Ch 8 : The Diary of Lord Thraydin

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Ch 8 : The Diary of Lord Thraydin

#121 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm "I do agree that if someone is living from the book that would know something or even an apprentice that was taught something by someone named in the book, why then can they not be summoned here for an audience."

tried to make that sound like it makes sense
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#122 Post by Stonjuz »

Lady Thryadin agrees, "It sounds to me like the cult is obviously somewhere in the vast sewer system. I do not want to go in there, wandering aimlessly. A mage's knowledge, or divination, may be our best course of action, since the cult will obviously be searching for us. Come. Let us have a meal while the mages are called. "

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#123 Post by Majik »

Gilnes nods in agreement, and quietly laughes at himself when Benson logically mentions having the mage, or mages, brought to the temple. ha... ha... ha

"Very good Benson... very good idea indeed. My thought was that anyone still with us, that can be questioned about the last battle with the cultist might be too old, or too in love with thier hearths, to travel here. But if the head of this temple makes the requests... perhaps they will come." Gilnes finishes with a most impressed look at Benson.

"Gentleman... and more importantly Lady... shall we dine? Slapping his hands together as if all was settled Gilnes adresses the group , "Does anyone know what colour wine goes best with snake? Gilnes ends with a good natured laugh.

For the DM: [1d100] = 6[1d20] = 9[1d10] = 7[1d8] = 6[1d6] = 1[1d4] = 1
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#124 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"I believe a good feywine goes well and I'm sure any elf would agree, but being a dwarf I say forget the wine bring me a keg of a stout dwarven ale any day it goes well with everything." Haerin smiles as he speaks showing much joy in talking about dwarven ale.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#125 Post by Stonjuz »

Expecting a mage of standing, the party, especially Branc and Feezul, prepare themselves, ready to pay homage to a wizard of great power. Instead, when the mage guild representative finally shows, the next day, everyone is let down a bit by the young mage before you, Carron Mennipes.
His knowledge is vast, as he was validictorian this year's academy.
He lets slip that the mages of the city have all left to fight an invasionary force heading this way from the north.
GreyWolfVT wrote:The most feared ability of dark nagas is their power to wield magic. A dark naga casts spells as a 6th-level wizard , and employs only verbal spells. It may learn these spells from dragons, Phaerimm, or other creatures who can cast spells with but a word or thought (act-of-will spells, as opposed to spell-like natural powers, can easily be altered into verbal-release magics . . . but the devising of a verbal-only version of a spell that normally has somatic and material components is not nearly so simple a matter). It may devise new spells, or verbal-only spell versions, itself by means of experimentation. Either means of acquiring new magics is slow and expensive, and this can often force dark nagas into servitude to a stronger evil creature or anyone who hires them, or into the life of an adventurer.
Dark naga are immune to the effects of all known (normal and magical) acids, venoms, and poisons. Some have been known to swallow poisons and act as a courier, spitting up the dangerous liquid when they deliver it to its destination. They can spit poison that they are so carrying up to 10' distant at any opponent; this requires a successful attack roll, and takes the place of their bite, though a naga can elect to bite and then release the poison as it does so, combining the damage.
In battle, a dark naga may use its sting and either a spell or a bite in the same round. If space permits, the naga can direct its sting and bite against the same foe, but it is quite intelligent enough to direct attacks at multiple opponents, even attacking foes in front of and behind it, simultaneously, if caught between them in a narrow passage.
Dark nagas cannot be mind-read; their ESP ability somehow renders them immune to the ESP-like probes of others. They are subject but resistant to charm, sleep, hold and similar enchantment/charm spells, receiving a +2 bonus to all saving throws against this school of magic.
Majik wrote:Possibly... or granted powers from an evil god.
GreyWolfVT wrote:I mean it could be something like a doppelganger maybe or some other type of shapeshifter.
GreyWolfVT wrote:it sounds like one but that is just a first guess as there is little else I can think of having a human-like head and a snakes body.
Majik wrote:I don't rule it out-of-the-question... but a Naga might be too much for this party.
You and Carron summarize the above, during debate and discussion
He says that he needs some time to use divination to determne.....
if the falcon has been freed and where the cult can be found.
He disappears for a day, before returning to reveal that she has not been released and that the cult entrances are somewhere around the GREAT BURN.

Let's finish this thing shall we?
NEW CHAPTER THE GREAT BURN

Return to “The Inn of the Unseen Servant - Greyhawk 2.5e”