Out-of-character (OOC) chat

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

Out-of-character (OOC) chat

#1 Post by tumblingdice »

OOC chat here
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Out-of-character (OOC) chat

#2 Post by greyarea »

Rawk on! :)

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by connivingsumo »

Yea!! :mrgreen:

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by connivingsumo »

Not sure what's wrong w/my brain, but I'm really struggling with the menus for characters (created) and the campaigns they're in. I cannot figure out how to get back to the 'code' that links my stat rolls! :x

I've 'clicked' everywhere - any advice? :oops:

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by Alethan »

connivingsumo wrote:Not sure what's wrong w/my brain, but I'm really struggling with the menus for characters (created) and the campaigns they're in. I cannot figure out how to get back to the 'code' that links my stat rolls! :x

I've 'clicked' everywhere - any advice? :oops:
In the dice roller app, click on "My Characters" link. Then click on the scroll icon in the table (second column from the right side) to open the editable character sheet.

It is broken up into sections, with the ability to modify a section controlled by the icon that looks like a sheet of paper with a pencil eraser on it.

Once you've made your edits, click the blue triangle icon (I think - going from memory here) to save changes.

EDIT: yep, confirmed that is the icon.

Also, when you click on the My Character link and select the appropriate scroll icon, that next screen tells you the code you need for linking the character sheet into the forums.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by tumblingdice »

I'm glad it's working now.

Macros are cool, but does anyone object to the DM handling the dice rolls? I think it would move things along quicker, and besides, there are instances where the DM just has to ignore the dice rolls, or make secret dice rolls, or apply secret bonuses and penalties.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by badams30 »

Nope. Roll on, DM.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by greyarea »

I think letting the DM sets a dangerous precedent. As a fellow DM, I approve. :twisted:

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by Alethan »

greyarea wrote:I think letting the DM sets a dangerous precedent. As a fellow DM, I approve. :twisted:
There are already several games on the forum where the DM makes the rolls.

Makes me no nevermind, though. They're all supposed to be random, right? So... *shrugs*

In fact, TD, if you want to roll my character stats, that's cools with me.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by saalaria »

Testing testing one, two...my char hopefully will be on this site tonight.

Happy for you to make the rolls mr DM...no werewolves though are there?

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by connivingsumo »

Thanks Alethan.

I'm trying to get to the screen that has the actual dice rolls, and the php or HTML code. I can't seem to get to it again. :(

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by kipper »

tumblingdice wrote:I'm glad it's working now.

Macros are cool, but does anyone object to the DM handling the dice rolls? I think it would move things along quicker, and besides, there are instances where the DM just has to ignore the dice rolls, or make secret dice rolls, or apply secret bonuses and penalties.
Please do, I much prefer that way.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#13 Post by Alethan »

connivingsumo wrote:Thanks Alethan.

I'm trying to get to the screen that has the actual dice rolls, and the php or HTML code. I can't seem to get to it again. :(
Ahhh... sorry, misunderstood your question.

For starters, one thing to be careful of is that you do not make rolls from the Macros for Character: <insert character name> screen, which looks like this:
Macros for Character.JPG
Macros for Character.JPG (74.39 KiB) Viewed 968 times
Rolls made from this screen are test rolls only (indicated with the text, "Click the die icon to test-roll this macro.") and not saved in the database. They likewise do not provide any hyperlink data to post in the forum thread.

Once you have a character made, you need to click the link to Roll the Dice! and make your rolls from that screen. You can either use a pre-built macro or you can use the Roll on the Fly function to generate any roll you want.

If you ever want to search for a previous roll, or you want to see all rolls for a certain character or game, then click on the Search link. There, you can search by keyword (character name or campaign name) or by your own player name or a campaign in which you are participating to see the rolls. In your search results, you can see details for a specific roll by clicking on the Roll ID. From there, you can copy and paste the necessary code if you want to put it into a forum post.

Does that answer your question(s)?

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by connivingsumo »

Oh, and I'm quite alright with the DM rolling - just fine by me 8-)

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by connivingsumo »

I'm trying to get to the original stat rolls of the character. When I go to 'search' and either select the character name from the drop down, or type in the character name, it comes with 'no results found.' Ultimately, I'm wanting to fill out my stats on the character sheet and can't get back to the str/dex/int/wis/con/cha stat rolls. I'm about to scrap the character and start over - what a serious pain to find something so simple and essential. :( *I do appreciate your help though, Alethan - no complaints about you! ;)

EDIT: I did search on the campaign name and clicked a link to 'show all rolls for this campaign' which showed everyone's stat rolls except mine! LOL :roll:
Last edited by connivingsumo on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by tumblingdice »

Alethan wrote:
There are already several games on the forum where the DM makes the rolls.

Makes me no nevermind, though. They're all supposed to be random, right? So... *shrugs*

In fact, TD, if you want to roll my character stats, that's cools with me.
No, that's all right. I like for my players to roll their character stats.

Sumo, if you have to roll again, just roll again. Life is too short. You've never been one to game the system. You're a good role-player, and I want this to be fun. :D

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:Sumo, if you have to roll again, just roll again. Life is too short. You've never been one to game the system. You're a good role-player, and I want this to be fun. :D
OKIE-DOKIE! :mrgreen:

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#18 Post by Alethan »

connivingsumo wrote:I'm trying to get to the original stat rolls of the character. When I go to 'search' and either select the character name from the drop down, or type in the character name, it comes with 'no results found.' Ultimately, I'm wanting to fill out my stats on the character sheet and can't get back to the str/dex/int/wis/con/cha stat rolls. I'm about to scrap the character and start over - what a serious pain to find something so simple and essential. :( *I do appreciate your help though, Alethan - no complaints about you! ;)

EDIT: I did search on the campaign name and clicked a link to 'show all rolls for this campaign' which showed everyone's stat rolls except mine! LOL :roll:
Then either the rolls were done in the test roll section (and they were not saved to the database because they were test rolls) or you never saved the stat rolls, CS. Sorry; there really isn't any other option.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by connivingsumo »

OK, thank you. I will try to pay more attention next time.

So just because I can link the rolls Stats: STR:14, CHR:10, INT:14, DEX:15, CON:15, WIS:15

Doesn't mean they're saved to the database, correct?

THIS SCREEN IS THE ONE I WAS TRYING TO GET TO:
Last edited by connivingsumo on Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by tumblingdice »

It occurs to me that the tabbed character sheet includes no room for a picture. Feel free to add one before or after the copied and pasted form.

Return to “Forgotten Realms: Moonshae Isles Adventures (Labyrinth Lord AEC)”