Ch 8 : The Diary of Lord Thraydin

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Ch 8 : The Diary of Lord Thraydin

#41 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Well now lads and ladies it appears as if all cards are on the table now. We all know each others history and so forth so what now?" is all Haerin Strongarm says.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Rukellian »

Stonjuz wrote:Nicholi and each of the heroes are asked. Attempts at deceit or neglect are called out. Every detail of events are revealed.
Even Gilnes' escapades with the local womenfolk are mentioned.
Strongarm's contact at the Sewer Unionshop are named.
The names of Nayman Lesh, Darius, Thorin, Garth, Guardsman Hedges, Jacob, Skuzz and Bazil are all mentioned during Branc's precise telling of what he knows.
Cobbler even reports of the locals plea against Abriago Mechenstien.
The clerics begin to look concerned as the story fills itself in and nears its conclusion. Even the scribe looks up from his work with a worried look.
When the tale is completely told, Talaseka volunteers for service and asks the clerics for advice and assistance.
:lol: I would imagine that Fezuul was a bit hot under the collar when questioned by the clerics. He of course can be very truthful and up front with his dealings as a doctor in the city, telling them what sort of patients he has treated, names and such that he has remembered, but uh... yeah, I'll just stop there. ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#43 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm is not at all surprised at the extent of knowledge the clerics poses.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by Stonjuz »

Rukellian wrote: [:lol: I would imagine that Fezuul was a bit hot under the collar when questioned by the clerics. He of course can be very truthful and up front with his dealings as a doctor in the city, telling them what sort of patients he has treated, names and such that he has remembered, but uh... yeah, I'll just stop there. ;)
I wouldnt think of it as .."questioning"....more like ..."allowed to explain" 8-)

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Agrim waits patiently for others to speak, again feeling lost with all of this talk. His own impulse is to scour the city for blue-robed cultists, but at the moment he is mostly concerned with trying not to look offended at the dwarf's suspicious eyeing of him. So he leans over to ask Nicholi quietly, "Who are th-these tr-troublemakers in bl-blue r-r-robes?"

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#46 Post by Majik »

Gilnes, from his seat, answers all questions with the utmost etiquette his education provides, however he gracefully avoids directly naming any lady with which he spent a pleasant moment.

However a worried look passes over his handsome features at the delay in the books arrival.

For the DM: [1d100] = 70[1d20] = 7[1d10] = 6[1d8] = 2[1d6] = 1[1d4] = 4
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by Stonjuz »

[1d100] = 2 [1d20] = 5 [1d10] = 5 [1d8] = 2 [1d6] = 1 [1d4] = 4
Erital is looked to by all for expression and is the first to answer.
She commends everyone involved for keeping their findings secret and avoiding panic throughout the city. (200xp for each)
She calls for the two other paladins serving the region. Her assistants inform her that the said paladins are away, helping the elves fight evil elsewhere.
She prepares for a formal address for the record.
"The group I see assembled here before me looks like a formidable one. You have obviously weathered many battles and challenges. You have already come a long way toward fighting this evil. I do not know that my best people could do more than what you can do yourselves.
Talaseka, you are a well respected, though young, daughter of the church. If St. Cuthbert has chosen you, then I believe he has chosen wisely. I would ask that you continue your investigations with this group and make recommendations to the Temple for eliminating the foul element.
I will continue to give thought to the matter and consult with my assistants. If we can assist you, we certainly will do so. But right now, I must admit, I have no one available to join this cause. And any who stand ready are not as strong as yourselves."

She looks around to the clerics. Nicholi stands and asks that he be allowed to follow along with the group.
None of the others speak formally. Erital's gesture of concern is seen and picked up by all.
At this time it is assumed that Talaseka is now part of the group. She looks to your party to see if you think having the very elderly Nicholi alongside, is a good idea or not

GreyWolfVT

#48 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm just simply shrugs as if it is not his call. "The more the better I suppose lady." he says with his tell tale smile after he is done speaking. Image

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#49 Post by Stonjuz »

ednichols wrote:Strongarm just simply shrugs as if it is not his call. "The more the better I suppose lady." he says with his tell tale smile after he is done speaking.
Erital addresses Strongarm. "Master dwarf, know that this evil has come to us of Greyhawk. We would not ask that you be commanded to help them, but if you be a true son of Truesilver, I would venture Iuz an enemy of yours also."

GreyWolfVT

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"I absolutely am here to help and if thwarting evil beings is the cause then I am all in, Luz is an enemy to many."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Rukellian »

The doctor, Fezuul Lokvin, stands up momentarily and shakes his head in dissaproval. "I have but only met Nicholi for short duration, and in that time, I came to the conclusion that his current living district is in more dire need of his services than he may think. The community that he has helped over the years, nurtured and taken care of, looks to him for their foundational support. The 'Shacktown' in question, for lack of a better term, would surely fall apart and become prey to even more undesireable souls, should he leave. I, at least, would not feel comfortable with the idea of stealing him away from that community for our own ends, even if they are just. I stand by my opinion and will be hardpressed to change it." The doctor looks towards Talaseka with reassurance as he finishes, also looking towards Nicholi to reaffirm with him that he was serious.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by wolfpack »

Nicholi since I was child you watched over and guided me. You taught me to care for others who needed aid, that those who have the least are the ones who need us the most.

You stay and take care of the people who need you, allow me to now take up the standard and do this work now. I will not let the concerns of the people fall to the wayside.

GreyWolfVT

#53 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"I'm not entirely sure of what they are talking about but it does sound like you are needed elsewhere and I would agree with Doc and Phineus."

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#54 Post by Stonjuz »

Erital concludes the meeting, all be it apologetically. She then tells Talaseka, and the party, to visit the vaultmaster to learn whether her book has been located.
Talaseka leads the group downstairs to a small room equipped only with a small desk and chair with a handful of stools nearby. The walls of the room are lined with written ledgers. Talaseka rings a small, nearby bell.

GreyWolfVT

#55 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Ding ding, service please." Strongarm says in a most humorous manner.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Indeed, an en-n-nemy of Iuz cannot be but a fr-friend of mine," says Agrim at Strongarm's declaration, and the half-orc nods solemnly at the dwarf in token of attempted friendship before arising with the others to follow Talaseka out. "We l-look for th-the book, L-Lady?" he asks. "Are y-y-you sure y-you didn't have it, th-that it wasn't stolen when th-they r-r-ransacked y-your place?"

[1d100] = 60, [1d20] = 3, [1d10] = 6, [1d8] = 2, [1d6] = 6, [1d4] = 3

GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strangarm having listened to the words fully stands and offers his handshake as a gesture of friendship to the half-orc. "A friend indeed I like to steal my friendships with a handshake if you will friend."

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#58 Post by Stonjuz »

cant help but see odd similarities with Jake n Elwood. Even the makeshift barrier locks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inb1NxdoKNc
As the party calmy waits in the vaultmaster's office lobby, an overhead musical box plays a lovely instrumental entitled, "The Girl from Hepmonaland". All can wonder how a horrible evil grows beneath, yet you all seem to be standing around accomplishing very little at the moment.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Rukellian »

Stonjuz wrote:cant help but see odd similarities with Jake n Elwood. Even the makeshift barrier locks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inb1NxdoKNc
As the party calmy waits in the vaultmaster's office lobby, an overhead musical box plays a lovely instrumental entitled, "The Girl from Hepmonaland". All can wonder how a horrible evil grows beneath, yet you all seem to be standing around accomplishing very little at the moment.
:lol: good reference, but I can't help but feel a bit depressed about the situation. You nailed it right on the head, but it's not like I can rush the situation, not as a law abiding doctor who does not want to upset those in the temple... Things like these take time, and sometimes we all have to sit down in a lobby and listen to such music, right? :lol: (Who am I kidding?)

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#60 Post by Majik »

While waiting for the vault to open, Gilnes shares a private word with Benson.

For the DM: [1d100] = 47[1d20] = 6[1d10] = 10[1d8] = 6[1d6] = 1[1d4] = 3
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

Return to “The Inn of the Unseen Servant - Greyhawk 2.5e”