than you would get in the cheaper but more unsavoury part of town by the docks. You have gotten to know each other a little since you all had the same plan when you came to Beoling and decided to stay at the Mindbender.
The morning passes and out comes the roast lamb with potatoes, leafy spring cabbage, gravy, and the last of the winter pickles. Just when you think you can't eat any more comes the pudding and sauce. You may not eat so well again for weeks. Being so full, you may not need to.

Falln
Tracker
Tracker

Re: 2ed Adventure Thread

#3 Post by Falln »

Pilydor enjoys looking at the pretty women, dressed up for the local festival. Who doesn’t like a fertility festival? Since he has nothing else to do besides waiting until an employer shows up, he plans to do some charity work near the docks in the name of his elven ancestors. Blessings and Cures are always welcomed by the townspeople, especially if they are free. (Pilydor can cast 3 1st level spells every day).

corum
Tracker
Tracker

#4 Post by corum »

Vadis sips his mead and dreams of battle. He is feeling mighty full and very content, and because of the drink a little mischievous.

"Pilydor, what say you and me have some fun, test out some of those spells of yours, what do you have?"

Falln
Tracker
Tracker

#5 Post by Falln »

corum wrote:"Pilydor, what say you and me have some fun, test out some of those spells of yours, what do you have?"
"Spells aren't meant to be fun, they are gifts from our ancestors. They are meant to help those in need and punish those who need punishment."

corum
Tracker
Tracker

#6 Post by corum »

Vadis gives pilydor a BIG slap on the back "ok, ok little man, you obviously dont have any good spells... have a drink, be merry, all work and no play makes Pilydor a dull boy"

Vadis hails a barkeep "over here, over here my good man, a drink for my friend Pilydor"

"Lets chat... so what do you want to do with your life pilydor... where do you want to adventure?"

Falln
Tracker
Tracker

#7 Post by Falln »

"Knowledge my friend. Knowledge is the key that opens many gates. And while searching this knowledge we can spread the words of our kind and help the helpless we find in our path. An othe day has started, an new day to do something good with our time. What are your plans Vadis?"

Pilydor takes a little nip from his mead.

Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#8 Post by Stik »

Darius smiles from his nearby seat: "His plans? His plans don't really matter; he's going home alone tonight regardless."
That said, Darius returns to tuning his mandolin. He'll play for fun, today. In a decent place like this he expects putting his hat out for tips would be deemed uncouth. Doesn't mean he can't enjoy himself, though.
Last edited by Stik on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

corum
Tracker
Tracker

#9 Post by corum »

"a song, a song" Looks toward the bard "sing us a song to lift our hearts... I may go home alone tonight, but tomorrow is another day!" Vadis spreads his arms wide "come comrades, lets not quarrell, I have a feeling we will soon grow to depend on one another"

"sing us a tale bard, times past, good times and battles won"
Last edited by corum on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Falln
Tracker
Tracker

#10 Post by Falln »

Pilydor allways loved songs and poetry. It reminds him of his home, his parents, his family, ...

Pilydor starts to recite a short poem concerning the order of nature:

The wind blows for liberty,
The river flows to reach the sea,
Because they are very lonely.

The birds fly
To touch the sky.
The arrival of Spring
Makes them sing.

The gentle wind makes flowers sway,
The colorful fly likes to play,
‘Cos it is a sweet day.

The foamy clouds stay high,
They act as white strokes on a blue canvas.
O’er the hills, they pass by
And fly around with a fascinating dance.
Just look at it, or take a glance.

This is the order of our beautiful nature,
Which is now in grave danger.

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by masuro »

"Fairy tree hugger!" shouts a particularly drunk craftsman from the corner. Others are more appreciative, however, and pass out both mead, bread, and cheese to the musician and poet.

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by masuro »

Amongst the merry-making, you hear a voice say somewhere in the room that there is going to be an execution the next day. It would have been this afternoon but there are no executions allowed on festival days.

corum
Tracker
Tracker

#13 Post by corum »

"hear that fellas... an execution, I wonder who the poor unfortunate is, and what the wretch has done?"

"I must talk to my brothers here and find out"

Vadis rises (a little worse for wear) and searches the crowd to see where the voice came from

Falln
Tracker
Tracker

#14 Post by Falln »

Pilydor in lingua: “Executions, the way that these savages try to deal with their own mistakes. It keeps the crowd calm by giving them what they want: entertainment. Why can't they find entertainment in the beauty of life? Why search it in death?“

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by masuro »

After stumbling a little about the tavern, Vadis learns from Dawn the owner (who has a knack for hearing everything that goes on. She is a retired illusionist.) that a man is to be executed (probably hung) the next morning at 8:00 for saying that the so-called "power of the gods and spirits" comes from the will and not from any external source. The city considers this to be blasphemy and the penalty for blasphemy is death.
Dawn says to Vadis, "I notice that your group has been here for a number of days and no work has come your way. If you don't think it beneath you, would you mind making a short trip to gather some herbs I need for my special potions? I usually go myself but I am busy because of the festival and some of my servants have come down with something and are home. I'll pay you a basic rate plus a bonus for each sprig you bring back. You can go tomorrow and it isn't that far from here."
(The potions she refers to are used for the special rooms in the tavern. Those with a lot of money can rent a room where they take a special hallucinogenic potion and live out fantasies with the aid of Dawn's illusionist magic. Think holo-deck from Star Trek. Most of the customers are rich men with sexual fantasies or weak men who want to pretend they live a life of adventure slaying goblins and dragons.)

corum
Tracker
Tracker

#16 Post by corum »

Vadis talks to Dawn pointing back towards his friends "Does this offer extend to my friends Darius and Pilydor too?, they could do with the work and are keen!"

Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#17 Post by Stik »

Darius ignores the business Vadis is conducting. He has an audience in front of him. He's going to entertain them.
"Now, now: not all the fair folk are nice tree-hugging types. Some are warriors, and vengeful at that. Perpend:

"A King of Elves there was of old,
Saranrap by name,
Who slew the Narcs at Mellowmarsh
And Sorhed's host did tame.

And with him marched the stubby dwarves
Drafted from their mines,
But when the fearsome Battle raged
They hid behind the lines.

Angered was the mighty King
About to raise the dickens,
'Just let me get my hands,' quoth he,
'On those half-pint chickens!'

Fearful were the chicken-Dwarves,
But mickle crafty too.
King Yellowbac, their skins to save,
The elves did try to woo.

'If you doubt our loyalty,'
Yello told the King,
'Take this gift, a dwarfish sword
That packs a mighty sting.

'Clearasil, it's called by name,'
The clever Dwarf spoke on,
'Take this bribe, and let us let
Bygones be bygone.'

'I accept this wondrous gift
And think you Dwarves are tops,'
Said he, as he took the sword
And smote him in the chops.

And since that day it's said by all
In ballad, lay and poem,
'Only trust an elf or dwarf
As far as you can throw 'em!'
"

On second thought, perhaps the hat would NOT be unwelcome. Finishing his song, Darius doffs his hat and bows, then drops it on the floor, upside down, to hopefully serve as a receptacle for tips.
Last edited by Stik on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Falln
Tracker
Tracker

#18 Post by Falln »

Pilydor enjoys the song and the mead. After lunch he starts to gather his belongings to go to the docks to do some charity work.

EDIT: changed breakfast to lunch
Last edited by Falln on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by masuro »

(It's after lunch now)

Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#20 Post by Stik »

"Visit the dockside tomorrow, Pilydor. The needy will be just as needy then, and you won't miss out on the uptown festival today."
Last edited by Stik on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Suthdael Campaign”