Ch 8 : The Diary of Lord Thraydin

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Ch 8 : The Diary of Lord Thraydin

#1 Post by Stonjuz »

Chapter 8 : Return to the Sacred Temple of St. Cuthbert.
As fates would have it, Taleseka is up and strolling within the grounds of the temple. She meets you at the gates and she motions the group to follow her out of plain sight. She seems genuinely pleased to see the faces that are familiar to her. She begins to inquire of the ones who are new or missing, but cuts herself short. A few minutes after greetings and pleasantries are exchanged she says, "By all means, yes. Baths, all around, I would say are in order. What in the world have you been doing? I bet you have some news."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Ch 8 : Return to the Temple of Elemen...oops....St. Cuth

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Thank ya kindly, I definitely needed the bath after that little slip back there. I don't suppose I could trouble you for a new set of clothes?" Strongarm says with a smile of appreciation.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rukellian »

Is the paladin still stricken with her over aged state, or is she miraculously young and healthy again?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by Stonjuz »

She does seem to be recovering. She could now be mistaken for a 40 year old.
(She appeared to be 20 years old when first meeting her, at the whistling fish)

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by Stonjuz »

ednichols wrote:"Thank ya kindly, I definitely needed the bath after that little slip back there. I don't suppose I could trouble you for a new set of clothes?" Strongarm says with a smile of appreciation.
She points to the dormitory type baths. "All of you clean up in here. Hurry. Wash your clothes too. Here are some robes. Put these on and we will discuss the events while your clothes dry."

GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Ok" :D
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rukellian »

The doctor nods while accepting her gracious offer, all the while taking in her new physical appearance. "The age drain is... reversing? Interesting..." "Indeed, a discussion we will have; thank you for your hospitality, even under these circumstances." The doctor finds it hard to choose his words as his mind is busy trying to figure out what is going on with Talaseka.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Hey Doc whats the matter you look like something was different with Taleseka back there?Is that not how she normally looks?" Strongarm asks sincerely perplexed at the looks the others had when they saw Teleseka.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by wolfpack »

cobbler sniffs his underarms and shrugs

Bath? if you insist

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Trust the woman Cobbler, after where we just walked through we all need a bath. That's coming from a dwarf non the less and we hate baths." Strongarm says with his typical smile. :D

Here is a better idea of Strongarm's looks.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rukellian »

ednichols wrote:"Hey Doc whats the matter you look like something was different with Taleseka back there? Is that not how she normally looks?" Strongarm asks sincerely perplexed at the looks the others had when they saw Teleseka.
"There will be time for such an explanation after we clean ourselves up, hopefully. Even within the walls of this temple, I cannot help but feel that we are still not welcome to this place, Talaseka's hospitality aside."

GreyWolfVT

#12 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Understood Doc."

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by Stonjuz »

Rukellian wrote:The doctor finds it hard to choose his words as his mind is busy trying to figure out what is going on with Talaseka.
You didnt include a roll in your post, so i dont know exactly how much of the aging ritual reversal you can attempt to phathom. In other words.....spellcraft checks, intelligence/knowledge, religion, Charisma/Leadership is probably important to how much she reveals. maybe, or anything else i may have been looking for, at any given moment.
Since no roll was shown , i only gave the most obvious/least beneficial of clues.
Hint: It isnt too late to roll for it
8-)

After the robes are donned and the heroes find themselves comfortable in the grandeaur of the marbled halls......
Who is, if anyone, refusing the bath and robes?
she asks "....why you all thought to come here, now, at this time?"

[1d100] = 8 [1d20] = 16 [1d10] = 10 [1d8] = 4 [1d6] = 3 [1d4] = 2
Im going to change the name of this chapter as soon as it is obvious what it entails.

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Majik »

Gilnes stops admiring himself in the priestly robes at the sound of the paladins words, "At this time? What has happened since last my companions saw you?"

Gilnes awaits while admiring the paladins beauty, like a rose in full bloom just at the point when the scent beings to wane.

For the DM: [1d100] = 28[1d20] = 15[1d10] = 9[1d8] = 5[1d6] = 6[1d4] = 1
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rukellian »

!!!!!! I really should start putting those rolls in more often, sorry for the delay, and thank you for the patience.
[1d100] = 34 [1d20] = 19 [1d10] = 9 [1d8] = 2 [1d6] = 2 [1d4] = 3

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Stonjuz »

Majik wrote: "At this time? What has happened since last my companions saw you?"
Last instructions from the last meeting::
Stonjuz wrote: She tells the group that there is 'something rotten in Greyhawk' and asks the party to find out the reason. "I will be here if you have any more questions but I'm not sure I have much more information."
She adds nothing helpful."The clerics have been taking care of my every need."In a slightly lower tone, she adds, "With St. Cuthbert's aid, it seems I am resistant to the attempted evils. They expect me to be fine in a week or so. What have you all discovered?"

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"I've discovered that the sewers stink worse that I thought, and that work is hard to find, and being homeless because of another coming of the great burn is not fun at all." Strongarm says with a slight smile but entirely serious tones.

[1d100] = 94[1d20] = 10[1d12] = 7[1d10] = 9[1d8] = 2[1d6] = 4[1d4] = 2

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by Stonjuz »

The furnishings are simple but of the most excellent quality. Two ornate holy symbols hang on the walls at opposite ends of the room. The most striking features here however, are the twelve life size paintings which fill the long walls of the room. Each portrait hangs in its own intricately carved frame.
Of the twelve portraits, five can be recognized as paladins and seven as clerics. All are men attired in their best costumes, paladins in plate with sword & shield and the clerics in fine robes.
[1d100] = 58 [1d20] = 20 [1d10] = 7 [1d8] = 6 [1d6] = 3 [1d4] = 1
Talaseka comes and notices you observing the paintings, and begins to explain. "These are men who devoted their lives to St. Cuthbert and performed noble deeds in his name. The priests you see are the formr heads of this temple. The paladins, each in their own way, performed some outstanding service that required bravery and selflessness in the superlative"
She relaxes alongside the group at a nearby bench and calmy says, "The clerics have called a meeting and are expecting, rather, requesting your presence. It will begin as soon as Eritai and all of the others arrive."

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by Majik »

Gilnes stops admiring the temple room, in particular the paintings, "A meeting? Of the clerics, and they want us?"Gilnes pauses to look at Benson who he believes still has the diary from Shacktown.

"My lady, first I feel we must express the sincere concerns for your health from Master Nicholi, clergyman from Shacktown" Gilnes stops to see if she recognise the name.

"Upon hearing your name lady Talaseka, master Nicholi told us he knew your grandfather, that he was a friend of your great-grandfather, Talamar Thraydin the paladin." Gilnes looks around the room for the tapestry depicting his image.

"Master Nicholi told us that lord Talasek once told him that Lord Talamar was responsible for long ago ridding the city of an evil cult that had crept near Greyhawk. We believe that the attack on your life, and missing poor people from Shacktown, are connected. Master Nicholi also told us of a family journal, does your family still have the journal of the account in the Temple's vault?"

For the DM: [1d100] = 71[1d20] = 7[1d10] = 10[1d8] = 3[1d6] = 4[1d4] = 3
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Stonjuz »

Majik wrote: "....... Nicholi told us he knew your grandfather, that he was a friend of your great-grandfather, Talamar Thraydin the paladin." Gilnes looks around the room for the tapestry depicting his image.
Thank goodness.....i was beginning to feel that no one was paying attention..... 8-)
Now that thats outta the way...ill post the tremendous boxed text here (more tonight)and also I am renaming the chapter.

Talaseka confirms the existence of the image and extends a hand to her ancestor's painting.
The man in the painting is holding a book, instead of the usual shield like the other paladins depicted.

Return to “The Inn of the Unseen Servant - Greyhawk 2.5e”