Ch 8 : The Diary of Lord Thraydin

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Ch 8 : The Diary of Lord Thraydin

#101 Post by Stonjuz »

ragnboneshopper wrote: "Th-then it is th-this sn-snake woman we l-look for? She it was whose magics aged you, L-Lady T-Talaseka?" .
"When I was attacked, i do remember a hissing noise, like a snake, but to the best of my knowledge , it was a man. I neither saw, nor heard any woman".
Majik wrote:"Of all the people listed in the diary, are any still alive ? ."
"I am almost certain that Eliman has been gone a long time. Quevell died recently, about a month ago. I have never heard of Zalen. We can ask Erital first, and then maybe the Mayor's office, for the Council's records. The mage guild..."She leaves the sentence unfinished until she adds, "But how to get around town?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Rukellian »

Silently waiting in the background, contemplating this new information, Fezuul feels hopelessly useless at the moment. He cannot seem to recall anything on his end that would prove useful. Snake lady worshipping cultists who don blue robes and silver pendants, all in the name of luz, an evil order to be sure, but is it anything that he would know about? His mind keeps on drawing blanks more often then he'd like.

[1d100] = 5 [1d20] = 15 [1d10] = 5 [1d8] = 4 [1d6] = 2 [1d4] = 4

"The Mages Guild.... how to get there indeed."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#103 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Well there is always a way, if we are willing to go where few dare go except the Sewerman's Union. I know that they go under the entire city unless the wizards don't have to relieve themselves." Strongarm suggests not exactly liking to go back down in the muck.

For DM: [1d100] = 77[1d20] = 9[1d10] = 4[1d8] = 2[1d6] = 2[1d4] = 3
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#104 Post by Majik »

Gilnes shakes at the thought of another tour through the bowles of the city.
"Would it be possibly to hire a closed coach, big enough to fit us all? Or perhaps travel the way as members of your order... like some sort of procession?"

For the DM: [1d100] = 40[1d20] = 20[1d10] = 5[1d8] = 5[1d6] = 5[1d4] = 1
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

GreyWolfVT

#105 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"I like that idea better myself Gilnes, I just was sayin I knew a sure way to get there just didn't say that I liked it you know." Strongarm comments back.

For the DM: [1d100] = 12[1d20] = 20[1d10] = 10[1d8] = 5[1d6] = 6[1d4] = 3
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#106 Post by grey_starr »

This sounds like a Naga, but taking human form? that I know not of.

[1d20] = 12, [1d12] = 2, [1d10] = 2, [1d8] = 3, [1d6] = 1, [1d4] = 4
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...

GreyWolfVT

#107 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Hmm Naga but don't they have an ability to wield magic? Could they not posses the magic to change form similar to a druid?" Strongarm asks though slightly confused sounding as he speaks.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by wolfpack »

Cobbler sits and listens to all this in confusion.

Snake woman? naga? This is why magic should be avoided because it turns your women into human head snakes. If this creature was trapped perhaps someone freed it. lady does the story indicate the exact location where this took place so we can investigate?

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#109 Post by ragnboneshopper »

"Y-y-yes," agrees Agrim. "L-let's find th-this evil shrine from th-the L-Lady's book. If th-the same cult is behind all our woes, th-they may have reclaimed old haunts."

[1d100] = 8, [1d20] = 6, [1d10] = 7, [1d8] = 2, [1d6] = 1, [1d4] = 4

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#110 Post by Majik »

Gilnes grows a thoughtful expression as he listens to the voiced thoughts of the others,
"I confess, I do not know much of Naga. But I have heard of them from a story or two read to me in my youth. Perhaps this creature is one... perhaps not. Either way, I think it's best to talk to someone that has actually seen it, and then go to the `scene of the crime` if you pardon the expression.

Gilnes finishes by looking around the room for signs of agreement.

For the DM: [1d100] = 13[1d20] = 2[1d10] = 9[1d8] = 7[1d6] = 4[1d4] = 1
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

GreyWolfVT

#111 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm confesses "I don't really know anything about naga, other than the stories told to dwarf children that would not go to bed. I will admit I was just agreeing as it did sound a little like what I was told as a child."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Rukellian »

"Either way, naga or no, we now know for a fact that we are dealing with dark magics, it is no longer a hunch or a guess. We will have to tread lightly from here on out, for the forces of such things can be unpredictable at times. Our best bet is to indeed look for a mage who knows more about this dark influence, preferrably the same one that is recorded in the journal." He then turns to Talaseka, and asks her about the Mage's Guild. "I've yet to explore this grand city of ours in its entirety and I've only seen bits and pieces of it, some areas I would have preferred not to see at all," he motions to the sewers beneath them as he speaks with a weak smile. "Would you be familiar with the location of the Mage's Guild in this city, and perhaps a short route to take?"

[1d100] = 89 [1d20] = 8 [1d10] = 8 [1d8] = 7 [1d6] = 2 [1d4] = 4
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by wolfpack »

even is the mages are dead, they may have had students who they have related the story to, or kept journals of their own.

GreyWolfVT

#114 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Then lets figure out a way to get to the Mage's Guild as that appears to be the wisest course from here to gather more information."

For the DM:[1d100] = 20[1d20] = 20[1d10] = 9[1d8] = 2[1d6] = 6[1d4] = 4

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#115 Post by grey_starr »

Could we not just go to Cluemiester? we've met him before... *looking thoughtful* ... and unless I completely slept through the readings, he was there...*clearly with the look of someone having an idea* and why not have him brought here? instead of us trying to figure out how to get there?*Turning to Talaseka* Lady Talaseka, can you make arrangements for him to invited here?

[1d20] = 19, [1d12] = 6, [1d10] = 3, [1d8] = 2, [1d6] = 1, [1d4] = 2

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Rukellian »

grey_starr wrote:Could we not just go to Cluemiester? we've met him before... *looking thoughtful* ... and unless I completely slept through the readings, he was there...*clearly with the look of someone having an idea* and why not have him brought here? instead of us trying to figure out how to get there?*Turning to Talaseka* Lady Talaseka, can you make arrangements for him to invited here?

[1d20] = 19, [1d12] = 6, [1d10] = 3, [1d8] = 2, [1d6] = 1, [1d4] = 2
The doctor hesitates a bit, looking to the others, before saying this: "He- passed away a while ago, back at the auction. Did he spring back to life or something? If so, I would definitely like to look into that some time, strictly on a professional level of course, being that I am a doctor and all that."

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#117 Post by grey_starr »

Well... there is that then... *showing no signs at all of embarrassment*

[1d20] = 10, [1d12] = 11, [1d10] = 1, [1d8] = 6, [1d6] = 1, [1d4] = 4 I blame that last one on the 19 vs memory ;)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by wolfpack »

cobbler chuckles

I would prefer to converse with the living.

GreyWolfVT

#119 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"As would I, the living have so much more to say that interests me."

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#120 Post by grey_starr »

I would have no qualms if a priest were to ask the dead... if they can do such. *still serious* Still, I don't see why those that we can talk to can not come to us...

[1d20] = 13, [1d12] = 4, [1d10] = 10, [1d8] = 7, [1d6] = 5, [1d4] = 4

Return to “The Inn of the Unseen Servant - Greyhawk 2.5e”