rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 10

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:48 a

The Slave Pits

There are 5 doses of the potion left.

Dredd maintains a watch on the tower as the party continues to talk. Eljayess climbs the ladder to the hole, and finds the slaves and Elwita gone and the passage quiet.

Dredd climbs after her and sits in the hole, so that he can see Eljay as well as the party below.

Phanstern reminds Dredd of his wand and suggests allowing the group behind the door entrance to attack them when they are bunched together.

Kayen suggests something similar, utilizing the stairway as a bottleneck and perhaps adding some sort of ruse to trick the group behind the door.

Ogre, getting impatient at the inactivity, climbs the stairwell to stand by the door.

Meanwhile the whipping and cries of the slaves’ pain continues as the pounding on the door increases. Since when is this door locked anyway??!!! Sturm, we were supposed to close this deal today, and these slaves are getting unruly! I’m going to have my men start killing merchandise instead of your pigfaced guards… I know you don’t want to lose the coin! the voice yells, apparently smug in the fact that he believes he’s hit a weak spot.

Please double check the map for me I’ll think we’ll just stipulate that DD and Elj are at the top of the ladder :) .
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (108.91 KiB) Viewed 1161 times
[/b]HPs: Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Kayen, Blodgett, Ogre, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno 13 slaves…….
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Hold Portal spell 6 rounds.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 9

#2 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern will take a boff from the invisibility potion and move south across the bridge somewhat, not wanting to be caught in any conflagration that spews from Dredd's wand.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by Alethan »

Freda waits until anyone else who wants to take a dose of the invisibility potion does before she takes a dose and likewise moves to the south.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by rredmond »

That's two doses out of five.
I'll wait a bit before moving us along as the potions are time limited.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 10

#6 Post by Stirling »

Kayen remain at the foot of the stairs, javelin ready to launch. "Ogre my friend, speak to them in some accursed tongue and tell them to keep the noise down, the accountant is busy with his figures!"

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Distorted Humor »

Elwita appears at the hole, hammers ready

"Need some help?"

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by max_vale »

Ogre shrugs as he doesn't quite get what 'accursed tongue' is supposed to mean; and besides he only knows Common even if he were to take the time to slowly noodle through and figure out what his companion meant.

Talking in a harsh tone in the hopes of sounding like a vicious warrior; which shouldn't be too hard; he replies to the unknown voice; "Alright, alright, I'll open the door in a second you diseased wind-bag!"; and he moves to open the door; his shield slung on his back and his left hand hovering over the knob while looking at his companions with a question in his eyes and his sword gripped on his right hand; back flat against the wall....

OOC: If no one objects and at least one of his party members nods their head; Ogre will throw open the door and stay out of way for arrow-fire; spells, etc. (I.e. either yank the door open or throw it open, depending on which way it opens and either way; staying flat against the wall parallel to the door. After the missile fire; spells; etc. take effect he will wait to see if any bad guys rush in and attack them from the flank if so; or if they don't; he will then rush through to attack them

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett will also take a swig of the potion, then move to the northern edge of the room, his sling at the ready. He will watch the door at the top of the stair, and wait for Ogre to open it.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by rredmond »

Here's the thing, there are six more minutes of a Hold Portal going on. Unless Ogre wants to bash open the door (which is certainly possible) he can't open the door as normally. Unless anyone wants to do anything else, I'm going to assume that you wait the 6 minutes and just let the door open. Ogre can stall them until that point well enough. If no one posts by tomorrow, I'll move it forward.
Sorry all!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by max_vale »

OOC: I can't/won't speak for anyone else; but that's certainly cool with me!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#12 Post by Alethan »

max_vale wrote:OOC: I can't/won't speak for anyone else; but that's certainly cool with me!
For just this one instance, I want Max to speak for me.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by Distorted Humor »

Elwita uses the six mins to get down and join the rest of the party.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern will count how many daggers he collected from dead foes, and calculate how many rounds he can throw them.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by max_vale »

Ogre will continue to use his limited vocabulary to grunt, curse and otherwise stall the Slavers on the opposite side of the door....

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by saalaria »

Dredd glances between above and below, trying to be looking everywhere at once.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#17 Post by ToniXX »

While he waits, invisible, Blodgett does a little jig that no one can see. He's quite a good dancer.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:54 a

The Slave Pits

Okay, sorry for the lateness. Sent out 2 PMs, and I’m giving last chances to change actions.

The following folks take a swig of the potion: Phanstern, Freda, Blodgett. Leaving two doses left.

Phanstern and Freda move southerly.

Blodgett moves northerly and does a jig :) .

Elwita moves closerly.

And Ogre is at the top of the steps. The human leader type voice is pissed off at Ogre not letting him in, but seems to believe Ogre in that he’s going to be let in. There’s definitely a bunch of folk on the other side of the door, but what the mix of slaver to slave is uncertain.

Please double check the map for me. DD and Elj are at the top of the ladder, Elwita made her way down. Folks highlighted in yellow are invisible when the door opens
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (110.88 KiB) Viewed 1032 times
[/b]HPs: Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Kayen, Blodgett, Ogre, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno 13 slaves…….
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by Alethan »

Freda moves to the far west wall and takes position towards the south end of it. She verbally indicates her new position to the rest of the party.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by saalaria »

"El, Kayen - do you waant to come up the ladder and surprise them? Get Ogre too!" Dredd stage whispers to the others

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”